Season 5 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 14

2013 Week 14!

Next advance deadline is:
    Friday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Auburn (35)
    3 VaTech
    5 Florida
    7 Clemson
    9 Virginia
    14 Tennessee
    15 Georgia
    19 FSU

NR Alabama, LSU, Maryland, GT

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#14 Tennessee at #9 Virginia

New coach Max for the Vols looks to take on the Cavaliers in what should be an interesting SEC vs ACC matchup.

#7 Clemson at Alabama

Bama doesn't get a break this week as they now must take on #7 Clemson after their tough loss in the Iron Bowl last week. Coach Ceewo may be getting some gray hairs over this two week stretch of games. They need the win to get to 6-6 and become bowl eligible. Good luck Tide!

Player of the Week

Clemson HB Roderick McDowell, 20/163 yds, 2 TDs, 3 rec, 18 yds, TD

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    D. Wilson HB VT
    J. Reynolds WR OU

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

#14 Tennessee defeats #9 UVA in Virginia 41-31!

This was a tough fought game of almost opposites. Tennessee couldnt pass, and Virginia couldnt run. Virginia couldn't consistently stop Tennessee's rushing attack, and the Volunteers had trouble stopping Virginia's pass. If it werent for two timely UT pick-6's (and the outstanding rushing effort by Oku) this game would have been completely different.

The real story was Oku, who went for 218yd and 3TDs(1 REC). He ran hard all game. He went inside and outside, and worked well out of the Wildcat. His biggest play came with 1:21 left in the game. The Volunteers had the ball and a 3 point lead. UT had a short field to work with and was in a run out the clock mode. First play of the drive Oku goes untouched off a weak side counter 58yds for the game sealing TD. This guy is a beast!

Davis
    10/21 137yd 0TD 3INT

Oku
    29ATT 218yd 2TD 7.5AVG
    3REC 18yd 1TD

Teague
    5REC 98yd

Walton
    6TAK 5TFL 4SACK

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oku ate us alive on the gridiron...I couldn't stop him worth anything...his O-Line consistently blew us up.

Then our offensive line couldn't get a decent push against their defensive line...therefore forcing us to pass...and that's not what we wanted to do.

The talent gap was shown especially on the front lines but we held our own against a tough Tennessee team.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I was watching this score until I had to go to class to start the 3rd quarter...

How did Max get off to a 14-0 lead so quick it seemed?

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    IIRC, he scored off the bat on his offensive possession, then I threw a pick...something to that effect.

I pretty much threw two picks on my 1st two possessions.

6. KnightNoles

thought it was to some degree of that

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I scored at 4:03 and got that pick 6 @ 3:35 in the 1st.

That second pick6 I got in the third quarter though was crazy. It was a lame-duck pass, his WR caught it, my DB hit him and popped the ball out straight into the hands of another Tenn DB. Its up on my sportsworld

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

USF - 7
    FSU - 16

Played a rather uninspired game of football this morning but managed to beat the Bulls in a defensive battle. My defense saved the day, as they scored 9 points and the offense only put up one TD. Prior had a rather pedestrian 80 something yards on the ground with a TD. Secord was benched after a horrid start and will likely spend the ACC CG and bowl game there. The back-up (whos name escapes me) played a stellar second half, leading the Noles up and down the field. However, the offense was unable to put points up when they had the chance. A wins a win and I'll take it. Off to face those Hokies in the ACC CG. Can VaTech stop Prior this time around or will it be more of the same in this 3rd meeting in 2 seasons????

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virgina Tech- 34
    Michigan- 15

The Hokies played "okay" according to their coach as they beat the Wolverines in their regular season finale. Virginia Tech tried to balance their offensive attack in prepaeration for the ACCCG as Exum threw for 306yds 1 TD. The running game produced but was not as dominant as it has been with a team total of 184yds 3 TD. Next up is a rematch with FSU and a BCS bowl bid.

Recchem- I will trade you a :5stars: recruit next season if you sit Pryor. (y)

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Hey Shermanator

[​IMG]

Clemson was beating Bama 24-7 midway through the 3rd when we disconnected. Bama conceded, in part b/c of the score and in part b/c he didnt have time to play again. So, you can either put Bama on autopilot or use your god-like powers as commissioner to compel us to play the game again. Do it soon though cuz I am not missing the NFL draft first round for this!

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Yep, Clemson deserves this win and I didnt have to time to play again tonight. Give him the win

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What did that QB Mendez come in at. I was recruiting him the half a year I was at FSU, looked like he might end up being a good one.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It wasnt Mendez but the JR. I'll take a look and see what see what he looks like.

14. KnightNoles

Auburn takes care of UNC, 61-34

Team 1 2 3 4 F
    Aub 14 14 0 33 61
    UNC 7 0 12 15 34

The CPU run game was ridiculous in this game... Kirk 23 att 157 yards 6.8 avg 3 TDs, long 48. Wallace Russell 8 att 147 yards 18.3 avg TD, long 75.. :confused:

Anyways Auburn's offense got a lead and Dontae Aycock 105 yards, 3 TDs and Coach Knight took the first teams out. Andrew Miller disappointed me in this game completing 6-25 for 158 yards TD and INT, but he showed off his cannon of an arm though...

Just ready for the next one, on to the next one........

15. Beazus Christ

Sherm Diesel...

Did you put Bama to auto yet? Should we play again? I would check the XBox but Im lazy as shit so holler back.

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I just set Ceewo to autopilot. Let me know when you plan on playing it so we can advance.

17. Beazus Christ

I will play after 9 cst tonight

18. Beazus Christ

All Done.

Clemson 63
    Alabama - 40 something

Carry on...