Season 5 - Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by 1ke, Jan 3, 2011.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Put em here kids!

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

man I can't get a shut out in NCAA 11 online dynasties to save my life. I've pitched a million 3 quarter shut outs, but just like last night TCU went 4 for 4 on 4th downs on there very last drive. Converted one of like 4th and 18, I ran zone and couldn't believe they got it, the receiver got like 18.00001 yards lol...looking at team stats TCU was like 2/16 on 3rd down but 4 of 4 on 4th down :mad:...but I didn't throw 100 interceptions like I did against Oklahoma

I'll have a full on game summary a little bit later

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

LOOK OUT FOR TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe I just suck???????????????????????????????????????

FML 39-24

One of those computer just wants me to loose. I mean the Horns are loaded across the board. They have a 95 at QB 3-90+ at wr both sides of their line are in the 90's LB are beasts 2-1 handed INT's where they leapt into the air (50" vertical) to pick off passes. CB played press all day and just batted down balls left and right they got a pick six and a fumble recovery for six this game sucks ass!!!!! Oh their kicker missed 2 xp's and a FG from 25 yards. that is their only weakness........

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Tigers Defeat Horned Frogs
    [​IMG]
    Fort Worth, TX -- The 15th ranked Tigers from Clemson traveled into Armon G. Carter stadium to face the 17th ranked TCU Horned Frogs. The Tigers opened the game with the ball and marched quickly with running back Demont Buice before Marques Pierre capped off the drive with a 1 yard run. The stingy Clemson defense didn't allow a first down until midway through the 2nd quarter, but put an end to TCU drive with an interception by OLB Courtney Rogers. True Freshman MLB Marcus McGee caused problems for the TCU offense all day long, McGee recorded 10 tackles in the game, 3 sacks, a force fumble and batted down several passes over the middle. The Tigers tacked on a field goal early in the 2nd and Buice ran in a score from 14 yards out and the Tigers took a 17-0 lead at the break. Clemson's defense forced another punt on TCU's opening drive in the 3rd and freshman QB Tim Medlock hooked up with Ryan Conception in the endzone for another Clemson score. Clemson kept the ball on the ground eating up clock throughout the 2nd half while TCU finally got on the scoreboard with their last posession. The Frogs were 2/16 on the 3rd down in the game but were 4 for 4 on 4th downs in the final drive, converting a 4th and 14 and throwing a touchdown on a 4th and 18 from the 26 yard line, TCU QB Paul Schneider escaped 2 sacks and stood behind his line for days it seemed before tossing up the touchdown to WR Fred Miller as Miller was coming back off his route. Clemson moves to 1-0 on the season and coach TECLemson53 snags his first victory as the Clemson coach, the Tigers will head into a tough stretch of games, hosting Georgia followed up by a trip down to Miami.​

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll let Max post more about our game, since he won by a final of 35-30. Had a chance to seal it being up 24-21 with 2 minutes left and knocking on the door. New starting HB Eduardo Clements fumbled it away, and the defense suddenly became unable to play any kind of pass defense at all. Watching Clements fumble it away really made me wish Storm Johnson had decided to stay. I was impressed that all the new guys played well for the most part. Losing 3/4 of your secondary hurts, but it seemed like they could pull it together until those final 2 minutes happened.

The Canes now play host to Rutgers before Clemson heads to town for Miami's ACC opener.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I'll let Max post more about our game Good luck with that one!!!

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. It should be a requirement to post about user games at the very least! Get on it @Maxattax34

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Georgia 59
    UCLA 16

The Dawgs start out the season by pounding the Bruins in what was sort of a sloppy game offensively. RS Freshman QB John Simmons struggled a bit early on as he was sacked 4 times in the first 3 drives. He finally settled down to throw 2 TD passes. It was a relatively light output by the offense. The defense was swarming, putting major pressure on the UCLA QB all game. Though we recorded only 4 sacks, we were hitting him all game and forced him to throw 2 pick 6's late.

Next week we head to Clemson to face the Tigers.

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

why am I not excited ?

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Come on. Be a man and stand up and represent the ACC! :)

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

FSU chops up ND on the road 48-24.

We got it rolling early in the first half and took a 38-14 lead to the locker room at halftime.

Then ND took over and we could do no right, if it wasnt for a couple of fumbles not sure we win this one. We took a couple of fortunate turnovers and turned them into points to put the irish away.

