Season 5 Recap

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Feb 25, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Michigan finishes the season 9 - 4 following the Gator Bowl win. It was a frustratiing season for all associated with the porogram as the team came a couple possessions from having a memorable season in Ann Arbor. The back to back seven point losses to Wisconsin and Michigan State were the low point of the season but the team rebounded until the OT loss to Ohio. This team is extremely talented and will lose a great deal of talent to graduation. Among the accomplishments of the strong Senior class:

• WR Justin Muse 178 receptions for 3145 yards and 29 TDs
    • C Robert Horton 35 pancakes
    • DT Aaron Anderson 57 TFL 27 Sacks
    • DT Kory Webb 54 TFL 30 Sacks (school record)
  2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Disappointing season here as well finishing at 8-5. The good news is that we don't say goodbye to any major players. I'm losing my #1 WR Titus Gross but he never panned out due to lack of speed and acceleration. The biggest loss is probably TE/FB Lee Greenwood but after signing last year #2 TE and this years #1 TE I am only going to improve there. Fully expecting to have an A overall team next season.
  3. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Jul 6, 2011
    I will continue with the disappointment theme from the last two posts. LSU started off in the Top 5 in the country with a supremely talented team. With big wins over user controlled teams (PAC 12 champion Stanford and Northwestern) the Tigers were demolished by a tough Georgia team on the road. They followed that up with a loss at Florida against the CPU and then 2 simmed losses to bad teams while I was out of town. I put together some wins to end the regular season including another user win, but couldn't get the Ole Miss game scheduled and took a loss there as well. A tough loss to Michigan in the last minute capped a tough year that also saw my star QB (99 OVR) play in just 3 games. It was also the worst recruiting class I have ever have taking prestige levels into account. With users controlling so many top programs, it seemed like I had 3 of those teams higher than my team on all of my good recruits boards. Then I had to scramble to sign 4 scrubs from Florida just to keep the pipeline there because somehow the CPU didn't recruit 1 player from Florida the last three years.

I did have a lot of fun however, and I am glad this league is a challenge. Hopefully I can play all of my games next year and make a run at the SEC.
  4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Aug 11, 2010
    As awful as we played this year, we had a nice run at the end of the season. This really showed me with a little more motivation and dedication from the couch (yeah, me), the team could be a contended in the PAC 12. Although we lose our 2 star running backs, you can garauntee we have more talent working their way into the program. Next season we look to be changing the play book and really introduce some changes to the way we've operated the past 5 seasons. Good or bad, something needs to give and this is something we feel we need to tackle in the offseason.
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Mar 13, 2011
    Arizona had an above average year. With the last recruits of Mike Stoops last recruiting class pumping through, Arizona had a solid 9-4 season. The only losses that were toss ups were Michigan and USC. Arizona needs to now win those toss up games to be considered among the elites in College football. Got that 5th star we have been searching for the past two seasons. Arizona looks to improve it's recruiting to a top 25 class yearly. With the next recruiting classes being able to have 18 recruits. Losses of Ka'Deem Carey and some prolific receivers, Arizona will look to some young guns and some good play from Rodney Fuller. Next season is gonna show how well everyone's recruiting classes strength.
  6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    I will bring some happiness to all the gloomy. Stanford had a great season with a BCS Bowl win, Pac-12 Title, Top 5 finish and a stellar season from their HB. Oh and we FINALLY got our sixth star, nothing will stop me now as I dominate jello1717 in California recruiting. Back to business, it's obvious Wright was the life of this team. When he was injured those brief 3 weeks, we dropped each game and this season was all but lost. Then Wright returns and put on a show that probably propelled him into the 1st or 2nd rounds of the draft. With Wright leaving and our passing game getting stronger will all receivers returning, we will most definitely hit the air more after RJ had a great season even though he played only 3/4 of it.
  7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    ASU put together yet another phenomenal season, going 13-1, capped off with our 4th BCS bowl victory. This year we graduated from excelling with one of the worst user teams in the OD to a team that was right in the middle. We had 4 rushers top 500 yards and 5 guys with at least 347 and 4 TDs. We were led by true FR Bryan Stephens who, as the 3rd string HB, put up the 3rd most rushing yards and 2nd most rushing TDs and most broken tackles in a season on my watch. He did this by picking up an astonishing 9.5 YPC. Defensively we had a very young team with only 1 SR starter, yet they play stupendous D all year long. A defense's job is to get the opposing offense off the field and they excelled at this task.

The future is very bright for ASU as we look to only improved up this season for 2016.
  8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    The Northwestern Wildcats finished the 5th season under Coach KSherm by grabbing their second consecutive bowl win to go 8-5. It's a mark that you've gotta be happy with at NU considering the talent this team had to work with this season (80 overall). The big stories of the year were the play by SR TE Jay Rome who hauled in 60 passes on the season and was a big time play maker for the Wildcats offense. The offense was solid all season long finishing in the top tier of points scored in the B1G, but the defenses was unable to hold up their end of the bargain letting teams score at will. Hopefully with another year of progression and some more talent this team can make a run next season.
  9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    2015 Wisconsin Badgers -- A Look Back

The Badgers amazing run continued, as the school won its third consecutive BCS championship. The Badgers also won their fifth straight B1G championship and currently own a 39 game winning streak. The team was defined by a solid, two headed rushing attack and a big play passing attack. Defensively, the Badger defense lead the nation in rushing defense. The pass defense, at times suspect thru the year, came up big in the B1G championship game. This team was junior heavy and with only 3 early entries to the NFL, look for them to compete once again for the BCS title in 2016.
  10. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Apr 27, 2011
    Ole Miss had a very disappointing season finishing 9-5. Close L’s to WIsky, ASU, and MSU really took its toll on the team. With a bad loss in the CCG and losing the bowl game dropped Ole Miss back to a four star program. One bright spot is that HB Anthony Martin brought home the Heisman which is the second winner under Coach Edge. Ole Miss graduates 16 Sr’s 5 of which were starters and lost Martin to the draft. A very emotional Coach Edge was sorry he wasn’t able to send them out with a better season in his end of the season press conference. On the bright side the team was made up mostly of Soph ‘s and Jr’s and has two young horses in the stable to step in for Martin next season. Look for Ole Miss to go H.A.M next season!!!!!!!!