Season 5 Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Jan 4, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Season 5 Team Previews

Give some info about your team this season.​

Key Players Offense (What makes them important to the team)​

Key Players Defense (What makes them important to the team)​

Season outlook​

Record Prediction​

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Miami comes into the season as the reigning national champs, as well as having won the ACC three years running. This year looks to be a little different, as key players bolted for the NFL, leaving youth to take the reins and reload. One significant loss is that of Heisman Trophy winner, HB Storm Johnson. Johnson ran for over 200 yards in 12 of 14 games last season. Along with that was the departure of two offensive lineman, one which was rated a 99. On the defensive side of the ball, 3/4 of the secondary has left for greener pastures (i.e., money).

With the previously mentioned losses, the defense is going to have some issues. The offense is hoping to help fill the gaps by holding onto the ball and putting some big numbers up on the scoreboard. HB Eduardo Clements now gets the call to carry the rock. Junior QB Rodney Landry is back for his 3rd year as the starter, and is currently ranked a 99. The receivers were all young last year, and all are back to see what they can do. Two time Mackey award winner Brian Arney returns at the TE spot.

On defense, it's going to be up to the new starters. There's really no star except SS Latwan Anderson.

The Miami schedule looks to be a little tougher this year, starting with a visit to The Swamp in week 1. That said, Coach Parrothead is looking toward a 4th straight appearance in the ACC title game. Record prediction: 10-2.

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

The Clemson Tigers will have a new look this season, coach Gyrene stepped down at the end of last year and coach TEClemson53 stepped in and suffered a tough loss in the Orange Bowl. This season is no easy opener for the new head coach, losing stars play makers on offense and defense, having a freshman QB and but experience surrounding him and a really good defense to hang your hat on. The strengths are spread all over the field, we have experience on both sides but we also lack the depth.

On the offensive side of things, we have a very talented offensive line with Kalon Davis and Davis Beasley and a kid with a very bright future is center Derek Smith. Under center true freshman QB Tim Medlock, Medlock was highly recruited out of Bennettsville, SC, however with a young QB, mistakes are going to happen. Our running back's are a talented bunch in power running Marques Pierre and Senior speedster Demont Buice. The biggest change for us on offense is losing receiver Martavis Bryant, we do return senior Allen Ball and junior Ryan Conception, neither are explosive, but they don't drop many passes. The offense is going to have to depend on spreading the ball around and everyone do their part, the new coach isn't an explosive coach, he likes to run the ball and win with defense.

Speaking of defense, we're experienced up front, the interior of the trenches should cause problems for some offenses with Corey Robbins and Tarvaris Barnes, on the ends we return Robbie Davis and Tim Marshall, again, some guys with experience, on the edges, we have a core group of corners that has 1 season together under there belts, Patrick Parham is probably the most talented corner on the defense, just has a good itch for the ball. The weakest part of our defense has to be the safeties, we've got a true freshman back there for us in Sean Tyson, he will get a lot of experience starting this season, hopefully it pays off.

I think this first year coaching staff is going to learn a lot, I think we're going to have some success but take our lumps along the way, we play in a tough conference, someone in this conference seems to be playing for the Title every season it seems, our guys don't know what to expect from our opponents, we don't know the team's quite yet, I think the Tiger fans will see a roller coaster ride.

As a head coach, you really hate to predict records, scores, all that good stuff but just off the top of my head, if I had to guess anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3.

4. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Virginia Tech has no fucking clue what to expect....I hate my defense, but have one of the best, fastest QBs in the NCAA, and a stellar RB. My WRs are garbage....but I will say my line will kick anybodies ass.

My defense pisses me off beyond belief....what you saw last night in the orange bowl was 3 times better than my team....Have fun with your offense.

Im looking forward to a 9-3 season...at the worst 8-4

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    This year's Georgia Bulldog is once again very talented with a good mix of youth and experience. We're starting a RS Freshman QB this year in John Simmons. He was the #1 QB the recruiting class 2 years ago. He is a prototypical pocket QB with an excellent arm for a Freshman (97 THP, 93 THA). The Dawgs will once again rely on a 2 headed running back crew as All-SEC RBs Ken Malcome and TJ Rucker return for their senior seasons. Malcome is the speed back while Rucker provide more of a power running style. At WR look out for Soph Chris Miller. This guy has AJ Green type skills with excellent speed (96).

The Georgia defense is one of the most talented in the nation. The two ends are the fastest in the nation and provide good pressure on the QB. The strength of the defense however is the LB play. LB of the year Ryan Goodman returns for his Junior season and he is a rock in the middle. The Dawgs also have a talented defensive backfield led by 94 OVR Junior CB Eric Coleman and 90 OVR SS Jonathan Silva.

Georgia is confident in their chances to get back to the SEC title game and NC game. As with every season the key game is with Florida but we feel we have the team to get back in control of the series.

We expect to run the table this season! 14-0!