Our QB threw for 450 yds and 5 tds.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Still waiting for Max's write-up. As I mentioned before, I think HR should make it a requirement that write-ups be done for user games. I'm always interested in hearing how things went down. Maybe I'm the only one, though...

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wake Forest 48

USF 30

This was a pretty fun game. The Bulls made some good plays but could not convert on some crucial third downs. We have almost 300 yards total on the ground between Horton and Emert. Price came out as the starting QB this season and had a pretty good game. He threw for just under 200 yards and 2 scores while scrambling for another 60 something yards. Price did get knocked out for a series in which backup QB Dorsey ran in a TD, I am pleased so far with my QB play.

A win to open the season, next week we host the Tigers, who are hungry after a loss to the Longhorns.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Florida Knocks Off Canes, Serves Cold Dish of Revenge
    Who says Coaching doesnt matter? After an embarrassing NC loss to in-state rival Miami, Florida fans were calling for Coach Max's head. Florida's HC couldnt make it to the game citing a "family emergency" and without their fearless leader the Gators couldnt even put up a fight. "I knew it was a fluke" said Coach Max at a pre-season press conference "we are better than 58-0". The scheduling Gods shined down upon the state of Florida though, and America was blessed with a Week 1 National Championship rematch.​
    Florida would lose the toss and Miami would elect to kick off to the dangerous Gator offense. That offense would slice and dice their way down the field, moving the sticks thanks to their power-run game and Junior HB Tony Bell. UF would draw first blood with a 3yd TD rush courtesy of Bell. Miami would get the ball and do their thing. Their methodical approach would contrast the quick-strike capabilities of the Gators all game, and would allow for an exciting finish.​
    The Canes would score midway through the 2nd quarter after a sustained drive. Florida would get the ball and put together an extended drive of their own, scoring with 0:36 left in the half giving them an apparent 14-7 halftime lead. Miami had other ideas however, and would get down the field into FG position, scoring 3 points as the half expired. 14-10​
    Miami got the ball back and would engineer another great scoring drive that lasted several minutes, allowing them to take the lead 17-14. UF would answer 20 seconds later with a 2-play 80-yd TD drive, retaking the lead 21-17. After another drawn-out scoring drive by the Canes, the lead would again flip-flop back to Miami.​
    The 4th quarter is when things really got interesting. UF would finally be contained on offense and punt the ball back to Miami. "The U" would start off on another one of their clock-chewing drives and 90,000+ Gator fans began to get that sick feeling in their stomach. Miami was knocking on the door about to seal the game when MLB Larry Glover, for lack of a better expression, let his nuts hang.​
    A few hurry-up plays later this happened...​
    Miami would get the ball back but couldnt get their first play off in time resulting in a delay of game. Miami was desperate for a TD, but Glover was still charged...​
    Florida would score, and so would Miami but it was too little too late. A recovered onside kick and 1st down would put this one to rest.​
    The Gators will definitely enjoy this win. Miami was a fierce opponent, and if Coach Max were on the sidelines during the NC we could have seen one of the greatest National Championships of all time (excluding Texas' 05 win of course).​

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nice write-up, Max. Looking at the fumble still makes me sick. Dude had the ball in the far arm, too. Nothing one can do about that. On that delay, I totally forgot I had chew clock on from the last possession. That's solid coaching by me. Great win. I think this would have been a similar game in the last national championship game had you been able to play. Here's to hoping the return game in Miami goes my way!

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ive never been a fan of switching the ball around. Keep it in your strong arm son!

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

That IS his strong arm. Was just saying the ball was on the opposite side of his body from the defender.

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

This is in regards to the week 1 game between Virginia and Tennessee.

Virgina went to Neyland and got the win they would have really liked. The game started out with a opening TD drive for UVA. Then on UT's first possession, UVA SS Usain Houssaine got a nice interception that UVA converted into 6. Lots of points in this one, as neither defense put up much of a fight as points were scored all the way through the 4th. Good game Maggie.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Week 2...Im pissed.

