Season 5 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 25, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

post here.....

2. JrRawlins

it is me or is Ole Miss lined up to have a top ranked recruiting class... damn game genie shit...

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Not if I have anything to say about it. [​IMG]

Texas insta-commits 2 guys in week 1. I will not reveal their names until after Lawdog has recruited.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Its amazing how any players that I will probably going up against Texas with, also, Alabama is Number 1 on approximately 1200 players lists.

By the way, whoever hooked me up with an avatar, thanks.

Sincerely,

OMlawdog, Coach of the 2013 BCS National Champions.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This class could either be a breakthrough for Wake or total disappointment. We added South Carolina as a pipeline, which gives us the whole south east coast to peruse for recruits.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't have even told him that much...

7. Bondzai

Since there are about 2,491 recruits that are interested in both of us, I figured it was ok.

8. OMlawdog

This is going to be interesting, I've never had close to 24 spots open in one year. I have a ton of guys interested, but if you screw around and try and go 30 minutes here and 30 minutes here, you end up signing a BBJ class from last year, and I think we can all agree, that no one wants something like that.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Luckily I have a semi-small class this year. So I can go after some of the studs. Wish that would have been the case last year, but no studs were interested.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think I am goin up against Ole Miss in all but 1 or 2 of my guys... I was on a ton of 4* and even a few 5* lists, But I was #9 or 10 on many of them with 3-4 other users ahead of me, so I stayed away. There are a few amazing looking recruits I have on my short list though that I will be excited if I can sign. The bump to 5* prestige has opened up the door.

11. JrRawlins

I only have 13 scholarships available this year, with no REAL NEEDS...i am goin after the big recruits... 3 stars guys here i come...

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, Virginia will still be recruiting mainly 3 stars-- just trying to build up a base of players. Maybe try to land 1 or 2 4*'s somehow.

Week 1 commits for the Cavs:
    :3stars: T Ryan Reed - 6'7 300 out of Pulaski, Virginia. Reed will need to get into the weightroom asap, but could make for a decent pass blocking T. If nothing else he is huge in stature.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

no no no you don't want that....Yeah Rob Williams 3 star punter Prize recruit...Grabbed a 4 star offseason WR thinking yeah finally something good then lawdog's gamie genie was like "lol just fucking with you he's actually a 2 star talent Bitch".

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I did get a insta-committ from a :4stars:G...

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

didn't want to start a thread...
    • is a JR that has won the Heisman
    • is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Wilson could jump up to 90 with inseason progression. is it if he won a award during his career or if he won a award during the year he is leaving?

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I would interpret it as during the year they are leaving.

17. OMlawdog

By
    By the reading of the rules, if he has won a major award (Thorpe) and is 90 or above, you can't talk him back. So the answer would be no.

Its only fair, if you had a two time thorpe winner that finishes 2nd his Junior year, and declares, there is no way you could talk him back.

Plus, the fine print to that rule, is that if it is any player on Mizzou or Boston College, and it is a close call, they are not allowed to be talked back. So based on both of those rules, the answer is definitely no.

18. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Pretty sure every recruit I have on my list has Ole Miss too.

I was hoping to get another stud at DB, but none are interested in me, and I don't feel like wasting time on trying to get someone interested in me, only to have him commit elsewhere.

19. JrRawlins

i always thought it was if they won a major award we couldnt talk them back....

20. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Picked up FLA & LA as pipeline states, will be focusing on getting QB to succed Perry. If we get one this year he will start immediatley next year. DL will be a priority this year along improving the overall depth of the Bears.

21. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I added Texas as a pipeline, so hopefully that will help with some recruits.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I picked up South Carolina as a pipeline. So pack your bags, Sanders.

23. Bondzai

[​IMG]

24. JrRawlins

picked up Colorado and Oklahoma as pipeline states.....

25. OMlawdog

Ole Miss landed its first insta commit in three seasons. He will be a 3 year starter on the OL.

He is from the great state of Texas, Mr. Greg Brown. Some other school named Texas University finished a distant second for his services. Apparently Coach Bondzai spent some time with Greg Brown, but he wasn't buying. This :4stars: OG decided to cast his lot with the Ole Miss Rebels.

1 Down, 22 left to go.