Season 5 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by theSANDMAN215, Oct 25, 2010.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Yup

2. theSANDMAN215

I just had a disc-read error? What the crap, I was up 7-3 in the 2nd and playing well.

I have the game downloaded as well, I don't understand.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im starting to think your XBOX may have a probem. You're having more problems than most. Hope that isn't the case, but that is my initial thought.

4. theSANDMAN215

You think I should send it in to get it fixed? Last time I did that I just bought one from Wal-Mart then returned it once mine was fixed.

5. OMlawdog

I have no idea. It just seems you are having more problems than most. A disc read error on a fairly clean disc seems like an XBOX issue.

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Sanders I'm not sure what ur funds look like, but you might want to just invest in the new XBOX for $200.00. I believe you can trade your old XBOX in for $100 dollars @ Gamestop. If you do go this route just make sure you take your hard drive out of your old XBOX to kuse on your new one.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the new xbox has a different harddrive and it has more space....if you have alot of shit you have saved that you don't want to lose you can by a thing to move it over..

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 38
    Cuse 8

Mitchell went down for the game after getting sacked for a safety in the 1st qtr. Didn't need him anyway as the defense played very well espeacially in the redzone where we had 2 ints returned for 100+yrd pick 6's(Wilson and Thomas). Hancock came in had played game manager and was helped out by Harris who took a screen 64 yrds for a TD. Hancock also added a TD after being flustered out of the pocket ran it for 31 yrds and diving under a tackle for a score. Was a little surprised with Harris having trouble running the ball and didn't care for Washington fumbling the ball twice. Washington did make it up a little when he made a really nice run for a 30+ yrd TD.

9. theSANDMAN215

South Carolina: 27
    #25 Iowa: 13

Great game for the Cocks. I would have liked a better passing game from transfer Nash Nance at QB, but it'll be OK if we can continue to get a solid running game going. I'm going to have to find more carries for my backup running back Nick Gilbert as he had a solid game. The defense played outstanding. For the first game of the season, I could not ask for more.

Next Game: vs. Wake Forest (Drifter)

[​IMG]

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Way Overrated #20 Duke - 42
    UConn - 24

Well, you can tell it is a new era in Durham. New quarterback Brandon Connette had an odd day, throwing 3 interceptions, but still having a passer rating > 200. The rushing game was decent, split among three backs. The defense gave up a ton of yards, but picked off four interceptions and that was the difference. New Blue Devil Mickey Smith (JUCO Jr) did not let me down in regards to my initial assessment. The slow giraffe had a HUGE day with 7 catches for 200 yards and 2 touchdowns. He is going to be a hard matchup for a lot of teams.

Next week Texas should stomp a mud hole in the Blue Devils in Texas.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 62
    S Miss - 35

Started off a quick 14-0 off 2 long runs by Griffin, one an 82 yard scamper. Offense then slowed down, had a few picks and let them get back in it. We went back and forth with the score 42-28 half. My D finally stepped up after geting burned on some passes earlier and caused a couple turnovers. New Qb starter Griffin had 365 yards and 4 tds in the air. Sour note is I lost my 81 ovr starting Soph left end for 8 weeks

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Virginia 35
    Pitt 21

Stat of the game for Virginia would be holding Pitt to just 27 yards rushing on 24 attempts. The Cav's three headed monster at LB (sophomore Chris Powers, junior JJ Little, and senior Henry Coley) played exceptional. Coley led the team with 10 tackles, with 1 TFL, 3 PD's, and 1 INT. JJ Little tacked on 8 stops, with 1 TFL. Chris Powers rounded off the trifecta with 5 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 INT. LE Christopher Brathwaite and DT Avery Leak each added a sack as well.