I lost to tOSU. Good game, i guess, there QB only missed 4 passes all game. They take the lead in the 4th. I have a 11 play drive over 4 minutes long. Clocks at a minute, im at the 10. Call a power play, i see the hole wide as can be, endzone in sight. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my rb gets hit and fumbles at the 3 yard line. Game fucking over. Ugh. Fucking stupid

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I Feel ya Ike TOSU and Texas have very similar teams. Sign me up for a directional team next year or wait UCLA sounds nice!!!!! JK HR you know UCLA=UT;)

21. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

HotRod's Bulldogs, pushed my team around like I've never been pushed around before. I've been whipped up in this game before but his defense might be the fastest defense I've seen. My O-Line gave me about 2 seconds of blocking, hell I tried to run the option once and I got lit up before I even got out from under center it seemed. I got some big plays early on, a deep pass behind the defense but the receiver got ran down (yep, embarrassing)..and then Buice broke through the line really early for what seemed like it was going to be a long ass touchdown run, he got ran down hell hes a 97 speed I think. Good game HotRod. When I stopped you twice in a row and had trimmed the lead 14-10, had moved to midfield, I felt I had a chance at a great game but when Buice dropped the ball in your lap and you scored, I figured it would take a lot from me to come back. I got careless in the 2nd half. I felt like I'm OKAY at defense on this game but last night I couldn't get anything to work. I hope the rest of your teams aren't as good as Georgia's, I will break my controller if I have to experience another game like this. If you look at the stats, we were PRETTY equal, but I had 3 turnovers, 1 fumble in my own territory and then 2 careless interceptions, 1 on a ball I just threw up near half time that HotRod turned around and scored a touchdown in about 30 seconds, then one really late, I was on the UGA 5 and threw a quick slant but I think the lineman dropped back into coverage and snagged it. The stats are pretty equal as far as passing/rushing but the 4 touchdown passes for the Dogs and 3 turnovers for me were the difference.

@HotRod

I wasn't bitching on XBL about your defense, I was just asking, it really felt like you had them dudes on aggressive all game, I'd snap it and have your whole d-line and a few linebackers almost getting to my QB faster then the ball did.

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    No problem, I'm not one to use the gameplan stuff with the exception of conservative catching if I'm having the case of the dropsies. Not a big fan of it, especially agressive D, I think it's unrealistic as hell.

Anyway, I've made it a priority to recruit guys on defense with excellent pursuit and block shedding. Not sure if you notice but I do some defensive shifting to set up my D to defend well. I've had my games where I got gashed and I've worked on figuring out blitz schemes and how to put pressure on the opposing QB. However it think it's more of the talent on defense cause I've played games vs the likes of UF and Auburn where their defenses were on my ass all game as well. I think the talent gap came into play bigtime.

23. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yeah I understand all that. I could tell your team was better and your a better player then me. like I said somewhere in this thread, "hopefully you guys make me better". I noticed you were moving the defense around, I know when I blitzed, you torched it. I read your defense a few times and got a few plays. The biggest factor to me was your damn linebackers, they were so damn fast, no matter if I had someone open for a split second, you were swarming to them. It really wasn't as bad as it looked, it was a good game, just frustrating for me to have a good quarter and a half and turn the thing over. My backs were breaking a good bit of tackles, which shocked me. This team also lost a good bit of people from Gyrene's team.

24. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    No doubt, during the 1st quarter I was thinking to myself "shit this might be a dog fight, this guy came to play". That fumble changed the whole dynamic of the game then I started to open up the offense and that's all she wrote. This league will def make you better, it's pretty competitive, various styles you play against. Like for whatever reason, Auburn's defense seems to always give me trouble and I've had a few close calls against him.

Oh and not to be cocky, though my nickname in Tradition 1 is Cocky Rocky, I fancy myself as one of the best offensive players on the site. I'm pretty good at reading defenses and making the quick decisions and I am pretty difficult to stop. So don't get too frustrated, lol. ;)

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Miami plays a sloppy game, but manages to still destroy a vastly overrated Rutgers team, 47-0. The Canes dominated this one, but made quite a few mistakes that would cost them in a game versus any decent team. There were fumbles o'plenty, passes which sailed nowhere near Miami receivers, and a number of costly penalties. Thanks to the speed of Miami vs. Rutgers, we were able to get nearly all the fumbles back. Not sure what was going on with the penalties. I think each and every lineman (including the TE) got called for a holding penalty. Many were declined, thanks to poor play on the rest of the team's part.

Thankfully, the defense came to play, limiting the Scarlet Knights to 120 yards of offense. The offense also got it together enough to move the ball well most of the game. HB Eduardo Clements ran for 240 yards on 23 carries, including 5 TD's. Backup HB Tony Brown added 109 yards and a TD on 14 carries.

Miami also scored its first safety of the year, sacking the Rutgers QB in the end zone on their second possession. Next up for the Canes is the ACC opener against Clemson. The Tigers are sure to be looking to get back in the win column after a tough loss against Georgia.