Season 5 Recruiting and Scholarships

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by matthew34brown, Feb 15, 2014.

1. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Post em up!

2017 Ohio Bobcats
    [​IMG]
    Offense: Ohio State
    Defense: 4-3
    No hurry up unless 2 min drill
    Scholarships: 70-62=8+15=23

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

[​IMG]
    2017 North Texas
    Offense Oklahoma St
    Defense 3-4
    21 Scholarships

1.:4stars:OLB Josh Smith 6'0" 201 Shoreview, MN #191 (#9 OLB)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  3. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Offense: Auburn

Defense: 3-3-5

Scholarships: 13 SRs+1 Roster spot+2 Buffer +1 untouchable (Heisman) = 17

Do I get the untouchable recruit hornfaninbama bc I know who I want. And 3 of you won't be happy hahahaha

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Yes, you do.

5. hornfaninbama

BPHusker I haven't totaled up Over/Under from last season, but I am reasonably confident you won. That means you have one as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. hornfaninbama

Utah Utes
    70 Players - 16 Seniors + 2 Buffer = 18 Scholarships

4 Filled, 14 Available

[​IMG]
    Name Position Rank Height Weight State Overall
    Ryan Morgan RB #2 RB (#28 Overall) 6'1" 198 pounds Sioux Falls, SD 79 (+3)
    Bradley Cares WR #92 WR (#531 Overall) 6'5" 210 pounds Arnold, MO 79 (+4)
    Eric Penn K #14 Kicker (#1419 Overall) 6' 180 Pounds Niceville, FL 79 (+4)
    Greg Edwards Tackle #27 T (#387 Overall) 6'7" 340 pounds Montebello, CA 77 (+5)
    Jonathan Patterson Athlete (RB/TE) #41 Ath (#224 Overall) 6'1" 241 pounds Santa Clarita, CA 73 (+4)
    Luke Ray Tackle #24 Tackle (#334 Overall) 6'4" 304 pounds Statesville, NC 73 (+1)
    Brandon Jackson Athlete (RB/SS) #40 Ath (#220 Overall) 5'11" 231 pounds Whittier, CA 72 (+2)

Offense: Same as last season
    Defense: Same as last season

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I name the #1 HB Brandon Blair

8. hornfaninbama

• Like Like x 2
  9. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

10. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

I removed him

• Like Like x 1
  11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

LSU Tigers
    [​IMG]

Name Position Rank Height Weight State Overall

70 Players - 18 Seniors + 1 Buffer + 1 Bonus (Over/Under) = 20 Scholarships

Offense: Nebraska
    Defense: 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  12. hornfaninbama

13. hornfaninbama

Utah Gains First Commits

3 Commit During Visit For UCLA

Salt Lake City, UT- Utah gained the first 3 commitments of the season on Saturday following the blowout upset of #10 UCLA. The action on the field was exciting as true freshman Matt Harris led the Utes to a huge win, but after the game during the locker room celebration the real action took place.

Coach Jenkins always likes bringing in groups of recruits together for a few reasons, “I like to bring in several at once because I think they like playing off one another. They can get to know some of the guys they will be around for the next few seasons and anytime you can get a head start building that camaraderie I feel it’s a good thing. And today we got commitments from some great players that I think will help us a lot going forward.” There was an obvious emphasis on offensive players this week with all 3 commits coming from that side of the ball.

Brandon Jackson is projected by most recruiting services to play strong safety, but Utah is looking at him as a running back. The #40 Athlete and #220 player overall is a 4star recruit with great size and speed. He checks in at 5’11” and 231 pounds. And if he plays running back for the Utes he will develop into an excellent power back. He’s not blinding fast (90 speed and 91 acceleration.) But he excels when he gets vertical in the run game; he runs low and behind his pads and that coupled with his size makes him very difficult to bring down (92 trucking, 92 stiff arm.) He isn’t the shiftiest runner (74 spin, 72 juke) but his power is very impressive. He plays safety and running back at Whittier High School and there is a chance Utah moves him to the defensive side of the ball, but all indications are he will be an offensive player.

