Season 5 - Create A Prospect?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 22, 2009.

?

Should we or no?? 2/3rds wins (that's 8/12 people!)

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 5 - Create A Prospect?

We were going to do this in my 09' league, and it seemed like a really fun idea! Figured I'd run the idea by everyone to see if this is something we might like to do..

*Obviously wouldn't make the player a complete beast, and we'd have to vote on a lot of things, including:

Column 1 Column 2
    Name: We'd have to give him an awesome name
    Location: This can play a huge factor so I think we should have to make him from a state that none of our teams are located...like Hawai'i.
    Position: Offense or Defense, and what position.
    Overall Rating: What range would we want his overall rating to be coming in as a Freshman? Marcus Kemp came in at an 86 I believe. So I think the 80-86 range would suffice.
    Type: What type of player would he be. Scrambler or pocket passer, hard hitter or coverage, run block or pass block, and so on..
    Year: We could also choose a year, he could be JUCO if we wanted.

Thoughts?!

2. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I dont think this is a good idea because if he really came in that high(80-86) only a handfull of teams(in this dynasty) can actually go after him.I know i wouldnt be able to go after him with Akron's pitches.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just saying..

we all had shitty pitches...mine aren't spectacular right now btw..

I signed Marcus Kemp with CMU in Season 2. Almost had ND's backup QB (Brady Wynn 5 star) that year too.

It would be pretty random who he is interested in at the start. I'm just saying, I've always had a lot of fun with this feature. He wouldn't have to be 80-86, and he could be a punter for all I care!! :D

4. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I like the idea. It would be funny to make him a 5-star FB because of how rare those are. He would be sorta like a celebrity of our dynasty (like Marcus Kemp was:))

5. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

How many Users were actually going after Marcus Kemp? Or was that just you recruiting against the CPU,who probably had him at the bottom of its board.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think its a cool idea. I say we make a kicker with 4.4 speed haha

A beast FB would be fun too.

I say we make him from Canada :D

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I second that EH!!

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I wasn't on his list to begin with, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one going after him.

So you just think we shouldnt do it because your pitches suck? All of the MAC pitches suck tbh, and mine aren't great now besides the coaching ones, and a couple others..I'm not sure how the C-USA's are

He would not be from Canada lol

9. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I would be lying if that wasnt apart of it, but im also not into created schools/players.Also i know "My" pitches suck but im sure the guys that have been here and built there program up would have good enough pitches to actively pursue this player.the only thing i probably would have to offer his player is PT and with my luck he wouldnt care lol.GO ahead and do it if the majority wants it.

Only thing good to come out of canada is Wolverine

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I know what you're saying.

My point is just that everyone has shitty pitches. My pitches didn't get any better while I was at CMU, just the amount of recruits interested in me.

11. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Yeah this is true but certain pitches get better like Coach experience and Program stability and coach prestige if im not mistaken, so alteast some will have those to lean on.

I dont think i would have the time to go after him anyway because i need to rebuild my Lb core and Dline with interested players and i can't use valuable recruiting time to chase a dream lol.I think if the majority wants to do it then its ok.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Also keep in mind that if he were a 5 star not everyone would go after him because of the limits

edit: we could make him from Ohio (Kent State, Bowling Green, Akron)

13. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Again if the majority wants it then go with it, but i personally dont like the idea because that gives our schools and unfair advantage on said player.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I dont like the idea that much either....But if all want it, then im game. I mean, hell ill go after him, might even sign him.....haha

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Maybe it's a bad idea, but I want to argue :D

We could make him resemble someone? LeBron James??

OOOOOOOOOOORR

and I beg this!! We can make my highschool's kicking coach. Nothing would be funnier than a very large (300lbs+) man kickin it through the uprights!!