Season 5 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 16, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 13

2013 Week 13!

Next advance deadline is:
    Sunday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Auburn (33)
    3 VaTech
    5 Florida
    8 Clemson
    9 UNC
    13 Virginia
    16 FSU
    17 Tennessee
    18 Georgia

NR Alabama, LSU, Maryland

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

New Coaches and teams this week. Welcome to the league guys and good luck.

#16 FSU at #5 Florida

The Gators shouldn't have any problem getting up for this one like they did against Georgia. This was a very close game last year that the Gators were able to hang on to late in the 4th. FSU will be bringing a talented offense to the Swamp led by Pryor and of course they'll bring their usual athletic defense. The Gators still have no idea who will start at QB this week so things are a bit of a mess in Gainesville right now. The line of this one is even.

Alabama at #1 Auburn

The Iron Bowl. Can Bama get it's 6th win to become bowl eligible by pulling the upset over #1 Auburn? It's highly unlikely. The Tigers have dominated this series as of late and this year doesn't look like it will be the exception. I like Auburn by 14.

Player of the Week

Florida QB Trey Burton 12/17, 198 yds, 10 car, 106 yds, 4 total TDs (all in one half of play)

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    J. Reynolds WR OU
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    D. Wilson HB VT

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yo I don't know if you read my vacation post but come on, lol!!

If we can't wait then I'll give Dru my loggin info and he can play the game against Bama if need be

3. GoGators

Didn't see your vacation post. When will you guys be able to play?

4. KnightNoles

Well he can't go today where my only free time is at 2 ct. We leave a 4 and wont be back til Monday early morning. He can't go Monday night and I dont wanna hold up the advance til Tuesday.....

The best thing I can think of is either sim the game or I can let Dru play the game by letting him recover my GT.

5. GoGators

Well I can't sim it unless Ceewo obliges since he will be around this weekend but not at your tiny window of opportunities. It's unfair to him. I really don't know that it's fair to have Dru sub in either. Not sure how we'll handle this one. Anybody else got any thoughts on how this issue should be handled???

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

just my opinion, Auburn has wayyyy more to lose here so try to make it so they win.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Nothing against the Bama coach but from his record this year I don't think he had a chance against Auburn and Auburn has a lot to lose. I don't think Bama should be able to play an AP Auburn team. So if you don't want to wait until Tuesday night (guessing thats the soonest they can play) the game should be simmed. I was gone for a week and had 2 games simmed. Even though I know we are all very competitive, it's just a video game so we shouldn't stress to much over it.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Thats not fair at all. Bottom line is Auburn is out of town and Alabama isn't. Just because he doesnt have a good record doesnt mean we should shaft him. Either put Auburn on auto or wait until Tuesday. We've waited 5 days before for people to get their games in.

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Wait till Tuesday. Whats a couple of days gonna hurt?

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

If Noles and I were to play, would he win? Probably 99 times out of 100. He obviously is a talented player while I am new to all this and have struggled. He also has a lot riding on this game, but so do I. I am fighting my ass off for a bowl bid, but it does not look very likely with two user games to finish my season. That being said I signed up to play my games, not have them simmed. Last week I had a bye week and feels like its been awhile since I have had a chance to play a game, so i am itching to play.

Im not sure what the ettiquette is in this situation. Whether it be simmed, played vs CPU, delayed, or some other option, I will be fine with whatever KSherm decides.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

UT-lite has a new coach!

12. GoGators

Thanks for the input guys. I think Cole hit the nail on the head though. The game is important to both teams and Ceewo shouldn't be punished because he has a lesser record.

I'm going to hold of the advance until you guys get this game in. Please do everything in your power to schedule it Monday or early Tuesday evening so we can advance Tuesday evening at the latest.

13. KnightNoles

Sounds good and lookin forward to the Iron Bowl

14. GoGators

Per his request, newbie Kasperson is now Ole Miss.

