Season 5 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Jun 5, 2010.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Season 5 Week 2

Colorado 20
    Ole Miss 23

Very tight game, the Reb's controlled the clock with their ground game, which kept the high-scoring Buffs offense off the field. QB Amir Anderson was very effective, when he could get the ball. Anderson, however, made one costly mistake at the end. The Rebels tied the score up with about a minute left, giving the ball to the Buffs at about the 35 yardline. Anderson completed the first pass of the drive for about a 12 yard gain and rushed his offense to the line. He saw that his slot receiver was uncovered, so he audibled to take advantage of that, thinking a quick throw would pick up 8-10 yards, when he could safely call his first timeout. Unfortunately for Anderson, coach Twist had called a zone blitz, dropping the DE right into the throwing lane. Anderson took the shotgun snap and threw a bullet to his streaking WR, leading him about 10 yards downfield. Well, the DE was able to get up out of his three point stance, pivot and meet that WR at the ball. (he's an amazing athlete!) The ball popped up in the air, was caught by an Ole Miss LB who returned it into field goal range and that was it. Buffs lose.

I'm not nearly as bitter as that sounds. It was a great game and Twist really played well. Mistake-free....which is what really matters in this game.

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

It was a tough, defensive, grind it out game that i was lucky enough to get the W. My QB was 16/18 with 180 yards but didn't throw any picks. I was very worried about how my HB would do as A & M KOed my starter for the year last game and this would be Lawrence's first start. He had 35 rushes for 152 yards.

The key play in my game tying drive was a PA pass to my rookie TE Glenn Clay:

[youtube]s8BZYZl4bko[/youtube]

The play that the DE tipped the ball was a 9 velcro play and the DE got very lucky to get the ball and even more lucky the LB caught it.

[youtube]57NJU-9RE2Q[/youtube]

Great game by Coach Dakota and the rest of the Buffs!

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Holy fucking shit what a game between Northwestern and Clemson.

5 seconds left, I have the ball; 22 yards away from the endzone with a last play desperation.

I hike the ball, slot receiver Clancy Yates runs a streak up the middle seam, QB Evan Watkins side steps a sack and rockets the ball to Yates who catches it in the back of the endzone after the ball just BARELY goes over the outstretched hands of a Clemson safety. The crowd erupts as Northwestern survives winning the game 38-35 after earlier nearly throwing the game away as they went for it on 4th and 2 inside the 30 yardline, when they could have easily kicked the field goal but then was stopped. Luckily for Northwestern, their defense stepped up and stopped Clemson from running the clock out.

Again, GREAT fuckin' game uncleho. I feel bad that you got screwed by the game with the ball going right through your safety's hands. That was bullshit...

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Bulls out to 2-0!

#24 South Florida (2-0) 34
    #3 South Carolina (1-1) 28

Great game here, as the Gamecocks had the ball down 6 with :49 seconds remaining... no timeouts. A couple of sacks killed the drive around midfield as the bulls comeback being down 10-21 at one point to seal the win.

The referee's were wearing Green and Gold today as a rash of penalties, especially a roughing the passer on a pick six, killed South Carolina. Good game gwill, we seem to have tight games always.

5. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#5 Stanford - 51
    #23 Indiana (w/o ociu) - 7

Stanford opens up the season with an easy win on the road in Bloomington. IU QB Phillip Winston had a game he would like to forget. The veteran Cardinal defense proved to be too much for the true freshman, as he completed just 13/30 passes with 5 interceptions. On offense, Stanford pounded it out between the tackles with Tyler Gaffney. When Indiana tried to compensate by moving 8 guys in the box, QB Josh Nunes made them pay with big pass plays.

IU - sucks we didn't get to play. I know switching around your NAT settings is a headache so I appreciate the effort you made in trying to get this user game in.

6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yes a great game it was Mors, my safety just didn't make a play there, hopefully he learns from this.