Season 5 Scores and Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by QBKILLAR, Oct 18, 2011.

1. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

MSU 31
    WSU 21

First off let me say good game to twitterthat1. Another quality game with him and now our series is tied 1-1.

Washington State Tries to Bully the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs were very stunned when WSU came out swiinging early with some smashmouth football. After holding MSU to a 3 and out their first play from scrimmage went for a 65 yard TD run by Jed Sullivan. On the pursuing kickoff they again force Ms State to punt and the defensive struggle began. Coach QBKILLAR was determined to run the ball on the Cougars but they held strong again and again.

After seeing that the run game just wasnt being productive the MSU offense took to the air. Once to be stopped in the red zone and settle for a field goal and again connecting for a 56 yard TD pass to T. Calhoun to go up 10-7.

But the Cougars were not done yet as again they go to the ground and break off a 71 yard TD against a stunned Ms. State defensive line. Going up 14-10 with a little over a minute to go in the second quater. But the offensive coordinator for MSU was no going to lay down and after keeping it on the ground for a few plays trying to get coach Twitterthat1 that he was satisfied going in down by 4 connects with another long ball to Calhoun scoring on a 69 yard TD pass.

On the pursuing kickoff the Bulldog D comes up big with a pic in WSU territory and takes advantage on a 10 yard TD pass to Fosselman with just 1 tic left on the clock and the Bulldogs go into the half with a 24-14 lead.

The second half was a defensive struggle seeing turnovers from both teams. A fumble from Ms. State QB M. Wade and a pair of interceptions going agains the WSU.

Stat Leaders
    MSU
    D. Prescott 8-14 244 yards 3 TD's 0 Pics
    IB Tanker 11 carries for 40 yards
    T Calhoun 6 Catches for 218 yards

WSU
    D Thomas 10-21 121 yards, 1 TD, 3 Pics
    Chester Su a 9 carries for 128 yards 1 TD
    Chester Su a 2 catches for 44 yards

Time of possesion
    MSU 14:17 WSU 9:43

• Like Like x 2
  2. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

great game man.. Pass Coverage is a bummer.. One missed time click of the controller and it leads to 14 unanswered points. -_-.. This could be a terrible season..

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Nebraska - 59
    Colorado - 67

In a rivalry game that hadn't been played in 4 years, these two 1990 powerhouses played again in 2015. Nebraska started fast, outscoring Colorado 24-7 in the first quarter. Colorado came back though, with two interceptions, and a couple long runs by both Malcolm Greer and Nick Herron. Colorado took the lead 28-24. After numerous back and forth scoring by both teams, they went into OT, where they traded scores for back to back OTs, even after Nebraska had to convert a 4th and 18. In the third overtime, Rashad Hall took a touchdown in from 1 yard, and Colorado converted the 2 pt conversion. The defense finally stepped up and shut down Nebraska, and Colorado won the upset.

CU Stats:
    Stevie Dorman: 10/16 120 yards, 2 Ints
    Malcolm Greer: 18 carries, 254 yards, 4 TDs (3 tds of over 60 yards)
    Nick Herron: 19 Carries, 203 yards, 3 TD
    Rashad Hall: 3 Carries, -1 yards, 2 TDs

• Like Like x 1
  4. QBKILLAR

^^ Nice win makin.

5. derek

derek Walk On

gg to twitter. couple of big plays towards the end of the first half made the difference other than that it could have been a different game.
    I did get a pretty sweet user dive at the 5 yard line. I saved he highlight but have no idea how to post it. May not be worth all the trouble but it was my first user dive in an actual user game.

6. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Just a terrible season.. Won 63-7, then the game froze.. Smh it's always something.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Cincinatti 7
    Boise State 12

Probably the only game I have lost in NCAA 12 without allowing a TD. My offense is pathetic.

8. pnc

pnc Walk On

coach PNC got back just in time for a tough task traveling to #9 Michigan St. and trying to come away with a win.

