Season 5 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 6, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 10

2013 Week 10!

Next advance deadline is:
    Friday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 Auburn (21)
    3 Florida
    6 Clemson
    7 VaTech
    11 Virginia
    12 UNC
    19 Tennessee
    20 Georgia
    22 Wake Forest
    23 FSU

NR Alabama, LSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

LSU at Alabama

What a game this could be. Both SEC West powers are struggling to be bowl eligible this year with LSU 3-5 and Bama 4-4. LSU's coming off a string of tough losses to Florida and Auburn while Bama is just trying to get things rolling week after week. Coach Dru is a tough guy to go up against so I like LSU to end their skid and get in the win column this week.

#20 Georgia vs #3 Florida

This game has been circled on Georgia's calendar for 360+ days. The Bulldogs had their season ruined last season as the Gators manhandled the Bulldogs on special teams. This year KR Frankie Hammond is gone but I don't expect to see the Dogs playing special teams the same way they did last year. This will be an interesting game with huge SEC implications. If UF wins, they'll have the East just about all wrapped up again. If UGA wins they'll have the inside track to Atlanta. This will be a real tough game. Will UF's freshman QBs be able to standup to the talented UGA defense???

Player of the Week

Tenn HB David Oku 27 car, 161 yds, 4 TDs, 2 rec, 18 yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    B. Allen WR Minn
    J. Reynolds WR OU
    P. Hall WR USC

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#6 Clemson - 69
    TCU - 10

Clemson wins but the story of the game was Senior QB Tajh Boyd, who put together a performance for the ages. Everyone at Clemson knew Boyd was a dual-threat but his performance against TCU was off the charts. Boyd passed for 300 yards and ran for 200 yards. Coach Beazus knew it was unsportsmanlike to keep Boyd in the game till the fourth quarter but decided to let his star QB make a run for the record books anyways. On the defensive side of the ball, save for two long TCU runs, the defense played outstanding, causing the Horned Frogs to put the ball on the ground 6 times. Next week, the Tigers play host to rival FSU.

Stats - Clemson

QB Tajh Boyd - 11/22 - 308 Yards - 5/0 (200 Yards Rushing - 1 TD)
    HB Roderick McDowell - 26 Attempts - 103 Yards - 3 TDs
    WR Nate Amos - 4 Receptions - 113 Yards - 3 TDs
    WR Javon King - 4 Receptions - 162 Yards - 2 TDs
    OLB Quandon Christian - 8 Tackles - 2 Forced Fumbles
    DE Malliciah Goodman - 8 Tackles - 3 Sacks
    OLB Derrick Perry - 7 Tackles - 3 Sacks - 2 Forced Fumbles
    CB Jamie Robets - 1 Interception

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#20 Georgia 6-2 (5-1) vs #3 Florida 7-1 (5-0)

Scoring Summary
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th End[/B]
    UGA 14 10 7 3 34
    UF 0 10 3 0 13

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UGA​
    UF​
    Score
    34​
    13​
    First Downs
    13​
    13​
    Total Offense
    355​
    226​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    24-71-2​
    23-70-0​
    Comp-Att-TD
    13-17-2​
    13-27-1​
    Passing Yards
    284​
    156​
    3rd Down Conv
    1-5(20)​
    5-11(45)​
    Turnovers
    0​
    1​
    Possesion
    13:42​
    14:52​

Passing Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Player Cmp Att Yards TD INT[/B]
    Z Metenberger 12 16 265 2 0
    M Price 12 26 138 1 1

Rushing Stats
    Player Att Yards Avg TD[/B]
    C Crawford 13 73 5.6 2
    M Price 14 58 4.1 0

Receiving Stats
    Player Cth Yards Avg TD[/B]
    D Cox 4 82 20.5 1
    M Gillislee 5 42 8.4 0

Jacksonville, FL-- With the inside track to the SEC title game on the line the Georgia Bulldogs mad a statement today. After a slow start and an absence by their coach and season ending injury to their starting quarterback Georgia had dropped to #20 in the polls and out of national title talk. Today they reminded the nation though that this is a very dangerous team.

Things started out bad for the Dawgs as senior quarterback Zack Mettenberger went down on the first drive with an injury. Junior quarterback Will Robinson came in and used a short passing game and his legs to lead Georgia down the field. The drive was capped on a 21 yard touchdown run by freshman half back Chris Crawford on a perfectly executed option play.

