Season 5 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 12, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 12

2013 Week 12!

Next advance deadline is:
    Thursday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 Auburn (24)
    4 VaTech
    6 Virginia
    7 Florida
    9 UNC
    10 Clemson
    15 Georgia
    19 Tennessee
    20 FSU

NR Alabama, LSU, WF

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

In a rare move, Wake Forest Coach DirtyCashDylan has jumped ship and taken a job with Maryland mid season. It's a rare move, but at this point in the virtual world, it was something he felt had to be done. Good luck with the turtles!

#2 Auburn at #15 Georgia

Wow Wow Wow!!!! What a game this will be. Georgia is on a roll and looks to knock off #2 Auburn when they come to Athens this weekend. Coach Noles is on a mission, seeking his first SEC championship and BCS CG birth. Statistically, this one is hands down in favor of Auburn. They lead all offensive categories and are #1 in the nation in TO margin, a huge component of Coach Noles Plan to Win. Unfortunately for Auburn, UGA brings more than just an ugly mascot to this one. They're bringing a defense that is far better than Auburns, but the question will be, can they shutdown the Tigers offense?

UGA will need to slow down heisman candidate Aycock if they want to win this one. They probably won't be able to rely on the turnover margin since UGA is a pedestrian +1 this season in the category. I never get these right it seems so I'm going to go ahead and put the hex on Georgia. I like Coach Cole and the Dawgs by 7.5.

#4 VT at #6 Virginia

Nothing like some good ole interstate hatred when these two teams square off this weekend. Both teams sport the same record and have their backs against the wall in this one to try and make their way to a BCS game. The Cavaliers are greatly outmatched in this one on paper as the Hokies look to dominate all categories statistically and talent wise. However, ask Coach Jello how that worked out for him. Lee and Kirk are both taking the Hokies on the road, but I'm not sold on that one. Coach MoGriff has some extreme motivation this week and I think he'll have his team amped up and ready to play. I like the Cavs by 13.5.

Player of the Week

Aub HB Dontae Aycock, 24 car, 156 yds, 7 TDs, 2 rec 85 yds (I hope you and Beazus enjoy each others company on Stat Whore Island!!! Sluts!)

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    D. Allen QB OU
    D. Wilson HB VT

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL stat whore island? lulz...

big games this week that will clear the landscape of the two championships.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well regardless of a loss Auburn will still be in ATL for the SEC champ, the national title game most likely will be lost though

4. GoGators

Yeah, stat whore island. Ya know......

[​IMG]

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    VT- 41, UVA- 38

Supposedly the better team won but I'm assured that the better team lost this one. We overcame the option in the 1st half, shut it down in the 2nd half and made this come down to the wire. With about 2 minutes or so to go, VT around our 36 yard line decide to go for it. LAst time they were around the same territory, they tried a fake FG but it didn't work. this time they went for it, Exum scrambled out to his left and I was caught in a catch 22, I commit, he's throwing, I don't he's running and zigging for a 1st...I decide to sit and wait for him...he throws it to Wilson who catches the ball for a 1st down. Next down, he runs for a nice gain of about 9 yards ( was trying to let him score at this point) but VT kneels twice to waste my timeouts and kicks a FG.

Last second desperate attempts failed to win this one. Once I figured out the option and how VT was running it, UVA was going to win. But keeping Exum in the pocket was difficult to do since he's faster than all but one of my defenders. I got MJD'd at the end there and it was good measure, i was sure to take VT down if he didn't milk the clock:). The magical ride is over for the Cavs, who literally are playing with mid-major type talent and going toe to toe with the big boys. I'm predicting big things for UVA next year with some good talent AKA speed coming in :).

In the end, the better athletes won :)...gg Hokie

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Damn. Mo's game is slipping. He must be hanging out with that new billionare swinger, slash Nets owner. Well done Mo. Tell him to send his jet to Sky Harbor in Phoenix and I will pack my bags right now.

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

What's "MJD'd"?

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Maurice Jones Drew

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah the better team on paper won, but you were obviously better on the sticks, Thats what I meant.

Decent recap, but you forgot to mention the string of 60+yd plays we each had in the first half. We were on pace to clipse 100 points each. You are now a huge Tarheel fan now....if they win you win the division.

10. DirtycashDylan

ah yes :)

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah hokie those were killer. Exum broke two and Wilson broke one. It was frustrating I almost broke my controller!

Cole, this team blows man lol. I'm lucky to be in a position I am in now. Check my roster!