Game got off to a rough start for the Wildcats as they were forced to punt, then watched as the Spartans drove right down the field for an early 7-0 lead. The Spartans dominated the first period but the wildcats caught a break late by catching the defense in a blitz and connecting over the top for a 31 yard td pass. 7-7 end 1st. Kentucky took over mid second with a 52 yard field goal and a 37 yard interception return. 17-7 late second. Michigan state got going in the 2-minute offense driving for a late 19 yard td pass. 17-14 wildcats at half. The defense stepped up from there as there was no scoring until the wildcats nailed a 21 yard field goal with 4 minutes left in the game. 20-14 mid fourth. The Spartans put together a great drive getting down inside my ten with under a minute left in the game. Then Wildcat safety Jones made the play of the game by stepping in front of a pass, in the endzone, to make the pick. With 30 seconds left HB Johnson broke off a long 74 yard td run to put the wildcats up 26-14. the two point try failed on a pass thrown wide and out of bounds. the spartans werent done however, as they drove quickly scoring a td with 6 seconds left. a failed two point conversion left the score at 26-20. The wildcats recovered the onside kick and knelled for the upset win 26-20. great game rockchalk.

STATS

wildcats

QB Smith 9 of 19 163 yards 1 td 3 picks
    HB Johnson 12 carries 111 yards 1 td(74 yards) player of game
    TE Wilson 2/60
    WR Evans 2/41 1 td
    OLB Howard 6 tackles 1 pick
    SS Jones 4 tackles 1 pick
    DE Lawson 4 tackles 1 sack

Spartans

QB Mann 23 of 35 326 yards 3 tds 2 picks
    Owens 5/90 1 td
    Williamson 4/67 1 td
    Garcia 1/23 1 td
    Defense 3 picks 1 sack

9. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Colorado - 23
    USC - 33

USC scored 27 straight points in the 2nd half, and I saw it coming the whole time. I threw, wait for it, 6 picks in the game.

10. pnc

pnc Walk On

kentucky 10
    Arkansas 0

Ugly game with great defense and sorry offense. defenses combined for 8 interceptions and 6 sacks. Kentucky allowed only 5 first downs and 117 total yards. The wildcats had 15 first downs and 227 yards while throwing 4 picks. A win is a win but this was ugly and definitely wont help in the polls.

11. pnc

pnc Walk On

kentucky 29
    georgia 24

I got lucky. I picked off the bulldogs qb 6 times and scored 20 points off the turnovers. they had the better team but there senior qb keep throwing into coverage. The wildcats improved to 6-2 with a big game next week against #1 Mississippi St. coming next.

12. QBKILLAR

^^ Yeah I'm not real happy knowing I'm #1 and have to go through Kentucky twice to make it to a championship game. Not sure I'll be able to play tonight because of the kids and halloween but we will have to battle in sometime in the next couple of days.

Good luck to you.

13. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

...GO WILDCATS!

14. QBKILLAR

Ms. State "Escapes" Kentucky
    Bulldogs Kick 48 yard fg while iced to keep the dream alive.

Good game to PNC.

Ms. State looked a little shaken when the opening kickoff was returned 100 yards for a TD. This left coach QBKILLAR standing on the sidelines wondering if this is where the dream ends. Then on the Bulldog pursuing drive they are forced to punt. Kentucky again goes to work driving 65 yards only to see the drive end by throwing a pick in the endzone.
    After a short pep talk from Coach QB the scrappy Bulldog team went to work. The pick left Ms. State on their own 3 yardline. Ms. State sticking true to their roots went to the running game which saw Tanker break off a 64 yard run and land them in Wildcat territory. This drive was eventually capped off by a Ruffus Warren 2 yard TD run knotting things up at 7. The rest of the half both teams started throwing haymakers at each other like an 82 yard TD pass from Kentucky and an 84 yard TD pass from the Bulldogs. Going into the half the score was 28-21 in the Wildcats favor.
    The second half was not much different. Lots of offense from both sides and the score was once again dead locked at 38 when Ms. State got the ball back with less than two minutes left to go in the game. Not wanting to throw a pick the Bulldogs once again went to the ground in a hurry up offense mixing up inside and outside runs to get to the Kentucky 35 where they called a TO with 1 second left on the clock. Kentucky wisely calls a TO to ice the kicker but to no avail as D. Henderson knocks down a 48 yard FG to win the game and move the Bulldogs to 9-0 and hopefully keep them in the #1 spot in the BCS.

15. derek

derek Walk On

lol. Nice recap

16. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

This game is full of it or maybe its just the way Baylor is supposed to be every year...I was down 59 to 20 in the 4th and only lost 66 to 56. Texas Tech's defense played like LSU and Alabama made a dream team and their offense played like they were being controlled by a user named Mike Leach. My defense couldnt catch any breaks, my LBs looked at the RB run by and Tech's WRs could catch everything but AIDS, no matter how many defenders were on them. And then out of no where I could throw any pass I wanted and my receivers could catch anything. I just don't know what to do with this game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am just lucky I havnt broken my TV yet.

