Season 5 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 23, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

BPHusker
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    Total Doubt

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.
    =============== #5 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 52-24 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Lincoln to face the #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Kevin Hollis has committed to Michigan
    - (****) DT Eric Galloway has committed to North Carolina
    =============== #14 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 42-20 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Travis Carr has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) RE Aaron Woods has committed to Virginia
    - (****) RE Phillip Bullock has committed to Virginia
    =============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 28-24 against Wake Forest (1-0).
    This week, the Boilermakers will host #14 Virginia (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Dave Jenkins has committed to Ohio State
    =============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Gainesville to face the #1 Florida Gators (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Darryl Burns has committed to Michigan
    =============== #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #4 Clemson (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Stephen Hill has committed to Northern Illinois
    =============== #20 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 28-24 against Purdue (0-1).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to University Park to face the #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Calvin Everett has committed to Wake Forest
    =============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 62-3 against Oregon State (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #20 Wake Forest (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Darryl Burns has committed to Michigan
    - (****) LG Jonathan Wilson has committed to LSU
    =============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 45-14 against Marshall (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #5 North Carolina (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Jonathan Wilson has committed to LSU
    - (****) QB Stephen Hill has committed to Northern Illinois
    =============== #25 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host Washington State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Calvin Everett has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) WR Desmond Davis has committed to Arkansas
    =============== #10 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Ian Whitmore has committed to West Virginia
    - (***) RT Jason Clemons has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) SS George Young has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) FS Darren Foster has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) WR Jamil Stokes has committed to Virginia Tech
    =============== #4 Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Iowa City to face the #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Jon Graham has committed to Tulane

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Gg fuzzyl0gic. I wish it hadn't dropped he first game I think it would have been closer. You have a great team that TE killed me.

I get at least 3 holding calls a game is there something I should do to keep that from happening?

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

ok... so... Washington State?

[​IMG]

I know i've been told before about the scoring limit, when i didnt know the rules and I've really been trying not to pass it. But this was a terrible opponent and things happened. Fuzzy already talked to me and I told him what happened. Don't understand why a powerhouse in season 5 would get a matchup against the worst rated BCS conference school in the nation. At least I was hoping to get my 2nd Qb some action but I couldnt
    I didnt get to run hardly any offense all game. I got short fields and kicked some FGs but the storyline of the game was 6 nonoffensive TDs. I only fielded 2 punts all game in the first quarter and Brown took both back to the house. Just before the 1st quarter ended, WSU threw into a crowd and Fitzpatrick pulled in his first career INT. he then took it 36 yards to score and I went up 27-0
    2nd quarter started the same way the first ended. The QB was hit on the throw and I was close enough to pull in the duck and took it 8 yards for another INT score. Finally with 4 min to go in the half, I hit Buckley on the first pass TD of the season. After making a stand I got it back and the definition of the tuck rule exactly still managed to let a fumble go the other way and they got a FG on the board. It took 3 plays and Buckley made a nice grab in traffic and drug the tackler at least 7 yards just into the endzone to make it 48-3 at half
    The 3rd quarter got ugly, right off the bat, the WSU QB threw a swing pass backwards to a HB who was drilled by a LB right as he tried to catch it and my CB scooped and scored 35 yards. first play of the next possession the WSU QB again missed his target bad and Glover was right in the right place for another INT and he took it back 38 yards to make it 62-3. At this point i was in conservative clock saving mode but it didnt matter. the WSU defense was pathetic in the 2nd half. Gordon took a carry 55 yards to score. After I got the ball back, it took 1 play for Rogers to go the distance untouched. After that point I made sure not to score anymore. Even tho i should have had at least 1 or 2 more that i conceded. The only score in the 4th quarter was when Brown tried to field a punt in the endzone and he didnt. so WSU fell on it. They did have 1 great shot at a score in the 4th and on 2nd and gl from the 1 they were denied 3 times and gave it to me. in the middle of the quarter my guys managed to block a punt for a safety and the only points of the 4th.

