Season 5 to Season 6 Transition

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by ChuckDzzNutz, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Jman
    Baron
    Hokie Effect
    IXI DECAY IXI
    papaloke
    GatorJes
    SLOPDAWG88
    Selvy9
    Wyrmreaver
    cmilesg

Anybody else already starting to look at the off-season possibilities? I know this guy is. With Dwreck leaving UF in the hands of some shitty interim coach and Nate Glory's prestige currently being at an A+, I could certainly envision getting an offer from the Alma Mater. With no less than fucking 5 people in an 11 member dynasty sharing the same alma mater I'm not sure we could pass it up if the offer comes along. It will be damn hard to leave the Cherry and Silver though. We got Smash and Dash coming back as a Junior and Sophomore respectively. The shitty lines will each be a year older, plus we got a 5* QB coming and converted Muslim Namid Abdullah (Caleb Wright) will be a 5th year Senior. Of course there's the Neal factor. The dude's about to win a National Title with 2*Hawaii in his second season, so obviously we all want to get the fuck out of his division. Should really be an interesting off-season. Anybody else have any thoughts on the matter?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I've become WAY more open to offers from outside schools because of just how shitty my defense has been this year. The one thing that compels me to not be in full get outta dodge mode is that I'll have, likely, 19-21 starters returning next season. Which is insane. But still, unless those starters all go up 8 points of OVR, I still won't be where I want to.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

This one I can't wait to sit back and watch, I won't be leaving PSU unless Bob Stoops kills over and Oklahoma opens up. PSU is about to be a recruiting powerhouse.

I'm curious as hell to see how the Florida gig plays out, it really could get interesting. I hope the carousel brings better things for everyone this season than it has in the past, it has the potential to be a solid one at least.

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Well it's my third and final year on the contract for the Maryland OC gig and I'm sure an extension is coming my way so it's still a pretty tough decision because I don't want what happened to Hokie last season to happen to me. My coach prestige is still high and I will probably end up declining the extension and take my chances on what the field has to offer.

Anybody have any predictions on what head coaches may be let go this season?

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'll try and get on tonight and take a look at the job security page. I'll post up some likely openings..... Not that Johnny Utah is headed anywhere, Dude is more than comfortable out in Honolulu!

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Head Coaches in the last year of their contract with less than 50% security......

Team Security
    Pitt Panthers 10%
    ASU Sun Devils 27%
    Missouri Tigers 39%
    KSU Golden Flashes 39%
    Northwestern 40%
    Houston Cougars 40%
    UW Huskies 42%
    Clemson Tigers 43%
    UConn Huskies 43%
    K-State 44%
    Kansas 44%
    Miami (OH) 44%
    Duke 45%
    MTSU 48%
    Rutgers 48%

Head Coaches still in contract with under 40% security

Team Security
    FSU Seminoles 22%
    Fighting Illini 24%
    Iowa 29%
    Utah State 29%
    Boise State 30%
    Buffalo 32%
    SC Gamecocks 36%
    Purdue 37%
    Tennessee 39%

So gents, make your offseason plans accordingly, looks like there are a handful of nice spots (clemson, south carolina, washington, florida state) that could be available, plus potentially others if some coaches retire etc.

Just as an FYI to all the Gator Alumni, Coach Dusty Bottoms will have 2 years left on his contract after this season and, as of now, shows a "green" rating of 77% job security.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Namid Abdullah here I come (and no J-man, that is not a fucking permission slip to skip me again this year in the CC)

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Only one on that list would probably be Florida State.

And I was the one who wanted to be the mercenary.

9. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

There are a couple of spots on that list that would draw my attention. I wouldn't mind sitting at Florida State or South Carolina for a season or two.

10. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I've grown tired of C USA and would really like to bounce...I'm still suprised that my prestige is a C. I'm really hoping I get a good offer, I would probably even take a lateral move just to play some different teams.