Season 5 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 9, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 11

2013 Week 11!

Next advance deadline is:
    Monday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 Auburn (21)
    4 Clemson
    5 VaTech
    8 Virginia
    9 Florida
    11 UNC
    17 Georgia
    19 Tennessee
    22 FSU

NR Alabama, LSU, WF

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#22 FSU at #4 Clemson

Big ACC matchup on tap this week as two of the most talented teams in the conference square off. FSU brings a rugged and tough ground attack into this one led by Lonnie Pryor. Clemson is no stranger to the running game though as they are the #1 offense in all categories except passing (they still have the advantage in this game). From a purely statistical standpoint, Clemson owns the Noles this year. From a talent rating, the Noles are the better team on paper. Why haven't they been able to produce like the Tigers??? It's anyones guess. At least this weekend, they'll get to show what their made of. I like the Tigers at home in this one.

Player of the Week

Clem QB Tajh Boyd 11/20, 308 yds, 21 car, 200 yds 6 Total TDs (Stat Whore!!!)

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    B. Allen WR Minn
    J. Reynolds WR OU
    D. Wilson HB VT

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

I know but I looked at the stats at the middle of 3 and he was close so I said fuck it ill get him a 300-200 game...haha

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LSU gets a relatively easy win over Miami 42-14. Just finishing out the string. I think if I win the next game I make the Tigers bowl eligible.

4. GoGators

You probably pissed Noles off by jumping Aycock in the heisman race.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Bronze award or Crystal award? That is z question.... Ill take crystal over bronze! :D

6. GoGators

Just beat Georgia so I can kick your ass in the SEC CG again and ruin your crystal dreams!!!

7. KnightNoles

Not this time... Prob best team I have had

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Probably so but...

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am gone for 1 week and I have moved up to #5.....it will be an interesting finish to this season as there are several possibilities for BCS title game.

10. GoGators

Yeah dude you better watch out. That interim coach is after your job!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FSU - 42
    Clemson - 32

5 picks and Lonnie Pryor killed Clemson. Really, only 3 runs hurt the Clemson defense but it was enough for the Noles to hang on and win in Death Valley. Clemson dominated pretty much every stat in this game but the turnovers. We had one (a pick 6 on the 1st play of the game) and Clemson had 5. Good game Beazus. Lets do it again next season!!!

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff. Huge game on tap for next week in the ACC as two top 10 teams will be playing in VaTech and UVA.

13. Hokie Effect

That means there will be a 3 way tie with Wake, FSU, and Clemson in the Atlantic. Curious how that will play out. And yes the UVA vs VT game is big with next week's winner should win the Coastal side.

14. GoGators

Vandy 7
    #9 UF 34

The Gators struggled early against Vandy, but poured it on late. The Gators led 17-7 at halftime thanks largely to Anthony Johnson's TD pass to end the first half. QB Mark Price got the start, but struggled at times today. That gave Johnson the opportunity to step in but he wasn't quite in game shape. Besides his TD pass, he threw an INT and wasn't very effective overall. Thankfully, Trey Burton returned from injury and he took over the reigns in the second half and helped the Gators offense get rolling going 4/6, 51 yds, 2 TDs, and adding 53 yards on the ground as the player of the game.

The Gators will be anxiously awaiting next Saturday as they become huge Auburn Tiger fans as the Bulldogs and Tigers square off in a game that will determine the Gators fate this season. Go Tigers!!!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think Wake has the tie-breaker, beating both FSU and Clemson.

16. Hokie Effect

Didn't realize that and if thats the case.....Wow!!! Nobody would have predicted that at the beginning of the year. I bet you wish you could replay that Maryland game huh?!?

17. KnightNoles

How many losses does UGA have in the SEC?

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow. Just completely writing the Heels off huh? I'm assuming that you knew that VT has to beat both UVA and UNC, you're just assuming that the win over UNC is a given (although I must say that I don't blame you for making that assumption).

19. Hokie Effect

I do realize I would have to beat both UVA and UNC. My brain says UVA will beat me anyway so thats where I was coming from. My heart says I will beat UVA, so if I do stumble past UVA than on paper it should be agiven that I beat UNC, but I will worry about that after the UVA game.

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Apparently coach Hokie has never heard of "bulletin board material."

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    my team is Doin this on pure heart because the talent level really isn't close to the top ACC programs. UNC has taken down big dawgs hokie, don't count them out.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Virginia- 45, GT- 0

In a tune up before the big game against their rivals in Virginia Tech, Virginia shut down the GT offense and shut them out completely in a domination on the field. UVA really wasn't on their A game offensively but the team effort combined was an A. Ross Metheny took the P.O.G honors with 274 yards passing and 2TD's.

23. KnightNoles

might be able to advance tonight... Im goin to go grab somethin to eat then play my game and then Cheesedip will be the only one left.

24. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

im not home tonight, so i cant get my game until tomorrow, and i wont get home until 10PM EST, so can i have like just an hour extension from the 10PM deadline?

25. KnightNoles

Auburn 66
    Mississippi 24

Team 1 2 3 4 F
    Miss 14 14 0 0 28
    Aub 7 17 28 14 66

I didn't notice that Dontae had 7 TDs until I looked at the game stats afterwards. I had no clue, if you want me to replay it I will. It just happens he got the ball every time I was inside the 10. It wasnt like he was touching the ball every play either he only had 24 carries

Mississippi kept it close through the first half and actually played like a real trap game. The Auburn Tigers were chewed out at half and put up 42 points in the second half compared to the Rebels ZERO. Tyrik Rollison went 19-31 for 506 yards TD INT. Dontae Aycock rushed 24 times 156 yards 7 TDs. Jamar Paris caught 7 balls 243 yards TD and Blake caught 6 for 117 yards.