Season 5 Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Austin1990, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

UCF 62 USC 54
    This game was as crazy as it looks with both offenses simply on fire. USC showed that they are here to play this season giving the defending national champs UCF everything they could handle and then some on the legs of HB Ty Isaac, who I think is the best player in the nation at this point in the season. UCF took the opening kickoff and established their spread option attack, forcing USC to load the box, which became a theme of the game. They finished their opening drive off with a 9 yd TD pass to WR Antoine Lumpkin. USC answered back pounding the ball up the middle and dominating the UCF defense for a TD of their own. UCF scored another TD through the air on 3rd and long to take the lead, which lasted exactly one snap, as USC HB Ty Isaac ran right by everyone on a 70 yard score, juking the UCF safety out of his shoes.

The second quarter started in a 14-14 tie and the scoring did nothing but speed up for the Trojans with a defensive stop, a 44 yard FG, and then a poorly timed option pitch taken to the house to give the Trojans a 10 point lead. UCF answered with a more patient drive, and a quick 4 yard TD pass to Anthony Mark. UCF got a much needed stop on a sack, and scored another quick TD off a nice patient run by HB AJ Lee. USC would not be outdone, ending the half with a big field goal to put the score at 21-20.

USC got the kickoff to start the second half and hooked up on a bomb to speedster WR Ferguson on a 65 yard TD pass. This resulted in a third quarter that saw zero defensive stops and both teams trading punches for a total of 40 points and ended the quarter in a 49-46 lead for UCF. The 4th quarter stated with Ty Isaac lifting his team up again, on a huge 70 yard TD reception. UCF got the ball and pounded it up the middle for an entire drive capped off by a 4 yd TD on 3rd and goal. UCF forced an interception and scored on the very next play, with veteran WR Antoine Lumpkin beating his man for a 14 yard TD toss. The extra point put UCF up by 8 with 1:42 left in the game. In a dramatic final drive, USC moved the ball carefully down the field and looked like they were going to score the TD with a shot to tie the game. On 3rd and goal from the 4, USC’s QB was forced out of the pocket and FS David Gray came up with the play of the game, intercepting the ball on the 1 yard line to seal the victory.

What a game SunofGod5 Seriously the closest and most intense game I’ve had this cycle. That was just insanity, especially the second half. Your team is the REAL DEAL and when you get more used to them I think were all gonna be in trouble. I predict your HB to win the Heisman, he’s a monster.

POG (even though they lost): HB Ty Isaac 15 ATT 266 YDS (17.7 YPC) 3 TD. 3 REC 70 YDS (23.3 YPC) 1 TD. I literally couldn’t stop him. He’s the best RB I’ve seen in this whole game. He makes D’Anthony Thomas look like he belongs on the practice squad.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Ty Issac scares the hell out of me. He lit me up last year with the cpu controlling him.

3. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Be scared. Be very scared haha. Most points I've ever given up and ALOT of it was Isaac. SunofGod5 knows how to use him too.

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Last season he busted long runs, broke tackles on screen passes, caught deep routes sandwiched in double coverage...

5. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

He pretty much just didn't get touched. The O-Line dominated as well. And when I got a hit lined up on him Sun would juke me outta my shoes haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

Thank you, but I bowed down to you, I have no answer for UCF even when I think I have them they bounce right back.. they have the WILL of their coach to never give up hats off to you Austin1990 you played like a true National champion

• Like Like x 1
  7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Capture-wk1-1.JPG
    Capture-wk1-2.JPG

After a big upset in game 1 of the BP Husker era of LSU football, some expected LSU to roll into Auburn, AL and dominate once again. It didn't happen. Auburn scored first and throughout the rest of the game it was a back and forth battle. Starting QB Janning struggled mightily as he threw 3 INTs on the day. Coach BP pulled him in the 3rd quarter. The one man who wasn't missing a beat was RB Childress who rushed for 177 yards on the day and 2 TDs. The LSU defense made stops when they needed to and forced Auburn to attempt a FG to tie the game and force OT with a minute left. The Auburn kick hit the upright and bounced wide, sealing win #2 for Coach BP and the LSU Tigers.

• Like Like x 1