Offensively the Cav's got a great balanced performance. New QB Taylor Graham went a modest 9-21 for 232 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. Sophomore Blake Matthews added 145 yards on the ground on 19 carries, plus 2 TD's. GA Tech transfer Deon Hill tallied 59 yards on 8 carries and 2 TD's as well. Both Hill and Matthews showed big play ability with 65 and 35 yard runs respectively. Junior wideout Greg Williams notched 107 yards in the air on 5 catches, junior Wesley Battle grabbed 3 balls for 71 yards, and RB Blake Matthews took a wheel route 54 yards on his only catch.

The Cavaliers take on UCLA at home next week.

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wake Forest 20, Vanderbilt 17

So QB Titus Blanks play well enough in his first start to get the W. Hb Dustin Peterson pounded away for over 100 yards on the ground. Their 75 OVR HB ran all over and around me. Fucking no huddle teams.

Would have liked to win that more reassuringly, but with a lot of new faces on defense, I guess I'll take it.

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

ECU: 0
    #8 Texas: 49

Running and defense was the name of the game. Texas was on cruise control in this game. We were just getting warmed up for the big revenge game against Duke.

Passing:
    Willie Marshall - 12/23, 196 yds, 2 td

Rushing:
    Jerry Bryant - 27 att, 148 yds, 2 td
    Traylon Shead - 10 att, 63 yds, 2 td
    Thurmon Greenwood - 3 att, 107 yds, 1 td

Receiving:
    Jeff Henderson - 3 rec, 67 yds, 1 td
    Shawn Wright - 3 rec, 40 yds
    Paul Brigham - 2 rec, 33 yds

Defense:
    4 sacks

15. OMlawdog

Ole Miss - 56
    Memphis - 0

I left this game on my schedule because I hate Memphis and after the first quarter I realized that they were FCS level bad. I have no idea how good or bad my team is, Vernon Wright looked fast against Memphis, but Im pretty sure any player would look fast against Memphis. Vernon Wright looks like he could be really good.

16. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

HAHAHA... I can finally visit the site during work hours something must have changed at work.

Baylor 36
    FIU 16

Baylor gets their 1st win under Coach Mutt, and he was extremely happy with the way his team played. There will still be growing pains this year, but the Bears will be looking for 5-6 win season this year. The Bears had problems holding on to the ball, and turned to their 4th sting RB and he provided the spark needed. He has vaulted up the depth chart as long as his injury doesn't keep him out too long. Next week the Bears play the Wildcats from Kentucky.

When i get home tonight will post somemore stats

17. theSANDMAN215

SEC Represent ...

18. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 1 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 14 14 20 17 0 65

[​IMG] 3 7 0 7 0 17

The Wildcats offense went wild in this one....

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Jason McGee 10 5 194 2 0
    Eric Sullivan 13 7 141 2 0

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Maurice Hill 8 137 2 66
    Spencer Ware 14 98 2 14
    Alex Jackson 8 41 0 12

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Jamey McDaniel 4 160 3 75
    Troy Christensen 4 92 1 30
    Andrew Larsen 3 65 0 37

19. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#20 Duke: 45
    #7 Texas: 38

I'm so pissed right now. It was tied at 38 with 1:08 left in the game and all I had to do was get in field goal range for the win. What did I do on the first play? I threw a fucking interception on a dumbass throw that I knew was going to be picked the minute I hit the button.

GG Shaun, that offense is pretty ridiculous.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Freaking Duke!

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't know how I managed to pull that off. I thought going in I was going to get rolled...my C/C/C team against your B+/A+/B+ juggernaut.

The game opened up with me taking the initial kickoff. Maybe 3 or 4 plays into the drive I found a streaking Mickey Smith wide open for a 69 yard TD. Bondzai comes out and runs the ball down my throat, ending a quick drive with a 37 yard monster run by Jerry Bryant. My offense sputters on the next drive (threw into the teeth of your secondary) and I have to punt...now I'm thinking...I am royally screwed here. Did I mention he injures my running back? Anywho, Texas motors down the field and scores again...same freaking dude from 5 yards out. Now it is 14-7 and Texas has the momentum.

