Season 5 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -Cougars-, Jan 22, 2012.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Virginia wins their first game of the 2015 season against LSU 42-20. It looks like the Cavaliers were going to have a hard time beating the Tigers as Kenny Hilliard almost took the opening kick to the house as he broke multiple tackles but was stopped. Then the defense gave up a couple of long balls early in the game which left coach Duke scratching his head. But even though all that happened the Cavaliers had a GREAT offensive day as they had 406 total yards, 233 yards passing and 173 rushing. Rufus Weaver rushed for 115 yards on 18 attempts. David Watford went 19-24 for 233 yards and had 1 TD and threw 1 INT. The Cavaliers take on Purdue next week.

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Defense Dominates... Penn State Wins 62-3

#7 Penn State 62
    Oregon State 3

6 Turnovers... that is what the Penn State defense caused on the afternoon. They also had 3 scores of their own. The defense continued their dominance which they showed late last season. Even though they lost Dominic Holmes to the NFL, Adam Manning stepped in nicely, getting 3 sacks on his own. On the day, the defense was disruptive causing 6 sacks. The offense did well as well. Derrick Johnson and Ryan Moore combined for over 200 yards on the ground and first year starting QB Darrin McIntosh threw for over 200 yards and 2TDs. The game was over by halftime, so a lot of backups got playing time in the 2nd half. Overall, it was a great opening to the season. Penn State doesn't look like it is rebuilding... they have reloaded.

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Nebraska Thunders Over Marshall
    Huskers Win 45-14

Lincoln, NE- Nebraska opened up the 2015 season with a win over the Marshall Thundering Herd led by a new QB, a new RB and several new stars on defense. Nebraska rolled up 531 yards of offense, 363 on the ground, on the over matched MAC team. Adam Gore wanted everyone to know the offense wouldn't miss a beat with him in the starting role, and he lit Marshall up for 258 yards on only 13 carries and 3 TD.
    On the first play of the game Gore took a handoff, broke into the open field and showed the wheels that last years RB didn't have taking it 75 yards for a score. On the next drive Gore again took a hand off on the first play and went to the house. This time from 65 yards out. He scored again in the 2nd quarter from 38 yards out, and didn't play after that.
    The defense played very well racking up 6 sacks, 3 by Darryl Ruffin. Corey Burns made 6 tackles and a half sack from SS. Most of the starting defense took a rest in the second half, but the backups played well enough to keep Marshall in check.

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

fuzzyl0gic I could be wrong bc I can only check the site online right now but it shows me not playing any ACC games for out of conference.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kasper can you play tonight?

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I made the schedules. I saw no certain requests so I think I left it the way it was.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I never request, I just play whoever fuzzy gives me. I just thought it was a requirement to have out of conference user vs user games every season.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No that isn't the case, but everyone just enjoys user games which reminds me do you even have any now that I look back on it.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yeah
    yeah when works for you?

Just hop online and shoot me a message. If I don't answer text me at 605-350-1003

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

All I have is Purdue, Nebraska, and Iowa as far as user vs user games.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sounds like 3 losses IYAM

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I just counted and I have 7 user games this season.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I texted you...Let's throw down son

15. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Crushies, no?

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Sorry man, I had Cougs do the schedules and I forgot to tell him to give people 2 user games from the opposing conference even if they didn't explicitly request anyone.

^^ I forgot to tell you, but yeah, even if they don't request anything I always give them 2 user OOC games. You just gave Phil a much easier walk into the National Title game lol.

17. CoachRedd

What do you mean you forgot to tell Cougars to give people user games? Thats not a given? Cougars, you didnt know we usually do at least 2 user games for everyone?

And dont blame your moorehouse education on this either.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I guess I forgot to give him some. Everyone else got two or more user games except him my bad.

19. CoachRedd

I'm joking bro haha idgaf either way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh, lol I'm quite a gullible fella.

21. CoachRedd

guhllible* has a "h" in it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#21 Wake Forest 28
    vs Purdue 24

The Boilermakers look like a solid team this season, but a 21 point second half by the Deacons pushed them through to a victory. Wake QB Josh Grady was superb in his first game for the Deacs as he went 13-16 for 235 yards and 3 TDs. Orville Reynolds looked good to go coming off a broken shoulder last year, as the senior racked up 134 yards on 13 attempts, while adding a TD. Terrance Campbell had a good first game as well, catching 4 balls for 143 yards for a score, while Mark Bradley added 30 yards and a score on two catches, and Larry Miller snagging two balls for 30 yards and a score. TE Cameron Washington did a good job of working the middle, getting the game clinching first down as well. Freshman ROLB Daryl Little had 6 tackles and a big time late interception in his first collegiate game, and the 3 Freshman had a pretty good game considering they went up a good running attack.

Wake also got a commit from the #3 defensive end in the country, Calvin Everett.

GG JQwon13

• Like Like x 1
  23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

(y)

I really crapped this one away. Blew a 21-7, and then 24-14 lead. If i hadn't missed that damn field goal early in the 4th, that final drive i wouldn't have had to get into the end zone to win it.... Had my chances, just didn't capitalize.

Have to say, I was happy with my true freshman QBs performance. He went 16 of 30 for 228 yds and his only interception came on the final drive of the game.

24. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

are we advancing soon?
    half the league has a bye

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm going to get on and play my game in about an hour and I'll see who's left. Hopefully so.