18. QBKILLAR

I'm 100% with you Cam. Just seems like every so often the CPU decides your gonna lose a game and there is nothing you can do about it. Florida put me down last year. It was the 1st time I had lost to the CPU in this dynasty and I was hot. Haha.

19. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 33
    Vanderbilt 23

The Wildcats build a 27-6 lead early third, then watch the punchless vandy offense drive up snd down the field for 17 straight points cutting the lead to 27-23. The wildcats, finally steading the game, kicked a field goal to increase the lead to 30-23. Vandy starting driving again and made it to my 19 before SS Jones picked the Vandy QB off in the end zone. A late field goal finished the scoring off as the wildcats held on for a 33-23 win. Coach PNC, knowing one more loss will cost them the chance at a rematch with Mississippi State, was furious after the game yelling and throwing his gameplan. You cant play like that next week and beat Alabama. Practice this week should be intense.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

After a 1-3 start, Cincinnati has rebounded with 4 straight wins.

Week 6: W 34-14 vs Miami

Week 7: W 42-3 at Pittsburgh

Week 10: W 34-10 at Rutgers

Week 11: W 27-0 at South Florida

Week 12 vs West Virginia

Week 13 at Syracuse

Week 14 vs Louisville

Week 15 vs Connecticut

The offense has gone primarily through the run game. JR HB Brian Williams is the bruiser and he has seen the bulk of the carries. He leads the team with 919 yards rushing and 9 touchdowns. SR speedster Abernathy has provided the change of pace. He has produced 516 yards rushing and 8 scores on the ground. The rushing attack has more yards than the very sad Cincinnati passing attack. Starting QB Patrick Coyne has just 955 yards on the season and he has more picks (8) than passing touchdowns (4).

The defense has been solid for most of the season. The team has not allowed more than 14 points since week 4. The defense doesn't generate a ton of turnovers but they but they have been solid at slowing down the opposing offense. DT Brandon Mitchell leads the team with 14 tackles for a loss, followed by defensive end Marcus Stevenson. Mitchell also leads the team with 7 sacks. In the secondary Craig Johnson leads the way with 4 picks and he also recovered a fumble.

The toughest remaining game on the schedule is this week against West Virginia. The winner of that game will likely win the Big East. Cincinnati has home field advantage but West Virginia has a huge advantage in roster talent.

21. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

I beat Oklahoma State 41-38 in OT with and epic diving catch by my TE off of play action. ONLY to get back to the dynasty home to have a transfer fail. This game is getting dangerously close to becoming trade in material towards MW3.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My C+ defense has played out of their minds this season in both user games but my B offense is just terrible. I now have 2 losses on the season where my opponents (CPU Boise State and user West Virginia) scored a combined 19 points.

23. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 34
    Alabama 6

This is a funny game. I struggle to put away vandy, while i dominate bama. This game was never close as the wildcats forced two first qtr. turnovers on the way to building a 21-0 lead and it was 24-3 at half. After a bama field goal cut the lead to 24-6 the wildcats added the last 10 points to win 34-6.

STATS

QB Smith 5 of 9 112 yards 2 tds 1 pick
    HB Manning 30 carries 122 yards 2 tds
    WR Wilson 2/55 1 td
    WR Cunningham 1/16 1 td
    DE Lawson 4 tackles 2 sacks
    DT Arnold 5 tackles 2.5 sacks
    MLB Wynn 6 tackles 0.5 sacks

24. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

We're going to have quite the finish this year. I'm starting to feel like I did in NCAA 11 though :(

#1 Defense (giving up <5 points a game, 9 games without giving up a TD)
    Best Passing QB (highest passer rating in the country)
    Best Player/RB (#1 on the Heisman Watch, but in a dogfight with Odemwingie, who is taking dumps on the Big 12)
    Best Scoring Offense (in a dogfight with Kansas, credit where its due)
    Closest game - Won by 20 in a tough away environment
    BCS....#3?

[​IMG]

Baylor and Kentucky...please play your best football in the coming weeks, I believe in you! Of course, I need to handle my end of the bargain, but I hate sitting and watching for a spot in the BCSNC >_<

25. derek

derek Walk On

Wow. I drop to #6 behind a 2 loss team? No respect.