After stopping the Gator offense Mettenberger returned to the huddle and Georgia's precision offense went to work. Mettenberger completed his first 8 passes of the game, including a 27 yard touchdown pass to Orson Charles. Charles was able to find the hole in the zone and was able to hold on to the ball as the safety arrived just a step late.

Florida responded well behind the legs of their freshman phenom Mark Price. The Gators worked their way down the field on a long drive that ended in Price throwing a 10 yard pass to his receiver Davis. It only took Georgia a minute on the clock to answer as DJ Cox caught a quick pass and bounced off the safety outrunning the defense for a 42 yard touchdown helping to set up a 24 to 10 Georgia lead at the half.

The play slowed down in the second half as the Georgia offense's main concern was to hold on to the ball and protect their three score lead. On defense the Bulldogs kept the freshman quarterback guessing as he struggled to find open receivers. There were a lot of drops when Florida had the ball both by the Gator receivers and the Georgia defensive backs. Georgia has a tough game against Auburn left, and a win will all but guarantee a spot in the SEC title game.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

North Carolina State - 34
    Florida State - 56

Good bounce back win after last weeks debacle against Maryland. My offense was clicking from the get go, both on the ground and through the air. Prior had a big day, going over 200 yards with 3 TD's. Secord had an equally impressive day, throwing 4 TD passes of his own. The defense was still a bit shell shocked aparently from last week as they gave up a bunch of big plays.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wow good win Cole.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

LSU 35
    Bama 7

Frustrating game for the Tide. My WR's had 7 drops and my QB had 3 picks, one of which was my fault. It seemed as if all the bounces were going LSU's way. When i was on offense, I had a tipped ball that was picked off. But when LSU had a ball tipped their WR caught it for a TD.

GG Dru

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yeah, good game ceewo, and I agree the bounces were all going the tigers way on this day. The opening tipped INT was a bang-bang play that I've never come seen happen before that fast, and the pass your corner tipped that my WR caught was fortuitous.

I plan on posting some stats from the game tonight, I had another OD game I needed to get in last night after this one so I ran out of time.

8. Beazus Christ

Using the word "fortuitous" before 8 am cst? U FUCKING NERD!

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was curious if anyone would catch that I threw that in there. I've been reading books with big words lately....:D

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I saw t when I got up this morning but had "no comment"

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That should cost him recruiting hours or something....lame!!!

12. Beazus Christ

Don't make me dust off the ole dictionary!

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

#12 UNC Struggles with a crappy 1-7 BC team

BC (playing @ UNC) went into the half, up 17-10. After 3 they were leading 17-16. In the 4th, they got INT happy and threw the game away (literally) giving UNC a 34-24 victory. UNC HB Dallas Kirk returned, but he was only probable and I think that he was still feeling the effects of the injury that kept him out 3 games because he didn't play great.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UVA takes down WF and new coach

Unfortunately for the Demon Decans, they ran into a UVA team who's hot right now, coming off a big win over UNC and now taking down #22 Wake Forest.

FR-RB Mike Green, who has been taking over for star RB Dominique Wallace had his best game ever. He rushed for 239 yards and 2TD's on 18 carries in a huge effort, breaking off two big runs with his longest a 78 yard scamper in the 3rd quarter. "I only dreamt of having a game like this...it was just surreal," said Green.

SR-QB Ross Metheny was great as well, throwing for 245 yards and 4TD's on the game.

UVA did struggle with WF's aerial assault in which produced 334 yards through the air but they managed to pick off JR-QB Marcel Stewart 3 times in the win.

GG Dylan, good find in the new Wake coach Gators.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Hokie is on vacation correct.... he is only one left, so if he is flip this shizzzzzzzzz

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Coach DCD described his first Southern Exposure game as "overwhelming" after getting drubbed by The Cavaliers and their relentless run game 44-10. After the Demon Deacons turned the ball over for the fourth time, WF looked overwhelmed indeed.

With 30 freshman, most rated 2 star and below, DCD has his work cut out for him if he wants to contend for the conference crown anytime soon.

"We're still looking for someone to step up and be our leader going into the future. Right now, no one's job is safe."