Season 5 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 16, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Post all game recaps for season 5 in this thread.

2. fuzzyl0gic

#8 Rutgers downs #13 Michigan State in East Lansing
    [​IMG]
    The Scarlet Knights kicked off the season with a huge win on the road against a very tough Michigan State team. In the first half, the two power houses traded blows and lit up the scoreboard. The Scarlet Knights thought that would be going into halftime with a 14 point lead, but Spartan WR Keith Mumphrey blew past the coverage for a 95 yard kick return for a TD. That would tighten things up 28-21 Rutgers going into the half. In the third quarter, both teams maintained long, sustaining drives and traded TDs. In the 4th quarter, the Scarlet Knights defense would force another turnover, and the Spartans were unable to put up any more points. Rutgers grabbed 1 more TD with another long drive, and chewed the clock after the win was secured. Hats off to coach Masler, he played a great game. It was a team effort that gave the Scarlet Knights the win, and a +4 turnover margin didn't hurt either.
    Stat Leaders:
    J. Edwards 16/20 362 yds 1 TD 0 INTs
    J. Harris 23 attempts, 184 yards, 4 TDs; 2 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD

JJ Tartacoff 6 catches, 175 yards
    S. Hicks 5 catches, 60 yards
    A. Palmer, 2 tackles 1 INT
    J. Deering, 7 tackles 1 INT
    B. Jones, 3 tackles 2 sacks

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Your defense made plays when it counted and you were able to murder my secondary. Can't believe one of my best receivers lost the ball on that drive, I didn't even fight for extra yardage. It was a very good game indeed but lack of defense and turnovers determined the game. GG fuzzy, maybe we can continue this next year.

4. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah it would be cool to make it a yearly rivalry, be prepared to travel to Jersey next year. It was one of the best all-around team efforts I've had in a while on this game. Jonathan Edwards is something special as well, I really hope he stays up until his senior year.

edit: I also love when recruiting decisions from many seasons ago pay off. I went after the 6'5" huge safety Tommy Massey for his hit power ability and sheer size, and he came fresh off the bench as a Junior and made a huge play, forcing the fumble on your star WR late in the game.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

That KR confused me, I didn't realize I had it until he was 10 yards free lol.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Pittsburgh 21
    Northwestern 35

The Northwestern Wildcats used the big play to beat the Pittsburgh Panthers 35-21. The Wildcats scored the first 14 points of the game, both on 1 yard TD runs by Adonis Smith. The first touchdown was set up by a 41 pass from QB Trevor Siemian to Rashard Lawrence. Pittsburgh responded with a 61 yard run by Adam Neal out of the wildcat formation. The Wildcats would respond with a 63 yard run by Adonis Smith, with Zac Ferguson scoring a touchdown on a 3 yard run. The Panthers wouldn't quit however, and scored pulling with 7 with 28 seconds remaining in the half. However, the Panthers defense still couldn't hold the Wildcats as Trevor Siemian hit tight end Travis Black for a 23 yard TD with with 2 seconds remaining.

On Northwestern's first possession of the second half Tony Jones ran 72 yards off the Jet Sweep for a Wildcat touchdown making the score 35-14. The Panthers would still fight back, but Pitt's QB Anthony Gonzalez threw 3 interceptions in the second half, two in the end zone.

Overall, I think these two teams were very even. The downfall of the Panthers was their inability to tackle. In looking at some of the replays, and remembering how some things went down this was a major problem for the Panthers.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

So during week 2 I was host to Arkansas St. I thought this would be an easy victory and it should have been. Unfortunately I suffered a case of turnover syndrome b/c i gave the ball away SIX times during this game! My WRs are very dependable with making catches down field but aren't very skilled with ball security while stiff arming.

The game was one by 9 points but time of possession was a lot closer than i wanted it to be. I only won the TOP battle by a minute and a few seconds. I believe this is the main reason they were able to stay in the game. That and of course the SIX yes i said SIX turnovers lol!

So far I'm pleased with how the o-line is opening running lanes and also securing a pocket for my QB to stand in. TE's have proven to be reliable catching over the middle while taking punishing hits. The major weakness staring me in the face is having NO threat in the return game. I'm in need of recruiting a speedster with agility this season and I've got my eye on a few targets.

On another note if anyone can explain to me how to copy and paste the box scores from off easportsworld I would gladly post them on here. Good luck in week 3!

8. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG]
    Hey guys I created a story with story builder on the dynasty homepage. Check it out I think it sounds pretty good. If someone could tell me how to load it on here I would.

[​IMG]

9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    The Huskies had one goal entering their season opener against #7 Rutgers, and that was to control the clock, and that is exactly what they did. the Scarlet Knights entered as the easy favorite. The Huskies took the ball on their opening possesion and drove the ball down the field. When they took the early lead they knew they had a chance. Forcing 4 turnovers and controlling the ball for 18:27 compared to the 9:33 and 0 turnovers that Rutgers had, the Huskies looked to be a sure winner. But the Scarlet Knights didn't fade. Pulling within 3 with 5:24 left in the game the Huskies knew what they needed to do. Run the 5 minute offense, and that is what they did. Riding the backs of Nick Montana who was 15-19 for 296 yds and 2TDs and a passer rating of 244.5 and Running Back Deontae Cooper who ran for 116yds and 3TD's, the Huskies marched down the field and used up nearly all of the clock scoring a TD with only 27 seconds remaining. The Scarlet Knights were out of options at this point. There two shining stars of the day for Rutgers Johnathan Edwards who was 15-24 for 292 with 3TD's and a desperation INT late and Jay Harris who rushed for 78 yds on only 13 carries with a TD, could do nothing to change the outcome. The Huskies(1-0 (0-0)) following their 41-31 victory are looking forward to their next game at Western Michigan. Rutgers(1-1 (0-0)) looks to rebound with a bye week before heading home to play #20 Boise State.

