Season 5 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, May 31, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Season 5 Week 1

IU destroyed #8 Florida, 62-31.

Mike Perkins showed why he was ranked the top True Freshman Halfback in the country with a 125+ yard, 3 TD day. Pre-Season All-Americans WR Duwyce Wilson and SS Logan Smith had stellar days as well. Wilson and WR Jamone Chester made the Gator special teams look like a grade school squad with a kickoff return TD each. The Hoosier D forced 4 turnovers including a pick for a TD and 3 fumbles forced.

IU started each possession with stellar field possession and was able to ride the new true freshmen QB and RB Perkins to victory.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Big win for USF!

South Florida (1-0) 31
    #6 Miami (0-1) 10

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Rutgers puts a 42-17 beatdown on Fresno State in Piscataway. Rutgers would gain 511 yards, with no turnovers on the day. The Bulldog offense was bottled up after they scored on their first play from scrimmage on a 66 yard option play.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#7 Texas A&M 31
    #13 Ole Miss 20

Texas A&M was able to start the season with a victory over the running rebels from Ole Miss. TAMU and Ole Miss both run similar style offenses and this game turned into a slugfest. TAMU had a halftime lead of 21-6, but Ole Miss was able to get close going into the 4th only down 8pts 28-20. Both defense held strong the 4th qtr not wanting to give an inch, but with 2 minutes left in the game the Aggies were able to kick a 27yrd FG to extend the lead and preserve the victory at 31-20.

The new 4th qtr rules worked very well in our game. You had much more freedom in your play calling.

Great Game Twist

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Northwestern - 35
    #17 Boston College - 21

Story of the game, 11 interceptions between myself and the CPU. Did you change the sliders any dakota? That's the most interceptions I've ever thrown (6 of them for god's sake...) and ever intercepted the CPU with (and they were BADLY thrown interceptions by them).

Freshman WR Vinson breaks school record with 13 receptions for 200+ yards and 3 TDs while new freshman dual threat QB (can't remember his name right off the top of my head) breaks collarbone and is now out for 10 weeks so impact throwing QB steps in and throws for 400+, 4 TDs and 6 INTs on 35 of 51 throwing.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No. I didn't touch the sliders.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Huh.

Oh well. Anomaly I'm sure.

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

UCLA 27
    #24 Clemson 31

Clemson gets in the endzone with 26 seconds left in the game for the win in a very good game.

Great game NoleNblue.

9. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

game was awesome. both running games were clicking. i had a huge gainer on a screen pass called back for holding with about 5 seconds left in the game. i almost threw my controller out the window. killer time for my first penalty lol.