Season-5 Week-12 game of the week

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Randiesel75, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The Experience
    Season-5 Week-12
    Game of the Week

[​IMG]

#23 Tennessee (Darkwing)​
    LSU (Dwreck)​

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this week featured in The Experience we have a user matchup of 2 SEC greats going at it. This week we have Tennessee traveling to LSU in a battle hotly contested as oFNG v FNG. Both teams are at 5-4 on the season with Tennessee sitting a bit higher in the SEC after securing the better in-conference record (2-3 v 1-4).

[​IMG]

The below numbers are the user v user game records captured this season (season-5) for both LSU and Tennessee. While both teams have already played three of their scheduled user games this season, unfortunately Tennessee only played against two of the three users. In week-5, coach Randiesel and the Huskies were unable to make the matchup against Tennessee (noted below).

LSU ==>

1. week-2
      LSU 16
      Stanford 7
    2. week-5
      LSU 0
      Georgia 31
    3. week-8
      LSU 24
      Northwestern 17
    Tennessee ==>

1. week-3
      Tennessee 37
      Northwestern 13
    2. week-5 (v CPU)
      Tennessee 23
      Washington 6
    3. week-7
      Tennessee 13
      Georgia 45
    For this matchup, I went ahead and pulled what I thought was interesting data from both of these teams. This data should assist everyone in being able to make a decision on the favorite for this matchup. That's right, the purpose of this thread is for The Experiencemembers to place their bets on the favorite for this season-5 week-12 game of the week.

Ok, now for the data. The first data set was pulled from the LSU and Tennessee rosters on all players with a 90 or above overall player rating.

LSU ==>
    [​IMG]

Tennessee ==>
    [​IMG]

The second data set was pulled from the stats leader and filtered for both LSU and Tennessee. For consistency, offense was sorted via TDs while defense INTs.

Rushing leaders ==>
    [​IMG]

Receiving leaders ==>
    [​IMG]

Passing leaders ==>
    [​IMG]

Defensive leaders ==>
    [​IMG]

Personally, I think this turns out to be a very close game. A game that comes down to the 4th quarter where the defense comes up big. The INT numbers for LSU are crazy and I have my eye on LSU ROLB Trevon Randle. After 12 weeks, Trevon Randle has some great numbers (INT, Sacks, Tackles for Loss, Tackles) and it would not surprise me if he brings home the game ball.

My pick, Tennessee 35 and LSU 31.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

FYI...Randall is still going to be out another 6 weeks (he has been out 4 already) with a broken ankle.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I gotta go with the more talented team (I think LSU is probably the 2nd best user team in the OD). LSU 27 - UT 14

• Like Like x 1
  4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Devrin Young is a beast. He racked up a bunch of yards when I played against the CPU when Darkwing was in NYC. I think the injury to Randall hurts LSU and Tennesse will pull off the big road win.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Dwreck
    Darkwing

When is this game being played? Any chance it can be broadcasted?

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, I missed that piece when pulling data. He will definitely be missed by LSU as he seems a heavy force for the defense.

7. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I will give it shot if you give me instructions on how to do it. Still waiting to hear back from Darkwing on a good time to play. I am hoping for this afternoon/evening because I work from 6am-10pm tomorrow and then it's off for New Years Eve drinks.

8. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Not having Randall and his running ability hurt, but Terrence Bell is no slouch (94 OVR) and actually fits my playing style a little more. LSU is significantly better at home with the tough crowd.

LSU - 27
    Tennessee - 21

9. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Great piece here Randiesel (y)

I have nothing against it being broadcasted if Dwreck can pull it off.
    As for us playing Dwreck, I've responded in the game scheduling thread

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm taking the home team here. Not sure what the spread is, but I'd set LSU as a 7 point favorite.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I wasn't too far off with the final of 37-10.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Dwreck
    Darkwing

Fellas, so besides seeing the score, what happened in this games? Any highlights or game changers that you can share?

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I am going to get the summary up tomorrow when I can get to a computer to view the wire. Lot's of defense on both sides. Neither one of us could sustain drives, but it seemed like I had the better field position most of the game due to special teams. I had a couple long running plays that were really my whole offense. My D picked off 6 passes (returned 1 for a TD) which was the main difference maker.