Jonathan Patterson is another 4 star athlete out of California, and is another player Utah figures to move from his projected position. Patterson is very similar to current Utah tight end Nick Coe, both in size and athletic ability and Coach Jenkins is hoping to develop Patterson into a similar H-Back type role. Patterson is 6’1” 241 pounds and Rivals and Scout have him projected as a running back, he could still end up there for Utah, but there is already lots of depth at that position and Coach Jenkins likes having a tight end that can take short passes and turn them into explosive plays. One reason the coaches would like to make him a tight end is because he is a little slow to play running back out of shotgun formations (83 speed and acceleration) but he catches the ball well (71 catching, 78 catch in traffic, 78 release) the question for him will be his blocking skills (unknown) and overall strength (72.)

The crown jewel of the class so far is another California product out of Montebello, who has the look of a dominant left tackle. Greg Edwards will come in as a very large 6’7” 340 pound 3 star tackle. He has improved a lot as a senior (77 overall up from a 72) and has worked hard to become a well rounded player and not just a road grader (82 pass and run block, 85 impact.) Edwards was at one of last season’s junior days and wowed the coaches with his size and athletic ability, the coaches asked him to work on a few things so they would feel comfortable offering him a scholarship, and he has worked his tail off to show the Utah staff he wants to be able to dominate at the next level.

Utah still has some holes to fill, and over the next few weeks should be able to lock down the majority of players they are targeting. Keep an eye on the Utes the next few weeks, there should be plenty of news on the recruiting front.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hornfaninbama

Utah Inks 4th Commit
    Reaches Into NC For Tackle

Statesville, NC- Utah signed their fourth commitment of the season, and second offensive lineman. In what can be seen as a sign of their national prominence they reached all the way across the country to sign him.

Luke Ray is the #24 tackle and #224 recruit overall, and he chose Utah overan offer from West Virginia. "I wanted to be able to run and pass block in college, and with West Virginia's air raid I knew it would be tough to be well rounded coming out. I think with Utah I will get that opportunity." Ray is a better pass blocker than a run blocker right now, and will likely take a redshirt season to get ready for the rigors of Pac 12 play.

Coach Jenkins said the Utah staff is making an effort to concentrate on offensive linemen this season, "We kind of got away from it last year and I feel that's a bad thing. Typically we want to sign at least one player at each position on the line every season, and we fell down on that goal last year. This year we have committments from Greg Edwards, and Luke Ray, and we have a good chance at signing George Horne. If we can pull in all three of them I feel very confident about where our offensive line is headed and where our offense is headed on the whole. Obviously we can't play all of them at tackle so some of them will be shifted along the offensive line, we'll just have to see where everyone shakes out."

Horne is the #4 tackle in the country out of Nautilus Park, CT and the Utes are currently battling Syracuse, USC, and Missouri for his signature. He will visit Missouri in week 13 and Syracuse in week 14.

Utah still has 14 available scholarships to hand out, there is sure to be more news on the recruiting front soon.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  15. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

It's been another slow recruiting year for me AGAIN with 0 commits

16. hornfaninbama

17. hornfaninbama

Better idea to sign lower rated guys just to fill a class or carry those extra slots to the next season? Next year I'll have 17 to fill.

18. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

USC Trojans
    70 Players - 59 = 11 Scholarsips

1. Preston Murphy **** G, Reno NV Pos #7
    2. Terry Lewis **** T, Hunington Park CA Pos #1
    3. Michael Walker ***** QB, San Carlos, AZ Pos #1
    4. Justin Mayo **** MLB, Bremerton WA Pos #6
    5. Mark Calhoun **** OLB, Columbia SC Pos #1
    6. Joel Walker *** C, Morton Grove IL Pos #18
    7. Patrick Garrett *** G, Danville VA Pos #48

• Like Like x 1
  19. hornfaninbama

I can't remember what he looked like after I scouted him. How'd he turn out?

20. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Dude committed to Arizona out of the blue. I was first on his list one week then 1400 behind the next.

• Like Like x 1