Season 5 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 3, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Damn that was fast!

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

the week is here.
    Wisco vs Penn State
    According to the awards lists, this game has:
    #2 on the Heisman
    #2 on Maxwell
    #2 on Walter Camp
    #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 on Bednarik
    #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #10 on Nagurski
    #2 on Walker
    #10 on Biletnikoff
    #1, #2, #3, #6 on Lombardi
    #1, #2, #3 on Butkus
    #7, #9 on Thorpe
    #1 on Groza
    #1, #3 on Guy
    #1, #5, #6 on Moss

Even tho a lot of this is a few players many times, our two teams are dominating defenses

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

that was fast as hell

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Tigers drum Eagles:

In yet another dominating performance by the defense the Clemson offense also went another week without turning the ball over. Clemson racked up almost 400 yards of offense where 260 of them came on the ground. Four Tigers had 50 or more yards on the ground and combined for 5 TDs. RB Shane Jackson got hurt early with a torn shoulder and will miss the rest of the season, but FR Brian Anderson came in and took over scoring 4 TDs. Jackson will be missed but Anderson and company feel they still have the ability to wreck havoc on the ground.

The defense caused 3 turnovers for another week and the backups got another half of playing time. The front four dominated the Eagles OL and was able to get the QB five times, including an early sack which lead to a safety. FS Freddie Hackett, SS Corey Dennis, and DT DeShawn Williams combined for 4 forced fumbles but their teammates were only able to recover 2. To cap off the game backup FS Marco Mitchell picked the ball off and ran it in from 45 yards out as time expired.

Thug U is next and after the scare last year Clemson will look to take them out early.

FINAL SCORE: 60-14

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzy can you wait to advance til tomorrow? I have some recruiting I have to do and I missed last week-- also I can't access the dynasty online so I can't do it from my computer.

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

This should be one helluva game.

EDIT: I mistakenly said you had #1 on Walter Camp and such... that was Nebraska. Ooops.

I bet he is a very smart football player. :p

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Ah shit, ooops lol

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

When do you wanna play?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've had a busier than expected day. Will try to play after work tonight or tomorrow before the SB

EDIT: Work called me off. I will be playing now.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Michigan State fights back in miraculous fashion

#24 Michigan State - 42

Minnesota - 27

Would you believe Minnesota lead 27-0 in the first half? Cook would throw 4 interceptions, his usual 97 Throw Accuracy was not present today as he would constantly overthrow receivers or pretend the defender was his receiver. It's not like Minnesota was very accurate either, throwing 4 INT of their own. He was pulled at halftime for backup Richard and this kid wouldn't do much better but he would throw a touchdown. We managed to get a score in right before halftime. With us getting the ball after the break we needed to score, but luck wasn't on my side as we went 3 and out. But then luck was on our side as Minnesota also went three and out, giving us another chance. This time we went on the ground and boy did it pay off, allowing us to only be down by 13. The defense was finally playing like they should, shutting down the Gophers and giving the ball back to our rushing attack. We never let our foot off the gas, even when we had a 28-27 lead, Richard would throw a 98 yard TD pass. The game would be finalized with a 7 yd TD run by Mitchell. This game just goes to show you can never give up because anything can happen in college football. Surprising fact is MSU only lost the turnover battle 5 to 6 (-1).

Masler after the game: "All of the interceptions were really frustrating me but I kept telling myself and the team that there was no way we were losing to a team who hasn't won in conference. Looks like that paid off in the end."

Sparty gets their 6th win and achieve a personal goal of Coach Masler's by becoming bowl eligible. Up next: Indiana

Stats

B. Richard - 6/14, 197 yards, TD, 2 INT
    C. Mitchell - 29 Att, 154 yards, 2 TD
    O. Johnson - 12 Att, 72 yards, 2 TD
    D. Lee - 3 Rec, 149 yards, TD
    B. Little - 9 Tackles, 3 TFL, Sack
    T. Jones - 7 Tackles, TFL, FF, FR
    E. Fields - 2 Tackles, 2 INT, 4 Deflections
    A. Sims - 2 FR

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic

13. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Oshiomogho wanna play now?

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Im making something to eat, ill be ready in a few tho

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Oshiomogho I'm on now. Wanna just plan for 7:15?

16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

sounds good

17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

For the first time in my history at UW and in as long as I can remember, Wisconsin is going for the whiteout today vs PSU. all white everything at home, even socks and shoes. You dont mess with the black socks. this is a special occasion. even the crowd got the memo

18. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

wow. well that may go down as the biggest user collapse in my wisconsin history
    everything changed when my hail mary was picked just before half and in 1 second, he scored on his!
    A few drops really hurt my comeback and then I had a wide open man across the middle on my last real shot and i accidently threw to the wrong button, which happened to be all the way across the field to a well covered HB for a pick 6 to seal it

24-0 lead late 2nd to blow it all. ouch

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Wins Big After Largest Deficit in Penn State History!

#7 Penn State 42
    #13 Wisconsin 27

Down 24-0 with 2 minutes left until halftime, Penn State began what is now the largest comeback in school history. After moving it down the field, McIntosh was able to hook up with Markell Cameron with 8 seconds left in the half. Wisconsin decided to air it out and try for another score, but it came back to bite them... HARD. QB Mayo was picked off by Sullivan and tackled with ONE second left. All that was left for Penn State to do was to lob it up on the next play and their prayers were answered when Wade got behind the defenders and caught it inches away from the white chalk for the TD! The Penn State contigent was bouncing, the majority of the stadium was shocked; in disbelief that the Nittany Lions scored 14 points in 8 seconds. At the half, Wisconsin led 24-14.

In the 3rd quarter, the Penn State offense started where they left off, driving down the field and Ryan Moore running it in from 2 yards out to pull within 3, 24-21. Before the end of the 3rd, Wisconsin added 3 to go up 27-21. McIntosh and the offense moved the ball through the air and on the ground to move down the field. They took the lead on a 13 yard TD reception by J. Wade from Crawford, who was in for a very tired McIntosh. The defense continued to played out of their minds, bending, but never breaking. Wisconsin was driving down the field to recapture the lead, but the defense held and forced a 3 and out. Wisconsin, feeling they had to convert, decided to go for it. Mayo's pass was right on the money, but the WR was rocked by Bonds, who knocked the ball out of his hands. With a 1 point lead, Penn State kept it on the ground and backup RB Morton scored from 1 yard out. The Badgers' next drive looked promising - they were at the 50, but that all ended when a lob pass was intercepted by LB Weisbecker and taken back 49 yards for the score. Weisbecker made another interception at the 1 to deny the Badgers a touchdown. Penn State ran out the clock to win the game.

Quick Notes:
    • Nittany Lion defense intercepted 5 Mayo passes
    • 24 points - largest comeback in school history
    • Outscored Wisconsin 42-3 following their 24-0 lead in the 2nd quarter

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  20. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

It was Camp Randall Stadium. We were not rocking

but GG

21. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Whoops... derp! Edited the summary. ;)

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Steamer43 can you go today before the SB?

and fuck fuzzyl0gic .. missing that week of recruiting might keep me away form that 5 star RB that you're just trying to keep from me.

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

This is the same week.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Sorry away from he xbox already. Probably won't be back untill 3 am est.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

what about tomorrow.. not playin that late.