Season 5 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Timpegoose, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Post 'em here

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

#8 Notre Dame 26
    Stanford 23

Both teams struggled to score TDs in the red zone, and its really the only reason the game was close. Notre Dame was 0/5 in the red zone. They're kicker is a monster though. He hit a 62 yard field goal in the first quarter. Our offense played well until we got to the red zone, where we were only able to score 3 field goals in 4 attempts. Notre Dame put together a nice little 2 minute drill to set up a last second field goal. Our safeties fell asleep, and they managed to connect on a 30 yard pass to put them in field goal range with 7 seconds left to win the game. Wright looked good for us on the ground, racking up 111 yards on 21 carries. And I've somehow managed to keep my completion % up so far. Abrams was 15/26 for 293 and 2 TDs today. His season completion % is currently 59%. I might have a chance at hitting that goal yet.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]
    Wasn't as dominant on the ground as I expected to be but the defense kept making plays on 3rd down. Only had to throw for 90 yards in order to win - I just wish I had better WR's. Even these guys dropped key 3rd down conversions.... I thought I was leaving that behind when I left Buffalo. I don't really have a legit deep threat either which concerns me.

The CPU attempted like five 50+ field goals, all of which dropped short. I returned the first one but the rest of them I was like... okay, this is too easy. I ended up returning a kick as well - Martinez is going to destroy as a kick returner.

All in all a shutout is a shutout but it certainly didn't feel like one. Kentucky just threw the ball the entire game - with good success I might add. But the D kept clamping down on 3rd down and making plays and it was enough to keep them off the scoreboard.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

As you can tell by the 4 interceptions, I was forced to pass more than I like. Mostly in the 2nd half. QB DeMarcus Smith didn't do all bad though as he did get 4 passing TDs, including the game winner in OT. HB Lee Shaw had 41 yards on 9 carries before getting knocked out of the game. Jason Andrews came in and carried the ball 21 times for 78 yards and a touchdown.

[​IMG]

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1

Colorado - 55
    WKU - 7

I could have scored 100 if I wanted in this game...the clock is weird as an offensive coordinator. Well over 300 yards rushing in the game for the Buffaloes.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 2

Colorado - 45
    Southern Miss - 14

Khaalis was out of this game from the first drive, where he threw a pick six. Later in the game the Colorado defense added another pick 6 (3 INT on the day). A special teams touchdown to open the second half started an offensive explosion in the third quarter. Up 42-7 to start the final frame, Colorado started to just eat clock and pound the ball inside. Colorado only threw the ball 4 times (for 0 yards) but had 39 carries for 323 yards on the ground. QB Sharrard Harrington lead the way with 122 yards on 11 carries, including a 70 yard run in the 3rd quarter. Fullback Brian Johnson was close behind with 14 carries for 97 yards.

GG khaalis.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Rice - 42
    EMU - 31

Well I finally win one against Lawdog, just had to get him off that Ole Miss squad. This was a tale of 2 different offensive attacks in this one with Rice pounding the rock on the ground and EMU attempting to air it out. Rice gets the ball first and strikes from mid field with a 47 yard Griffin TD up the middle. Griffin had an absolute monster game in this one grinding out first downs with some big runs mixed in. EMU answers off a big flats pass to the HB that goes for 60 or so and topped off with a Iannotti scramble for 16 to make it 7-7. I give the ball back on a fumble on the punt return, but intercept EMU. Griffin then finishes off a decent drive from 3 yards out to make it 14-7. EMU wastes no time and drive down in just under a minute scoring on a 2 yard dive on 3rd and goal. Rice drives down right before half, but lag causes us to miss the chip shot field goal

The game really opened up in the 2nd half. EMU gets the ball and drives down and settles for a field goal. I respond with a long drive and Griffin picks up his 3rd TD run from 19 yards out on a option pitch and some nifty spin moves. EMU gets the ball back and immediately throws an int. Jackson hooks up with Lee for a 23 yard TD to make the score 28-17. We hold EMU on D again and Griffin rips another huge run up the middle for 60 yards to put the score at 35-17. EMU keeps it close with a nice Kick Return TD for 99 yards to keep it close 35-24. We grind the the ball and clock a bit and with 2 min to go, Griffin gets another huge TD run for 45 yards to put the game away 42-24. EMU works the 2 min offense and scores once more in garbage time, but it was too little too late.