WSU had 177 total yards of offense and 100 pass yards on 14 completions. Thats an average of about 7 yards per completion. but they were about 42.4% completion on the day. The turned it over 7 times on the day and were sacked 6 times. Both their QB and HB were knocked out of the game making them hardly D1 talent.
    I had guys scoring that I dont even know who they are. The only negative on the day is the "sure handed" Gray dropped both passes sent his way. Gordon averaged 7.9 and Rogers averaged 19.6 per carry

4. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    The Tar Heels traveled to face #9 Nebraska, this would be the first meeting of the two powerhouses. Nebraska got the ball first, but they were forced to punt. They pinned UNC at their own 4 yard line. On the first play of the drive, Romar Morris ran for a stunning 97 yd TD on a counter play to the right. In the second quarter, the highly touted recruit Cole Manning caught his first college pass for a 45 yard TD. He would go out of the game a few plays later, suffering a mild concussion. Williams tucked the ball in and scrambled for a TD run from 4 yards out, as none of his targets were open. ​
    Going into half-time UNC led the Cornhuskers 24-7. In the second half, the sophomore :5stars: recruit Jed Espinosa scored his first TD of his college career with an 11 yard run. Epinosa and Morris shared the carries, and both had over 100 yds and at least 1 TD. Nebraska responded with a 17 yard TD pass, but they couldn't stop UNC from driving the field once again. The Tar Heels capped off the drive with a TD from a QB sneak at the goaline. Nebraska didn't give up and managed to score once again. UNC maintained a 38-21 lead going into the fourth. Nebraska scored a FG, but shortly after Espinosa broke a tackle and ran it in for a 49 yard TD. This was the nail in the coffin, as UNC chewed the clock on their next drive.​
    Good game hornfaninbama, that run game is tough to beat. ​

5. fuzzyl0gic

Nothing that I'm aware of.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

JQwon13 when can you play today man?

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Anytime after 5:30 cst. What works for you?

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Kasper when do you want to play? I can go tonight or tomorrow.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

tonight around 6:30-7 central work?

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I can play at 6:30 pm est

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Alright cool. Shoot me a text when you're on. 817 996 6020

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

my god, crushies lets go already--- idgaf if its monday

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sorry, got busy at work...getting back to work now. Back to work on the crushies, not on actual work to be clear.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

@sawmeoff I'm gonna rough your clemson patsies up tonight bro. We're going to come at you like a bunch of spider monkeys.

Only thing youve ever done with your life saw is make a hot daughter.

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

16. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Any chance you could go tomorrow? I had something come up this evening.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

should be fine

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Eventually you'll probably realize his name is sawEMoff not sawmeoff

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 42
    Florida 23

Michigan picks up where they left off and pick up a huge win on the road over #1 Florida. Most people thought the coaching staff was crazy sending a true freshman on the road in hisf first collegiate game to play in Florida, but Larsen proved to the Michigan coaching staff that they did the right thing. The Freshman was 19-29 for 359 yards 2 passing TDs and also had a QB sneak for a touchdown. He did throw 2 interceptions, one of which was because the receiver dropped the pass, but none the less, he looked great in his first game. David Harrison had 12 carries for 67 yards and a touchdown, but just couldn't get going. Blake Countess picked up an INT and took it back for a touchdown, then Jonathan Bell, the MLB forced and picked up a fumble and returned it for a touchdown. This Michigan squad is very talented and only going to get better in each game.

20. CoachRedd

irrelevant, really.

21. CoachRedd

saw's offense is damn good.

22. fuzzyl0gic

We will advance tomorrow after the Kasper vs BPHusker game is played.

23. CoachRedd

Iowa 38
    Clemson 31
    In OT!

I have no clue how I ended up winning this high scoring wild affair that reminded me a little of hornfan and I's game last year. Basically, down 7 with 20 seconds left and no timeouts, I took the kickoff back to my own 34. From there, Saw dropped like 8 guys and coverage and I had all day and threw a pass into triple coverage that somehow got caught at Saw's 30. I went hurry up with 7 seconds left and no timeouts and on the next play Saw went press man and I just threw it up to my slot WR who beat his man and caught it in the end zone to tie the game and send it to OT! In OT, I scored on the first possession and then managed to read one of Saw's routes and pick him off to seal the incredible victory.

GG sawemoff, You deserved to win for sure. That offense is unstoppable at times.

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I didn't press on that last play from scrimmage. lol I blame my corner for not picking off the ball 4 times, he dropped 3 and finally decided to nab that one at the end. GG

• Like Like x 1
  25. CoachRedd

Oh... looked like you did when your DBs came down to the line of scrimmage. Either way, great game and was very enjoyable.