Season 5 Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Season 5 Recruiting

Holy Crap this class is loaded with talent. Probably going to be a good year for most everybody.

Especially TAMU... :cool:

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This class would be good when I only have 9 schollys available.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't have a lot either. Which is why I'm willing to spend 20 hours a week until I sign QB Kris Hughes.

He will be an Aggie.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

He is the elephant in the room for sure...

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This class is decent, I guess. For the positions I need to bolster, they are very meh for my liking.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Of course the year i finnally need a WR, the WR depth sucks total balls, and everyone will be fighting for 3 wr's....DAMN.... Kris Hughes = BEAST....

somehow PennState has the top 5 strong safeties interested in them.... and Every QB in the top 10 is interested in Texas A&M... bastids....
    the only true need i have besides WR is at Linebacker, as i will be having a couple of backers graduate this year...

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I figure the Kris Hughes recruitment could be very interesting, or quite boring.

I hate the idea of spending 3 hours on a guy that probably won't be coming to UCLA.

He is the best looking regular season recruit I have seen.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't care if he's the only recruit on my board or that I even sign this year. I don't have any needs, really and only a handful of scholarships.

9. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

So you are saying it was a waste for Nebraska, who isn't even on his list, to have offered him a scholly?

OM is right he could be the best overall recruit in this dynasty, and he isn't even the #1 QB in this class. Crazy.

10. OMlawdog

UCLA got their first commit of the season, honestly I don't remember who it was from, except that it was a cornerback.

The recruiting battles this year will be intense.

11. Muttcope

Somebody wet their pants tonight, I could hear the screams all the way from Texas here in North Dakota.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    :5stars: QB Kris Hughes PS#3 has committed to play football for Texas A&M University.

College Station (AP) - One of the most highly touted recruits was coincidentally one of the first to sign yesterday when San Antonio product Kris Hughes gave his verbal pledge to Coach Drifter at Texas A&M. "Some people are probably shocked that I chose to end my recruiting process so early, but I think that it was just a good fit for me." says Hughes after Monday practice when reporters were able to catch up with him. "I had an unofficial visit during the summer to College Station and I really liked what I saw. The 7-on-7 state championships were a blast and that is when I received my offer from coach Drifter, but my recruitment actually started in the spring when I attended a football camp here. I met with the coaches and the new passing coordinator and we talked about how A&M was tweaking the philosophy and I thought it fit my style."

Comparisons to Heisman winner Tim Tebow have been stewing since Hughes grew into that body type. At 6'2'' 215 with uncharted agility and a good arm, it's no wonder people measure him up to some of the best that have played. Coach Drifter has already started making plans to incorporate some more plays into his offense to take advantage of Hughes strengths, which means that he could likely contribute right away.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Wow. I thought his recruitment would drag out! Congrats on signing him Drifter, mission accomplished for you.

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Wow, that didn't take long.

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

that was quick.

i feel like a total nerd wanting to have my 360 with me to check the recruiting.

16. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Damn, nice work. Not looking forward to playing this guy. So I guess EA is going to put a "Tebow clone" every 4 classes? (McCoy,Hughes) Hope the next one is from Eugene, but I'm not going to hold my breath haha.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That's what it looks like so far.

I'm excited to use him.

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There has been a lot of big signings that no one has said anything about...

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

OREGON DUCKS RECRUITING BOARD
    Column 1
    Position PS/NR Name Caliber Ht Wt 40
    ATH #1/#8 Jay Baker :5stars: 6'1" 181 4.38

Not crazy about this signing to be honest. Baker projects to be a CB, and a good one, A- speed, B+ zone and Man coverage. The problem is Im already loaded at CB, and he is a JUCO transfer. I'm one more Jr JUCO from never signing another one. I may try to slide him in at WR if his rating is anywhere close ot where he is at CB.

20. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

The Nittany Lions have their first recruit of the season. Kevin Sanders, the #3 recruit in the country has signed up to play for PSU. Lots of potential for PSU this year on the recruiting list, big things happening for the Nittany Lions... hopefully. Five user games this year could put a damper on the season and a cast of full of "potential" all stars will surely see us fall from this #4 rating soon.

Column 1
    Position PS/NR Name Caliber Ht Wt Bench
    C #1/#3 K. Sanders :5stars: 5'11" 302 432

21. Muttcope

Signed the #9 WR Corey Harris. He has great hops and fits in the Husker mold of WR big and physical.

Made some inroads on an ATH Lawdog......You aren't going to get him that easily.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The Aggies made another huge signing this week that had a few users going after him hard.

Unfortunately, the press secretary for the Texas A&M athletic department hasn't released any information to the public.

23. JrRawlins

Virginia picked up their first instant commit in Week 1......

Louis Roberts a :4stars: DT 6'4 283 pounds, a kid who wanted to be close to home might not start immediately but definitely should contribute...

24. JrRawlins

damn, damn, damn....... i just realized i lost California as a pipeline state..... shit...

25. OMlawdog

This is the weirdest recruiting season I've ever had. I backed off a player that is going to be a stud, because I have three freshman that will all be really good players, and I just cant put in the time necessary to land the guy.

I have been interested in several players only to see them go elsewhere, my two biggest needs are DE and WR, and those are the two worst positions in this year's crop of players. They are terrible. I backed off a 4 star DE because his ratings just look worst than a 3 star DE that I found, and at the end of the day you have to look at ratings and not stars.

It looks like this year there are quite a few battles for TE's all across the board. I have 3 or 4 TE's on my board, but honestly I don't know who to go after.

I haven't been this flustered at recruiting in a long time.