The big story for us was Griffin's running and the defensive pressure. Knowing the EMU offense was going with a passing attack, the Rice dline pinned their ears back and came up with 4 sacks and forced 5 ints. LB Pedro Davis had 1 sack and 2 ints by himself.

Passing
    Jackson - 13/21 191 yrds 1 td 1 int

Iannotti - 14/30 252 yrds 0 td 5 ints

Rushing
    Griffin - 27 att 244 yrds 5 td

Iannotti - 8 att 16 yrds 1 td

Receiving
    Lee - 3 rec 52 yrds 1 td

Robinson - 3 rec 104 yrds
    Gonzales - 3 rec 50 yrds

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Alabama 58
    [​IMG]

Ball State 7

9. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Yeah, passing the ball is so much harder than running the ball in this year's game, so its a challenge, but one Im going to embrace. I should have run more HB screens to counter act Mustang's pass rush. The two I ran were successful. Overall was happy with how I played, my defense is still terrible, pretty much a result of those first two recruiting classes where I struggled to sign anyone that was worth a shit.

I have a game against BBJ scheduled, and I either can play tonight extremely late, or BBJ gets to pound my EMU team into the ground.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Interestingly enough, the 2 successful screens came off a Cover 1 man, and a 3 deep zone plays. The one screen that my D wrecked towards the end of the game and resulted in a loss was a blitz and I had just happened to stunt the dline in that direction. Doesnt make much sense as the screens are supposed to punish blitzing...

I was getting good pressure off 3 or 4 man rushes. My DTs, especially Covington, were abusing your interior oline. Your tackles actually did a pretty good job on my ends though.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I lost my starting to Center to a transfer - despite the fact I talked him back, so that was a big loss. I thought the second half I was able to contain the pass rush a little better, just made some bad throws.

I had Gonzales open deep twice, and each time the pass was three yards to far. Big time plays that were missed.

12. Keller

Screen effectiveness, at least in my opinion, is a combination of luck and the awareness/play recognition of the dlineman. If one of the ends sniffs it out, its over. I wish though on those plays when you hit the throw away button the QB would just throw it at the RBs feet.

13. Keller

Honestly I think what you're doing is pretty savvy. This season doesn't really matter for you and you're building your skill set faster than the rest of us are - or at the very least me/Shaun/Bond because all we do is run it (there may be others.)

The end result may be that you'll end up that much better in the passing game than the rest of us. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but that's kind of how I view it.

Passing the ball just equals turnovers for me - the DBs just pick the ball off too easily IMO.

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

One was an overthrow, a few other times my CB broke it up. He is a bit slow, but that CB is my defensive impact player, so he plays a bit better than his ratings. I was actually very pleased with his performance. I was a little worried about it going in, with how good of a player Gonnzales is, but he only allowed him 3 receptions, and I think 1 was a screen. He also outran gonzales on that one deep post int he had.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I try to take what the D gives me. I would have no issues with going to an air it out attack vs lawdog, or atleast try to. His front 7 were just getting pushed around in this game allowing for Griffin to break free and his DBs were covering well. It felt as if he had a smaller athletic finesse type defensive players. Pretty good range and pass coverage, but would get pushed around a bit.

Griffin also had a ridiculous game. He felt like he had a little bit more of a spring in his step than usual, he also broke some huge tackles he normally doesnt. He did some tight spin moves that went around and through EMU defenders that he never does. It was one of those games where he was playing out of his mind, should we happen to play it again right now, I doubt he runs like he did again.

16. Keller

[​IMG]
    GG Bond.

Just want to say - the team made all the difference.

The game was close early on and we were going back and forth with defensive stops. I put together a decent drive somewhere in there and punched it in on a 15 yard run up the middle. Ewing was just getting started. Bond finally did the same somewhere in the 2nd and tie it up at 7s. Not long after, Ewing busted a sick 59 yard stretch play where he hit the edge, cut up field then hit the burners to outrun the safeties down the sideline - pure speed. 14-7 Buckeyes. UCF's 2 minute offense came out and started carving up the defense.Finally, with 35 seconds left the UCF offense threw a 50/50 ball to the corner of the endzone to a WR that was running a wheel route and the Buckeyes top corner Doran Grant came up with the huge over the shoulder INT to give the ball back to the Buckeyes.

OSU started with the ball at the 20 and 3 timeouts - they were going to try and put more points on the board. The first pass play on a deep crossing route ended up on the right sideline for a gain of 15, Buckeyes timeout, 16 seconds left. Another catch by the Buckeyes pushed the ball up to the 46 of UCF. Two runs of 5 yards a piece and 2 timeouts brought the Buckeyes in field goal range and they nailed it. 17-7 at half and the Buckeyes were getting the ball.