Oh and copy and paste could get the article in here.

10. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Week 2 Pitt Panthers

The Panthers destroyed FCS East this week 70-24 in a game that was so one sided that Pitt's starters were pulled at the end of the first quarter. Backup HB Andre Givens had a ridiculous game and set a school record with 343 yards and 6 TDs on the ground as well as a 55 yd TD pass to TJ Peeler on a trick play in the first quarter. The Panthers only made four passing attempts the entire game, two of which went for six points.

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

In their season opener and debut in The Rise, Florida St. rolls to a 42-24 win over Florida Atlantic. The star of the game was HB Keith Harrell, who racked up 192 yards on 21 carries and scored 5 total TD's (3 rushing, 1 receiving, and 1 Kickoff). QB Tommy Harrington threw for 222 yards and 2 TD's and no picks. Early on it was very competitive, but in the 4th, the Seminoles got two clutch interceptions from SS Kyle Brewer. The Noles jump right into ACC play next week against BC.

12. fuzzyl0gic

Nice write-ups everyone. Good to see FSU gets a win with their new coach, I'm sure they'll be rebuilt in no time. Congrats to Washington for taking down Rutgers and giving (RS) sophomore QB Jonathan Edwards his first college loss! He has been taken down to reality.

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NC State - 27
    N'Western - 24

In a closely contested game, the Wolfpack win their season opener with solid play all around, as this team looks to improve from mediocre seasons gone by. Tyler Brosius was solid at QB, going 16/23 for 251 yards, 2TD and an INT. Mustafa Greene started his senior season with a bang, taking 19 carries for 123 yards and a TD. Northwestern didn't have a running game to speak of after going for over 200 yards rushing last week, but QB Trevor Siemian played well going 15/20 for 228 yards, 2TD and an INT.

In the first quarter Northwestern got the ball and slowly made their way downfield before settling on a FG to take the early lead. After Brosius took the Wolfpack inside the 10 on their opening drive, he threw an INT in the back of the endzone that was returned 107 yards for a TD by the Wildcat SS, giving Northwestern the 10-0 lead early in the 2nd quarter. But NC State responded quickly, driving straight downfield and getting a 29 yard touchdown run from Mustafa Greene. After a defensive stop, the Wolfpack were able to drive into Wildcat territory yet again and kick a FG to tie the game going into halftime.

NC State took the opening drive of the third quarter into the Northwestern red zone before settling for another field goal to take the lead. Northwestern would respond with a long drive of their own, except they wouldn't stall in the red zone, and got a 28 yard touchdown pass to take a 17-13 lead heading into the 4th quarter. NC State methodically moved it down the field in the 4th quarter before getting a touchdown pass with just over 3 minutes left to regain the lead, 20-17. But when the Wolfpack needed a stop the couldn't get it, surrendering a long drive to Northwestern where they would score yet another touchdown to take a 24-20 lead with just over a minute left. But this proved to be too much time, as Brosius completed long pass after long pass before a 32 yard strike to Kyle Woodard with just under :30 remaining put NC State back on top 27-24. Northwestern wouldn't get a chance to tie, as Siemian threw an interception right away and gave NC State the season-opening victory.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

gg Wazzu, I thought you were gonna win for a second there at the end

15. fuzzyl0gic

Nice win!

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

One of the few lol

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It was a good game, I am going to try and post the epic 107 yard Interception return, I am pretty sure it was the highlight of my night

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Oh and much thanks for the tune up, definitely helped me against Twist haha

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    So I just beat Western Michigan 49-0. But I have my xbox live hooked up through my laptop, and my laptop died and when I started charging it I cant seem to reconnect to xbox live, so I dont think it counted my game and I'm not sure if it will say that I quit.

20. fuzzyl0gic

Just play it over if you have to, but obviously try not to let that ever happen.

21. fuzzyl0gic

The Scarlet Knights fall to #18 in week 3, and with a bye week, they must reflect on it. A National Championship is out of the question, but for the 5th consecutive season, they have their eyes on a BCS bowl and a Big East victory. It won't be easy this year, but they are a determined team.

22. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

Sorry... I know how hard you have been working for that national title.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah you cut me deep, but Rutgers doesn't deserve one this year if they can't win them all and give up 40+ points.

24. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Well I just threw away my damn week 3 game playing away at #25 TCU. I was stupid enough to SIM a kick off return to try and save time and some how i end up with the fucking ball on my own 3yard line. needless to say that fucked me pretty goddamn good. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is always my luck that i will miss an extra point or fumble a return when i sim it. Well i've learned my lesson i guess. MOTHERFUCKER!

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've learned not to sim....did it once because I was winning big and was close to the scoring cap...thought I could sim to end the game since I didn't need to play, my defense ended up pick 6ing them and i broke the scoring game, resulting in me getting in some deep shit lol.