15. Hokie Effect

VT- 41
    UNC- 17

UNC kept this game close early on despite the sudden retirement of their head coach, but the Hokies ground game proved too much as Wilson had 145yds 3 TD and Exum chipped in with 87yds. The win sends the Hokies to the ACCCG for the 4th time to face Florida St. Can anyone tell me how to stop Pryor?!?!

sidenote- didn't mean to sound like a dick and say Bama isn't worthy and like I daid before I am for waiting until Tuesday IF they can get it scheduled.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Pulled out the victory against arch rival Mississippi State! Ole Miss got a huge game from our SR WR. 170 yds receiving, plus a PR TD.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hokie, I think its going to be Wake in the ACC CG. They still have the tiebreaker. I believe they have one more conference game but im not sure who its against.

18. Hokie Effect

Nah they lost last week giving them 3 ACC losses on the year. (NC ST, Miami, UVA) I am pretty sure about that, but I have been wrong before. And don't start thinking about the ACCCG yet and look past the Gators.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Tennessee starts off their new era of football under Coach Max with a bang!
    UT- 52
    Vandy-10

Oku ran through the Vandy defense, basically untouched, for most of the game.(RS)So QB Reggie Davis had a nice day managing the offense, and Teague was there making clutch catches over the middle. This game was won on the legs of Oku, though.

Next week, the Volunteers travel East to take on the Virginia Cavaliers. Coach Max would love to end this regular season on a high note, and finish out the year with a bowl win, hopefully setting up his squad for a run next year.

R. Davis
    12/17 178yd 2TD 0INT

D. Oku
    25ATT 234yd 3TD

M. Teague
    6REC 105yd 1TD

J. Askew
    5TACK 1TFL 1INT 1DEFL 1FF 1FR (This guy was all over the place!)

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I started my game earlier today but had to run to work, unfortunately someone in my house turned my game off before i could finish it...lemme know what to do Sherm.

21. GoGators

Go ahead and restart

22. GoGators

#16 FSU 20
    #5 UF 27

The Gators got away with one this week in what EA Sports ranked as the greatest game of all time. The game was a defensive battle in the first half as the score was 0-0 after 1, and 7-6 at half. FSU looked to take control of the game in the first when HB Lonnie Pryor scooted through a huge hole on a 4th and short only to get blasted by FS Jensen on the other side and cough the ball up.

The Gators would look to score as they drove the length of the field only to have QB Trey Burton cough it up on a ridiculously poor timed pitch that got INT'd. The Noles also had a couple chances to take control late in the 2nd qtr, but the Gators secondary feasted on Secord picking him off twice in the half.

The deciding play would be a kickoff return by the Gators late in the game that put them up by a TD. FSU would find a way to answer, but they scored with too much time left on the clock as the Gators were able to respond running their 2 minute offense to get the game winning TD.

Another classic game from Recheem. Great game and good luck in the ACC CG. The Gators will now get ready to clash with Auburn again in what has become a traditional rivalry game in Atlanta for the SEC Championship and very likely a BCS bid.

Stats
    FSU
    QB Secord 126.5, 14/23, 212 yds, TD, 3 INTs
    HB Pryor 19/71, TD

UF
    T. Burton 156.8, 16/22, 181 yds, TD, 11 car, 29 yds
    M. Gillislee 12/42, TD
    D. Jensen 9 tkls, INT, FF

***Neither team gained more than 300 yards on offense. Maybe a record for an NCAA game.

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Here's the stats from my last user V. user game with Michigan:

Game Statistics
    Column 1
    Category Michigan Mississippi State
    First Downs 12 10
    Total Offense 251 175
    Rushes-YDS 31-71 20-(-12)
    Passing YDS 180 187
    Turnovers 0 3
    Total Yards 314 316
    T.O.P. 16:58 11:38

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hell of a game again this year Gators!!! That kick return really took the wind out of my sails a bit after getting the lead. I hope we get another chance to win one of these next season. Good luck against noles in the SEC CG!

25. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 @ approx 8 eastern / 7 central

I don't know about the Georgia/Tennessee game which will be last​