After the kick it took Ewing just one play, a weakside counter, to score again. He got to the corner quickly and with only a corner to contest him, he cut upfield and instantly noticed the safety out of position again. The UCF defense was caught with their pants down and it was a footrace the length of the field, 82 yards, and Ewing isn't going to lose too many of those. Buckeyes 24-7.

The Buckeyes pretty much ran the ball and pinnedd their ears back from that point forward, the defense pitched a shutout in the 2nd half and the Buckeyes went on to kick 2 more field goals to seal the game 30-7. The Buckeyes ran the ball, played conservatively, and are now 2-0.

Again, GG Bond.

The reason I said the team made all the difference was because on the long runs, Bonds players literally could have made a play but the speed difference more or less stopped them in their tracks or something, they just stood there and watched Ewing run on by. He's my impact player on offense and he just made plays all day. My RB's in general were shrugging off virtually every first defender that got there, Ewing did it over and over again, even falling forward most times after making contact with the second defender. The other key item was that Bond found open receivers multiple times early in the game that would have lead to first downs or big plays and each time the Buckeye defense made contact the guy would drop it. I felt like I was watching the Buffalo Bulls play LSU or something again - it was kind of painful to watch. Theres nothing more irritating than making the right read, the right throw and your guy just dropping it/failing to make a play.

17. Bondzai

Good game Keller.

That damn interception at the end of the 1st half did me in. I was hanging with you until then. Your HB was about twice as fast as my defenders and they didn't know what the hell to do. I don't think they had ever seen anything like that before.

Hopefully I can get into a Big 10 school and get a rematch.

18. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Just got butt raped by LSU. I haven't faced a scarier defensive line in this version than LSU. Their defense is insane. The dropped passes didn't help, but I had zero chance. I'm pretty sure I had less than 200 yards of offense.

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Usc 42?
    Cal 38

being a OC is a joke as any decent team scores on long uncovered deep balls. point in case USC had 6 pass TD's of greater than 20 with 4 of them 40+. every time they need a play Boom long TD including a 45 yrd TD pass on 4th and 3 with the game at 0-0. 5 of the 6 td passes are on the wire. complete joke and totally not fun..

20. Bondzai

I got whooped by Mizzou last night. I couldn't stop the no huddle offense from scoring.

21. theSANDMAN215

Keller beat me.

It wasn't even a fun game. Yes, Ohio State is a better team, but with audibles on every play to abuse the AI just made the game no fun. I was trying to just run the clock out in the 2nd half, but my 360 froze. I told Keller to just finish the game.

The game had absolutely no flow to it because every snap the play clock would go to about 3 or 2 seconds because of the constant audibles. You can call me a sore loser or whatever you want, but that is not the way the game should be played.

I can see a few audibles, but constant audibles on every play just to abuse the AI just ruins the game for me. I can't move a DB or LB over to cover a slot receiver fast enough after an audible is called to have the guy wide open. Even if I tried, it gets old after 8 or 9 times on the 1st two drives.

I've lost to plenty of guys in this league over the years, but when I lose, at least they are SIM games. This, to me at least, is far from SIM. OMlawdog beats me every time, but he never cheeses to win. He whips me fair and square.

Oh well.

22. theSANDMAN215

USC is rated highly in this game. They are a VERY good team.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    If you want to post something like that publicly, you should probably post some proof.

24. Keller

Not even going to respond to that Sanders.

25. theSANDMAN215

I can't, our game froze in the 3rd quarter. I would think being in this league since day 1 would warrant enough.

I've been whipped by just about everyone in this league, and I don't complain about the losses.

I just don't see how it's SIM to call audibles and go routes on every play. It's not fun.

I like Keller, but to have someone just abuse the AI is pretty cheap in my opinion. The only user I have ever said anything like this was Bogey, and I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way about him.

I'm not saying Keller should be booted from the league or anything, I just think calling audibles 80-90% of the plays isn't SIM for this league. If it is, then I apologize, but I've never played anyone who has done it.

The first time I played him a couple seasons ago, he asked me what I thought of his play. I told him he called too many audibles, and I'm pretty sure he even admitted that he probably does. So, I went into this game thinking it would change, and it didn't.

Just not fun, I'm sorry.