Season 5: Signed Recruits, Injuries, Freshman Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 7, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 5: Signed Recruits, Injuries, Freshman Talk Thread

I think this may be one of the best classes so far..

The #1 QB is definately the real deal! B+ THP and THA, best I've seen on 2010 for a recruit. Whoever gets him can really build their program around him.

There's also a defensive tackle named Babatunde!! :D

Let's look at the top 3 for a few positions..

QB
    (#1) Mason Rodgers, 6'4" 225lbs, Winnsboro, LA
    -A real gun slinger! B+ THP/THA

(#2) Andrew Anderson, 6'4" 200lbs, Dana Point, CA
    -Cool name...less accurate, but I'm sure it is close to 80. B+ THP C+ THA

(#3) Chester Dixon, 6'5" 225lbs, Violet, LA
    -Only a four star. B THP/THA

O LINE
    (#1 T) Greg London, 6'6" 300lbs, Punta Gorda, FL
    -This dude is a beast! B-B+ for just about everything except PBK Str (C+)

(#2 T) Fabian Perry, 6'3" 300lbs, Woodside East, DE
    -B-'s across the board it seems, and he's a JUCO.

(#1 G) John Sledge, 6'4" 280lbs, Swanton, VA
    -Solid ratings, not as good as London though. Has C- awareness.

DEFENSE
    (#1 MLB) Colby Causey, 6'0" 200lbs, Addison, TX
    -Decent ratings, not spectacular. I project him to come in low overall. Interested in Texas Tech and Southern Miss.

(#2 CB) Tyler Davis, 6'0" 180lbs, Mount Vernon, VA
    -B+ Speed, B MCV, B- ZCV, and B Press. Solid corner for sure. Interested in UCF and Southern Miss.

OTHER
    (#1 ATH) Tim Thompson, 6'2" 170lbs, Dennison, TX
    -Definately a WR. B+ Speed and Agility! Can catch the football, and make plays afterwards! Interested in Texas Tech and Southern Miss.

2. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

J Root TE Out for a week

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Eric Ward WR 2 weeks (damnit!)

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

My All-American Sophmore Center is out 2 weeks. Not familiar enough with my team yet to remember his name.

5. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

True FR RB Brooks out for 10 weeks. Nothing big, he's my #3 RB at best

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Jumped up to #1 on Mason Rodgers list!!!
    (75minutes of quick call/scholly did the trick haha)

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I hate you Max!!!

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Coach Max has brought some of that Rice flavor to Tech and installed the 4-2-5 defensive scheme. Coach Max pulled the redshirt off of true Freshman SS James James Jameson, and give him the coveted #2 SS spot on the depth chart. In his first career start, "3J" racked up 6 tackles and 2 sacks coming off the edge and looks like he will be a force in the Tech backfield for a many years to come.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue gets their first commit of the season! No fancy logo, but it'll be back.

DE (#13) :3stars: Patrick Wells, 6'2" 235lbs, Michigan

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You can have em!

11. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Mike Anderson The #1 HB in the nation stand 6'1 210Lbs of man child has akron on #4 on his list,If he comes to play for AKron he will start no doubt,but we have to beat out elite recruiting by Oklahoma St,Michigan and Notre Dame!

Come on Playing time!!!

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Tech has two true Freshman to watch out for this year, and both were personally recruited late by Coach Max. Both missed spring practices as they were still in High School, but both have come in and stepped up.

WR Cheech Charles 6'3 174lb

Started off the season with an 11REC 153yd 1TD game. He quickly became Harris' go-to target after (RS)Senior impact WR Eric Ward went down with an injury. Cheech followed that game up with another great performance, again operating out of the #2 WR slot. Against Houston he had 8 grabs for 110yd and he also snagged 2 TD passes.
    Charles, as with many Tech receivers, looks to have a big-stats type of season.
    Season stats after 2 games: 19REC 263yd 3TD (2 drops)

SS James James Jameson 6'1 198lb

Jameson, another SS recruit pulled out of the woodwork by Coach Max, had an impact as soon as he stepped out of the field. His redshirt was burned because Coach Max needed speed on the field to run his 4-2-5, and speed is what he got. 6 Tackles and 2 sacks in his first start has earned Jameson a starting role for the rest of the season
    Season stats after 1 game: 6Tackle 2TFL 2SACK

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

HB (#21) Clifton Finley 5'9" 185 - Plainfield, IN :4stars:

Instant commits to Purdue after receiving a scholarship!

Hopefully he will transform into the type of back we need, I'm not so sure. He is listed as a power back, but we are looking for quicker guys. If we can find another guy who is quicker and faster, he will be useful to rotate in with. Definately a redshirt, So Brian Robinson is more than capable of handling duties for the next few years.

Column 1 Column 2
    Speed B+
    Break Tackle C+
    Carrying B-
    Agility B
    BC Vision C
    Acceleration C+

Injuries

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Injury Length
    Sr (RS) D Robinson QB Sprained Elbow 3 weeks

We aren't too worried, and this may actually be a blessing in disquise because it will give redshirt Freshman T.J. Smith some PT. Denard should be back for the game at #2 Penn State, but it will be a game time decision on whether or not he will start. Stay tuned.

Purdue's next 5 weeks..BYE, ND, @ Ill, BYE, @ #2 PSU

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Coach Max inks his first recruit this weekend

:3stars:T (#34) 6'5 332lb Daphne, AL
    40yd 4.88
    Bench 420
    Squat 620
    Impact Block B-

This guy is big. He is sort of project player, but could see early PT and/or factor in heavily if Coach Max ever leans back toward a run-oriented offense.

