Season 5 Week 12

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by hornfaninbama, Mar 10, 2014.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Utah Stomps Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Ducks Sunk 56-21

Salt Lake City, UT- Utah fans in attendance for Senior Day got a special treat Saturday, 3 games in one. Early on there was an Oregon blowout, then a Utah comeback, and finally a Utah Blowout.

Oregon started off very hot, forcing 4 1st quarter turnovers and taking a very quick 21-0 lead. Utah looked like they would get back into the game when Matt Harris took off on a scramble down 21-0, but he lowered his head to try and break the plane, and coughed up the ball at the Oregon 2 yard line. The ball bounced into the endzone and was recovered by the Ducks for a touchback. Oregon mounted a quick drive that saw them move all the way to the Utah 1 before being stopped short on a 4th and goal. From that point forward it was all Utah.

Utah went on a huge roll: 56 straight points, 730 total yards, 430 yards rushing, 300 yards passing, 2 forced turnovers, and the defense held Oregon to 258 yards of offense. "I told our guys that being down 21-0 the game was over. I told them they didn't work hard enough through the week, and we got our butts whipped, and they should just give up. I think that fired our guys up a little bit and made them want to fight. They surprised me with the way they responded. I'm proud of them."

Matt Harris had his first 300/100 game. He threw for exactly 300 yards on 21/27 passing for 1 TD and 2 interceptions. Utah had 3 players top the 100 yard mark in the rushing game; McCormick racked up 147 yards on 22 carries, Harris had 123 on 24 carries, and Richard Lee had 114 on 10 carries. In addition to the success running the ball Utah also had Peter Haley top the 100 yard mark with 7 catches for 115 yards.

The defense forced 2 turnovers by Oregon's offense; an interception by Mokofisi and a crazy fumble recovery by Gaius Vaenuku. Mokofisi's interception came on a slant route when he stepped in front of the receiver coming across the middle. The fumble came on a zone play out of the shotgun. Oregon RB Tyner took the handoff and split the defense, he tried to leap over a fallen defender only to have FS Lee Perkins give him a hard shot. Tyner flipped and appeared to be coming down on his head until he reached his arms out to brace his fall and threw the ball forward. Vaenuku picked it up and the 300 pounder rumbled for 12 yards before being pushed out of bounds.

Oregon will play Washington State next week for the chance to get their 8th win, before taking on Colorado in their final regular season game.

2. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

[​IMG]
    North Texas blanked UTEP 24-0 in a ball controlled manner. NT held the ball for 22:37 to only 9:23 for the Miners. North Texas put up 376 yards of offense including 203 on the ground. QB D. Reid threw for 2 TDs one to Z. Hobbs in the 1st Qtr to make it 7-0 and the other in the second Qtr to M. Ateman to make it 14-0 at the half. Reid also rushed for 1 TD in the beginning of the 4th to go up 21-0. Finally A. Cade added a 28 yard FG to bring the final to 24-0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1