Season 5 Scores (2013)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Muttcope, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Season 5 Scores (2013)

#15 Rutgers 14
    #24 Nebraska 31

The Blackshirts are back. The defense leads the way in the victory as RSFR DE Will McQueen gets 7 tackles and 2 sacks to lead the defense. On the other side of the line SR DE Jason Ankrah has 6 tackles 3 TFL and 1 sack. Paris Pierce had 13 carries for 117 yards, while Ray Rowe had 12 carries for 75 yards.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: Rice @ Missouri

Rice: 17
    Missouri: 34

Alot closer than the final score says. We didn't pull away until the 4th quarter. Really worried about this team. A total of 10 dropped passes, my starting HB struggled, my oline gave up 4 sacks & we were in the redzone 7 times & only came away with 2 TDs & 2 FGs. Also will be changing my punter to my kicker. My FR K would get full power & the wind with us going 12 mph & would only get it to the 20 yd line. Got to get some practice time in b4 the next game against Penn State.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That may have just been one of those EA games JK. 10 drops certainly sounds like it. Get 'em straightened out

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

vt: 55
    hawaii: 45

what a weird game.

Hawaii had 525 passing yards, I had no answer.

Total Offense
    VT: 520
    Hawaii: 524

passing ... ryan moore (r-fr): 19-34, 349, 6 TDs, 1 INT
    rushing ... vince downs (r-so): 29-114, 1 TD
    receiving ... DJ Coles (r-SR): 8-201, 4 TDs

They actually had the ball down 3 in the fourth quarter. Those bums would never die!

5. theSANDMAN215

I'll be gone until Monday (11-9). I got my week 1 game in. If possible, could we wait to advance again until after Monday?

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    psshshshshshshsh

Are you seriously asking us to not advance??

pffft, this guy...

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Georgia 52
    Oregon State 20

Murray hit 7 different WR in the new Bulldog offense throwing for 200+ yrds and 4 TD's. Atkins came out strong with over 100 yrds and a TD, but the bulldogs will continue their RBC approach...

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Shit, we'll be on week 4 by Monday.

9. theSANDMAN215

you can advance the first week ... but after that, I say we wait until Monday (y)

10. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

HAHA wait till Monday??? I was given a matter of hours to try and save the great hope for PSU football.... simmed. I lost Galloway and now its going to be a tough year.... maybe you'll get lucky and the user game will somehow get delayed till Monday.... doubt it!!

11. Bondzai

Week 1

Minnesota: 24
    #20 GTech: 34

The Yellow Jackets started out the season showing everyone that they are going to RUN THE BALL.

Rushing Stats:
    Name ATT YDS AVG TD
    Jordan Luallen 24 185 7.7 3
    TJ Hodge 21 95 4.5 1
    Orwin Smith 7 28 4.0 0
    Jerry Jones 7 26 3.7 0

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im sure Drifter will be happy to make all accomodations for you Sand.

Hell he may implement a 12 hour advance rule while you are gone.

13. theSANDMAN215

we'd have to advance twice. I already played my week 1 game. just askin not to advance pass week 2 till monday.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

#6 FSU - 34
    Boise St. - 10

New offense with a SO(RS) quarterback running things means some growing pains. Luckily we have two stud running backs to anchor things while Moore learns the ropes. Moore was 9-21, approx 150 yards, 2 TD and 2 INT. He was sacked four times, and the wide receivers had 3 big drops. The running backs we have alluded to are Lonnie Pryor and Chris Thompson, both seniors. Pryor went for 293 yards and 2 TD on 31 carries, while Thompson (primarily a kick returner but will definitely get carries) went for 47 yards on 6 carries (I think). Stud JR(RS) MLB Eugene Holloway (108 tackles last year) contributed with 10 tackles on defense.

Up next: Nebraska at home.

15. OMlawdog

Sand, I forgot who did you beat in the national title game?

I can't seem to remember, but I bet whoever it you beat sure does remember.

The payback begins now.

16. Bondzai

I think I overheard Drifter talking about a marathon weekend of gaming. We all get in on the party chat while knocking out our games and talking shit about Virginia Tech. We'll probably almost be to the bowl games by the time Sanders gets back. Good times.

17. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#7 Oregon 66
    Louisville 14

Oregon pounds out 380 yards on the ground and 6 TD's stomping UL on the road, led by David Lawrence who totaled 230 yards on only 23 carries before being pulled near the end of the 3rd quarter. We got our first look at JUCO star Cortez Carter who comes in as a true Jr and tallied 41 yards on 9 carries and a score. The Defense was the real story hear, RS Jr LOLB Tyler Holland picked up where he left off with 16 tackles a sack and a forced fumble. It was a little unclear who would man the other OLB position going into the game but those questions where answer quick by Soph. LB Michael Cox, who netted 8 tackles, a sack and an int, very impressive debut by the 6'5" linebacker. Next week we welcome the Georgia Bulldogs to Eugene, should be a good one.

18. OMlawdog

Ucla - 45
    Boston college - 20

Somewhat sloppy game and Moreis went down with an injury on pass play this time, and stopped himself from having a great game. The guy I really enjoyed playing with was rs frosh Sam Jones, a 6'5" 190lb ss that looks like he is going to be a player.

I got to use joe McCoy for the first time and he looks like he will be a big contributor.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas A&M 48, TCU 21

Two late scores by TCU makes this one look closer than it was.

My freaking internet has been going haywire. It disconnected and reconnected twice during my game, luckily I was able to upload the results afterward.

Still don't know the identity of this team, will take a few weeks to figure out probably.

20. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1 at Virginia
    USC 17 - Virginia 27

What can I say, JR owns me. I was up at the half 17-10 and then shit the bed scoring zero in the 2nd half. My season is done, make room Bondzai.

21. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

#21 Nebraska 24
    #5 FSU 17

Nebraska goes into Doak Campbell and escapes with the W. The offense did just enough to win this game, while the defense played out of their minds. Paul Matthews came away with the biggest play of his career as he intercepted FSU's QB on a zone blitz at the 15 yard line, and returned it for 50 yards. The rain in this game really effected both offenses as they were both fumble prone, and interception plagued.

POTG: Jason Ankah SR DE 9 Tackles 3 TFL 2 Sacks. He was in the FSU backfield on almost every play limiting the FSU rushing attack 24-53-1.

GG Basis, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team make a run in the SEC.

EDIT: I did have one situation come up that i want to be up front about, and get some opinion on. I had the ball on FSU's 32 yard line with with the score 17-10, and there were 5:30 left. It was 4th down and 10, and I stopped the game to ask Basis if he was okay with me going for it. My K in no way shape or form make a 49 yard FG. As you guys know that play me he can barely reach the 20 yard line on KO's. I knew if i punted i would only net 12 yards, so i decided to go for it. I am looking for input on this to see if this was an okay decision or was i completly out of line asking to go for it? I dont want to give the results of the play to skew the answers that may come. You cant be results orientated when looking at these decision IMO. Thanks.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I don't have a problem with it as long as you know going in..Kickers with poor power already have a problem add in the rain their range is even lower.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think going for it their is a realistic coaching decision. The only thing I ask is that you let your opponent know so that he isn't caught off gaurd for whatever reason.

24. theSANDMAN215

It seems fine to me. In real life I could easily see a coach going for it in that same situation.

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It was a good game for sure. I could not get the running game going at all. The way Mutt's defense played made it seem like they were in my huddle with me! Some more growing pains for a SO(RS) quarterback, but he played pretty well actually. I am pretty sure I agree with you about the rain Mutt, but I would like to point out that a fumble for each of us were caused by user hit sticks, and we each threw a red-zone interception. That Matthews play will haunt my dreams until Season 6, hah! Had the tight end wide open in the end zone, and Matthews comes out of nowhere for the amazing pick. That kid can play. I knocked Ham out for 2 quarters and knew if I was going to win I was going to have to get the lead with him off the field, and that didn't happen.

The only disappointing thing for me in this game is how my guys responded to pressure. They got blown up on outside running plays on defense, and on offense we couldn't block anyone to make a hole for our stud running backs. My QB played pretty well, but when you don't control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball, you will not win. Lot's of sled time and dog-eat-dog this week. Gotta get these kids blocking and getting after the quarterback/running backs before the gauntlet of @ VT, vs. UGA, vs. GT.

GG again Mutt.