Season 5 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 1, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 20
    Penn St. 3

Michigan gets it done defensively over the #3 team in the nation to keep it's undefeated season alive. Penn St. would drive down the field with ease for the most part, and then get stopped at the 4 and forced to a 4th and goal. Penn St. would elect to take the field goal and go up 3-0. Michigan would not be able to keep their drive alive and ended up punting. On the next series though, Penn St. was forced to throw their first pass of the game, and it was picked off by Howell and had a nice return. Michigan would settle for a field goal of it's own and that's how we'd go into the half, 3-3. Michigan would receive to start the second half and come out swinging with a 20 yard TD run by David Harrison. Penn St. must have felt some pressure because on their first play, they threw the ball and it was picked off by FS Nick Callahan. Michigan would get a field goal and make it 13-3. Penn St. would get into field goal range again and on a 4th and 1, they decided to go for it and the QB was sacked. Michigan would convert that into a 66 yard run from David Harrison. They'd force a few more turnovers, and eventually kneel out on the 2 yard line to take a huge B1G win down.

Key Stat: 4 interceptions by the Michigan defense

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Masler I may hop on for a little bit tonight but I won't have enough time to get a game in. Tomorrow night I should be good to go though I'll be home from work around 530 or 6.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I work at 6. Can you go after 10pm est?

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Poor QB Play Dooms Nittany Lions

#2 Michigan 20
    #3 Penn State 3

McIntosh had one of those games. After playing well for most of the season, the McIntosh from the beginning of the season showed up in one of the biggest games of the year. Penn State was able to drive down the field in their first drive, behind the legs of Moore and Johnson. They had to settle for a FG to go up 3-0. The PSU defense played very well to start the game, forcing a 3 and out on Michigan's first drive. The QB woes started following the punt. After being shut down on the run, McIntosh threw his first pick on the day. The defense played tough and forced a FG to go into the half 3-3.

Michigan moved down the field with ease in their first drive of the half, that ended with a 20 yard TD run by Harrison. Penn State tried to surprise UM with a pass, but it was badly thrown and intercepted by the Michigan FS. Michigan's drive stalled on their side of the field and kicked another FG to go up 13-3. Penn State was able to move down the field again by great running by Johnson. Instead of taking the points with an easy field goal, PSU decided on a PA pass. Wade the TE was open, but McIntosh was sacked before he could get the ball off. The next play Harrison took it to the house 66 yards. McIntosh would throw 2 more INTs in the game, but Michigan ran out the clock.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Ohio State folds to Wisconsin at Columbus 61-7

My offense was horrible. Ohio State shut me down! Didnt help that Gordon was knocked out of it sometime in the middle. Mayo did manage to hit Taylor on two scores but still was only 43% and had 2 INTs and took 4 sacks. Gordon was limited to a 2.9 YPC average before he left. Rogers broke of a 24 yard run but otherwise was 4 for 9.

But nothing changed anywhere else. Defense and special teams killed it again. lead by the Freshman Scott Fitzpatrick. A monster game with 2 picks, 2 TDs and a FF. Safety Scott Brown was in the right place at the rigth time on a tipped ball short INT. Erik Jamison made a nice athletic grab on an interception and Terrence Floyd undercut a route for an easy 29 yard pick 6. Steven Fisher continued to play on fire with 2 more sacks in this one and forcing a late fumble that Steve Carlton picked up at the 1 and fell into the endzone for another defensive score, the 4th of the game. But it wasnt just the defense scoring. Kenzel Doe yet again took a kick 99 yards for another score. the OSU deep punts were killign them as Brown used his speed all game. He took one punt back 70+ yards to score but a clipping call brought it back but he still managed a seperate 46 yard return and 148 yards on the game. And the freshman Kicker showed his big boot. He managed to top Fitzpatrick for the POTG award with his 4 FGs from 22, 44, 54 and a new career long 61.

The combine 2 teams only managed 427 yards of offense, 198 from wisconsin

7. hornfaninbama

Ya I can go anytime tomorrow night. We had friends over for dinner tonight.

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Holy crap... 61-7 against Heisman OSU... ;\

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nice win Oshi

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Did you have a strong wind for that 61 yard kick?

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

3 mph
    When I play users, I'm gonna rely big time on his leg. Basically in fg range at the 45. Love it
    But I'd like my offense to help out more. The game vs penn st is gonna be huge

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson cruises past rival Florida St:
    Clemson's offense stays on fire beating the Seminoles 49-24 at home. WR Charone Peake and RB Shane Jackson started things off the first quarter to establish an ealry 14-0 lead. Peake scored off a 38 yard TD pass from QB Tony McNeal and Jackson scored on a 5 yard TD rush. Early in the second quarter Jackson got injured and did not return to pave the way for backup RB Brian Anderson's big day. In only three quarters of play Anderson racked up 215 yds on 22 carries with 4 TDs. The Tiger offense racked up 504 yards, 21 first downs, 7/13 on 3rd down conversions, and averaged 6.5 yards a carry.

On defense Clemson was able to contain the Seminoles running game to only 79 yards, and only gave up 307 yards in the air. The defense came to play lighting up the offense forcing two fumbles and intercepting the ball twice. FS Freddie Hackett was all over the field making 9 total tackles and forced a fumble. Lets hope the Tigers can stay on fire as they take Wake Forest at Death Valley next week!

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sawemoff I think you will have to play the cpu next week. I'm heading out if town a day early

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

But, but, but :(

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

What is his kick power? Damn!

16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

My freshman kickers are 98 and 95. My sophomore punter is 99
    Add in kenzel doe and Scott brown in the return games and Wisconsin rules special teams :)

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Guess we will be in week 11 tomorrow

18. fuzzyl0gic

It will be around midnight, after the Nebraska/MSU game.

19. fuzzyl0gic

When are you leaving? I'm advancing around midnight est tonight.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Already have.

EDIT: let sawemoff and -Cougars- have this one season Fuzzy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Psh, that's child's play...Freakin Philstyle3005 hit a freaking 66 yard FG against me.

22. fuzzyl0gic

23. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

doin mine now

24. hornfaninbama

GG Masler. You'll get MSU turned around quickly.

25. hornfaninbama

Nebraska Beats Spartans
    Huskers Improve To 7-2
    Lincoln,NE- Nebraska rode Adam Gore and an efficient Bubba Starling to a big win over Michigan State. Gore carried 30 times for 219 yards and 1 TD. He also scored on a 32 yard screen pass to put Nebraska ahead 10-7 going into halftime. Starling was 10-13 for 151 yards 2 TD and 2 interceptions.
    Nebraska's defense held MSU to 54 yards rushing on 29 attempts, intercepted 2 passes, and came up with 5 sacks. MSU was held in check most of the game on offense except for 2 long passes. David White and George Peterson came up with the picks, Peterson stopped a scoring threat by pulling one down in the endzone.
    For most of the day Gore was bottled up. He was moving the chains and picking up yardage, but the whole crowd wanted to witness the explosive RB break off a long run and in the 4th he delivered the goods. Gore took an inside handoff, slipped a tackle from a defensive lineman and went 62 yards to ice the game. He's gone over 1500 yards for the season.