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Colorado lost two significant players to injury in this last weeks game against Utah. RS JR HB Willie Babcock left the game in the 2nd Qtr after suffering what appears to be a broken wrist and will miss the next 5 weeks. Babcock will be replaced by True FR John Harris. Harris you will remember was the #1 RB recruit in the land. He has rushed for over 100 yards in 2 out of three games this year. He has rushed for a total of 294 yards and has scored 6 TD's on the season. Also out for the next 4 weeks is FR MLB Brad Carter who hurt his back on a tackle in the 3rd Qtr of the Utah game. Darrius Webb will take his spot at the LB position.

On the Recruiting front the Buffs have moved to the top of several of their prospects lists. The 6'4"232 LB WR with 4.44 speed has Colorado as his top choice and an inside source has told me that they wouldn't be surprised to see him sign on in the next couple of weeks. The feeling is mutual as far as top choice so says Coach York. "He is a MUST GET for this program he is a game changer and a starter from day one. With our top pass catcher leaving this year I want...no I need him to be wearing Black and Gold next year." We will get Colorado's big board up soon.

16. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Starting SO HB Horner went down in the Memephis game in the second quarter with severe vaginitis for two more weeks. He was at 5 carries for 60 yards.

17. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State inked their first recruit of the year, and, just like last year, it is an OLB. Frank Roth has good size and yet is able to cover a lot of ground.

Frank Roth:3stars:
    6'1" 230
    Texas

Column 1 Column 2
    Speed B
    Awareness C-
    Tackle B-
    Block Shedding B-
    Pursuit C+

Coach Thrillz: "Frank is going to be a good addition to our D. He is a tenacious tackler, relentlessly pursuing the ball carrier. We may slide him over to MLB next season. He and freshman Brandon McNair will form a young, talented, and nasty foundation for the Golden Flash linebacking corps."

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Out for the Southern Miss game?

(y) (y) (y)

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

JR WR Maurice Galloway mid way through the best game of his life in which he had 7 catches for 127 yards and 1 TD took a hit after a play and stayed down for a couple of minutes. He was helped off the field and taken back to the locker room were it was deduced that he had back spasms and would be out for the game and what looks like two weeks of recovery.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Colorado inked its 1st player last night before the OSU game. They signed an OLB from Tecumseh OK.
    6'5" 236lbs :3stars:
    Speed:C
    Tackle:B
    Block Shedding:B-
    If he maintains his weight he could fill in at the MLB position and make quite a tandem with FR Brad Carter in Coach Yorks 3-4 Defense. If he adds some lbs he could find himself with one hand on the ground rushing the passer. He has the body type to add that weight. It will depend on his maturation over the summer as to what position he takes.

21. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Pat McNair is broken

Sophomore QB and future of the Kent State offense has a broken vertebrae. He is out for the season. (n)

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Backup QB (RS)Senior Jacob Karam out 7 Weeks with a broken hand.

Starting HB Junior Marques White out 3 weeks with Back spasms.

True Freshman WR Cheech Charles has jumped to #3 on the Heisman list. Although, after Tech had lost their #1 and #2 QB due to injury, it was hard for him to rack up yards like usual against Nebraska. Tech had to go to the ground to hang on to the ball so he only managed 8REC for 51yd and 1TD. He dropped an almost 40yd pass though that couldve went for even more.

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Coach Max signs his first Big-Time QB recruit in Mason Rodgers. Rodgers is an Elite 11 QB who could start next season for the Red Raiders if Harris goes to the NFL. If Harris comes back he could Redshirt (Can you imagine this guy after a RS in a few years??).

Mason Rodgers QB (#1) :5stars:
    6'4 225lb Winnsboro, LA

271 bench
    205 squat
    D AWR

THP B+
    THA B+

Remember this kid... He is going to be the real deal at Tech. Now I need some WRs for him to throw to.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Redshirt Freshman TJ Smith will have to lead the charge against #1 Michigan because Denard Robinson, in his first week back from injury, broke his toe and is out for another two weeks.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Colorado signs 3

The University of Colorado signed 3 new recruits this last week and got 2 soft verbals to make a very solid foundation for this team for years to come.

:4stars: WR Matt Clarke stands at 6'5" and weighs 232 lbs. He has 4.44 speed and will look to crack the starting lineup from the start of fall practice. "He has a chance to be special. Matt will have a chance to see the field in year one. We will be loosing two very good SR WR this year I think Matt will be one of the ones filling those shoes." Coach York had to say at his mid week luncheon at the Linebacker Club in downtown Boulder.
    B+Speed
    B-Route Running
    B-Jumping

:4stars: Ryan Oliver a 6'6" 302 lb OT signed with CU this week and he also looks to see playing time next year. He is the number 9 rated OT in the land. He has all the skills to be a dominate left tackle at the next level. "In a perfect world he would sit next year and build up some more strength but we are losing some talent on the OL and we have little coming back so it looks like he could start right away." OC and recruiting coordinator Robb Leblanc had to say when commenting on this class.
    B Pass Blocking
    B Impact Blocking
    B Strength

:4stars: Kelvin Hawking the #9 TE coming out of High School in Parsons Kansas. He stands at 6'4" and weighs in at 248 lbs. Here is a guy who should come in and back up a position that has talent. He may even red shirt to put on a few more Lbs of muscle and learn the blocking aspect of the game.
    B-Speed
    B-Catching
    B-Break Tackle

:3stars: David Scott a 6'5" 236lb OLB from Tecumseh OK is a big boy and comes from a High School in OK that produces a lot of talent year in and year out. It was quite a coup for Coach York and his staff to reach into OK and steal this guy from OU, OSU and Tulsa. "David fits our 3-4 defense real well and with him coming to school in the spring he should be ahead of the curve than most freshman. I see Brad(Carter) and David being hard to stop in a couple years and wreaking havoc on most of the Big 12." said Coach York.
    B Tackle
    B- Block Shedding