12. DirtycashDylan

Yeah I felt like a jerk off after you kicked my ass and I complained about my talent and then looked at your roster.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Actually, you're wrong again. You beat me, you're ACC Coastal champ. I beat you, I'm ACC Coastal champ unless I do the unthinkable and lose to 1-8 Duke this week. Of course, I don't know how unthinkable it is since I've really, really struggled with 1 win Maryland and 1 win Boston College. Man! First you guarantee a victory over me, then you don't even give me the title if by some miracle I win. I think I'm going to have to install more bulletin boards in the locker room to fit all of Hokie's quotes for my guys!

On a separate note, there's something I've always wondered. How is it that Exum got to be a QB in our league? Was he position changed (and if so, why was that allowed) or was he originally a QB on our rosters? I know on the other rosters that I've used in my other ODs and offline dynasty he's a safety and I checked VT's roster on espn and he's a safety there too.

14. Hokie Effect

I can possibly explain the Exum thing. As you know the rosters were f'd up at the begining, they were pretty much the same roster the previous year with a few additions. #3 on last years game was SR Ike Whitaker who was a QB the year before but moved to WR, so he had better QB ratings then WR ratings. EA left #3 WR on the game this year and just changed him to a FR, when we were naming the rosters making him Exum made sense, since Exum played QB in high school and was recruited as a ATH. He has since been moved to FS in "real life". So long story short, I changed #3 Exum to QB his SO year since he was rated alot higher as a QB versus a WR. There isn't a position change restriction for QB's, plus he is rated higher at that position so it made sense.

15. Hokie Effect

16. jello1717

Wow! I can't believe that this league has no restrictions on position changing a 90 SPD DB or WR to QB. That would never, ever fly if I tried to do that with my Michigan team team! And the "he was rated higher at that position" argument doesn't really fly (in my book at least). Tons of LBs would be rated higher as DEs or DTs, but that doesn't mean that we can say "he's rated higher as a DT so it makes sense."

17. Hokie Effect

I guess we will be looking for new rule changes for changing player positions next season. Too bad nothing was said until Exum's senior season?!?!

18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If the DB or WR has reasonable throwing attributes (both THP and THA in the mid 70's or higher) I don't see the problem with moving a guy to QB from one of those other positions. There are several QB's in the initial rosters with speeds in the 88+ range and there have been several recruits at the QB positions in the OD's I've been in that are similarly athletic.

To be honest, if someone moves a guy with **** throwing attributes to QB merely for speed reasons, shouldn't that make the offense easier to defend? I'd rather face a QB with 90 speed and 75 THA than a QB with 85 speed and 85 THA any day of the week.

19. jello1717

I agree. In my other dynasty we have to post all position changes so this wouldn't have happened there. I don't know anything about VT so the only reason that I noticed it is because in year 2013 of that dynasty I saw that Exum was PotW as a safety and thought "what the hell?" You certainly pulled a fast one on us and got away with it.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How did he pull a fast one? He followed all the rules.

My starting quarterback next I'm pretty sure was moved from a skill position before I took over, 91SPD, 84THP/THA. I am not excited at all to use this scrub.

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think saying that 'he pulled a fast one' on the league is a bit unfair. According to the SE rules (and the rules of nearly every TF league) there are no restrictions on speed for moving a player to QB.

You guys in the OFFL leagues are more strict in recruiting and position changes. Obviously, I wasn't here for when this happened, but according to the rules as they are stated in the main thread, Hokie didn't break any rules in moving the guy.

22. GoGators

Yeah, Hokie didn't pull a fast one by any measure. Moving a player to QB is the risk people take if he can't play the position. I did it myself when I recruited a ATH who was 91 spd with a decent arm. Unfortunately, he never developed so he's since been moved back to WR.

Also, to complain and say that the speed is too high is ridiculous. Out of the box, Pryor and the QB from Baylor were like 90 or 91 spd guys. Heck, Russell Shephard is like a 92 I think.

And lastly, why would it be complained about now? You've been playing VaTech for a couple seasons knowing full well what Exum's ratings were.

23. jello1717

I apologize for saying he pulled a fast one. There weren't any restrictions here so what he did was legal. It's just something I wouldn't have done, but by the rules, it was fine.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL to be fair, I'd rather have my team than the Wake team you started with...they were horrid!

And that's weird that I don't have a chance to win this thing.

I'm 6-2 in CONF but I lost to Clemson who's in the other division. My only other division loss is to VaTech. I beat UNC who if they beat VaTech would win. Basically the divisions are there for show and don't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

25. jello1717

As I wrote earlier, I didn't know he wasn't originally a QB until very recently. You'll notice I never complained about Shephard because he's actually a QB. Had Shephard been a WR who was position changed, I would've complained about him too.