I get the ball back and drive down...I'm passing the ball pretty well and I end up in 3rd and 1...and he stuffs the run. So, I kick a field goal. In the first half, I had like 10 yards rushing on 12 attempts. I gave up early in the second half even trying to run. Texas comes back and goes down the field with ease, but I manage to hold them to a field goal. 17-10 and that is how it stays through the rest of the half. I threw a pick, he punted, yada yada.

The second half is where he starts laying the lumber. He takes two minutes to get down to the goal line, then throws a BEAUTIFUL fade to the TE for the score to make it 24-10. At this point, I am considering letting my daughter play. I get the ball and grind the ball back down the field, giving the ball to third string HB Brandon Williams for the score. Back to 24-17, maybe all is not lost. Texas comes out and I am getting desperate to stop his offense...so I start mixing up coverages on him. He responses by throwing an interception. A few plays later and Williams again (3rd string!) takes the ball to the house from 29 yards out to make it tie ball game, 24-24. Then Bondz comes out and beats my cover 3 deep for a 60 yard touchdown to make it 31-24.

I know I have to score or it's over, so I am careful with the ball, mixing the run in and moving the ball in small chunks. I eat into the fourth quarter clock and Christian Ricks (2nd string!) scores to tie it back up 31 all. Texas isn't fazed, moving the ball again in big chunk and scoring to the tight end, AGAIN. 38-31. I struggle down the field, hit a couple clutch third down passes and get within striking distance. I run, run and run some more against at tired Longhorn defense and score to tie it up with 1:07 left. I considered going for two, but didn't have the sack, so I kicked back knowing he would score. Bondzai starts to roll down the field (450 yards of offense does that), drops back and throws it right to a linebacker with about 40 seconds left in the game. I am in good position and one play puts me in decent FG range. I pound the ball, running the clock a bit to try to kick and game winner and manage to punch the ball in with 12 seconds left for the win. Texas comes out and throws two Hail Mary passes (one he almost had on the bouce) but the clock expires with Duke winning at Texas.

22. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Kentucky 25
    Baylor 35

Baylor gets their 2nd win on the year, but takes a huge loss in the game as for the 2nd straight week our starting RB goes down with and injury and D. Bower is now out for the year. Baylor will be playing with their 3rd and 4th string RB's for the next 4 weeks until we get Micah back in 4 weeks. Hopefully we don't lose another RB or our 60 rated HB who is being redshirted will be put into the fire.

GG JK.. I just got real lucky to get those two picks to start the 2nd half, it opened up the game and allowed me not to have to pass the ball all over the field with Petty. It's off to the Smurf Turf next week for the Bears.

23. theSANDMAN215

Wake Forest: 28
    South Carolina: 31

South Carolina moves to 2-0 on the season with a hard fought win over the Deacons.

The game hasn't uploaded to The Wire yet, so I don't know the exact stats. I do know I knocked out Drifter's QB for 10 weeks.

It was a back and forth game, with both offenses trying not to make mistakes. My running back fumbled, which led to 3 points, and Drifter through a pick which led to a TD. Drifter scored a TD with about 1:30 to go, and made the two-point conversion to tie the game. Some how, I managed to drive down the field and get within field goal range to kick a game winning field goal. I did notice while playing Drifter some of the mistakes I make on defense that causes my defense to stay on the field.

One nice part of the game, my walk-on TE scored the would-be go ahead Touchdown in the 4th quarter before Drifter drove down for a TD and 2 point conversion. I saw him wide open, and thought he would drop it, but I went for it and lobbed it to him in the endzone for a TD.

Good game Drifter.

My QB had 299 yards passing.
    My RB had around 125 yards rushing.

24. theSANDMAN215

Drifter, good thing we just finished that game, we're under a tornado watch or warning, I can't remember which, in Virginia of all places. May be headed to the basement in a few.

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This really sums up the game for me. Not only do I lose on the road in a game I could have won if not for analog mistakes, I lose my young QB 6 quarters into the year. Come on, CPU. I'm terrible at this game, throw me at least one bone...