Season 5 Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 9, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. fuzzyl0gic

I got a 2x multiplier in week 15, and when I advanced he committed. Sitting at the #1 class right now!

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Just curious, is there anything behind getting the 2x multiplier or does it just happen randomly? I started recruiting those two safeties I got to commit really late and got the 2x multiplier on them like 3 weeks in a row.

5. fuzzyl0gic

It is random from my understanding.

6. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Philstyle3005, do you want to play tonight? I have a work call scheduled from 7PM-midnight, but I should be able to drop off by 8PM. Want to try for 8?

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

8 central or est.? Either one will work for me. If the call goes longer than expected and you can't get off, just post something on here and let me know what time would be better because I should be around pretty much all night.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]

Virginia scores later in the game for the ACC championship! The Cavaliers came in as the underdogs in this game going against a very skilled Clemson team. The Cavaliers didn't expect to win this game after a loss to Clemson last year but it was a good game all around. Clemson's offense was hard to stop as they ran a balanced attack from the shotgun and the Cavaliers couldn't find a way to stop it. But as Virginia trailed in the 4th quarter 27-14 they knew they needed to have a turn around somehow. And boom it happened, Watford hit freshman TE, Terrel Greer on a big gain on a flag route and then hit Greer on a out route to put the Cavaliers on the board in less than two minutes to put the score at 27-21. Then Clemson threw a interception to put the Cavaliers close to the endzone. Watford dropped back and got sacked for a 10 yard loss, but made up for it throwing a 20+ yard pass to Morris on a post route to put the Cavaliers up 28-27 with just 4 minutes left in the game. The Cavaliers were able to hold on to win it and capture their ACC title for the 2015 season GG sawemoff

• Like Like x 1
  9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Philstyle3005, I just got off the call so am going to eat some dinner real quick. Wanna play at 8:15 CST or so? I am still on call so I am hoping they don't call in the middle of our game. If they do, I will pause the game and send you an XBL message. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but just a heads up if they do call me.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Yeah that's fine

11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Philstyle3005

Jumping on now.

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 37
    Penn St. 13

Michigan takes down the B1G Championship in convincing fashion, and clinches a birth in the National Title game against Virginia or Oregon. Michigan started this game off hot, with the opening drive completing a 42 yard post route to Sean McDougal who had beat his man, then made the safety over the top miss for the early 7-0 lead. Michigan would stop Penn St. on their opening drive, and then have another good drive, that was forced to a 4th and 1, and Michigan played safe and kicked the 20 yard field goal to take the lead 10-0. Penn St. would get it's first drive going and get 3 points out of it to make the score 10-3. Michigan would drive down again and get a rushing touchdown to make the score 17-6. That's what it would be going into the half. To start the 2nd half, Penn St. would have the ball and my memory goes pretty blurry here so I'll give a summary what happened. I scored somehow to make it 24-6, and was going to punt with 2 minutes and 17 seconds left, but he got disconnected and we restarted the game. I kicked off to him, and then picked him off for a touchdown to make the score 31-6. I added to field goals from that point, and he added a screen pass for a touchdown to make the final 37-13. That's why the score is different than the dynasty shows.

Game notes: Michigan: 0 turnovers
    Jon Larsen was knocked out for the game on Michigan's last drive of the 1st half, so Anthony Garcia played the entire 2nd half for the Wolverines.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

It's random, and unless they changed the way it works over the last few releases you only get one type a week. The multiplier, the CPU unlocking pitches, the pink diamond, and the mid week commits are all randomish. But you can up your odds for the 2x and mid week commits. If you keep your board small, and unlock all the pitches, towards the end of the season you'll start getting the 2x every week. If you only have 2 guys on your board, you can get it on them every week. If you pay attention during recruiting you can make some serious inroads on top prospects. That's how I got Bret Davis, I didn't find him until week 8.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Thanks for the heads up man. I didn't know any of that. I just kept getting the 2x on these last two recruits, and they were 2 of 6 on my board so the small board for sure had something to do with it bc I only recruited them for 4 weeks.

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

GG -Cougars- I got greedy with the interception I threw. Should have stuck with the underneath route but I just couldn't resist it when I saw my guy beating your Safety, thinking I could needle it in there :oops: