Season 5, Week 3: Game of the Week

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by PAgamer07, Jan 6, 2011.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]
    Our Week 3 Game of the Week comes to you from the ACC, and features two teams that could potentially be in the ACC Championship Game.
    [​IMG]
    Miami Hurricanes 1-1 (0-0)
    The Hurricanes were embarassed last week against a poorly coached USC Trojans squad. The Miami defense gave up a whopping 52 points, in what was one of the most lopsided losses under coach HovatheGod. Their rush defense was gouged for over 200 yards by 3 backs, and they gave up over 300 yards passing to QB Jesse Scroggins.
    Offensively, HB Storm Johnson really wasn't given much of a chance as he only had 6 carries for 16 yards. They were forced to air the ball out, and QB Brian Dixon played a forgettable game turning the ball over 4 times.
    Coach Hova had this to say after the game, "Miami gets ass raped after Dixon throws 4 INTs and gets creamed about 50 times. Our defense got ran over like a bunch of pansies"
    That's about right Hova..

[​IMG]
    Clemson Tigers 2-0 (0-0)
    Clemson won a heck of a game versus a very good Georgia team which took them to overtime. Their defense played very well, only giving up 23 points while holding the Bulldogs offense to under 300 yards. DT Tavarris Barner had a nice game recording a sack and forcing a fumble which was recovered by Georgia.

Offensively, QB Chris Sanders played an efficient game in his first start of the season. But the workhorse for the team was Senior HB Demont Buice. Buice scored 3 TD, including the game winner in overtime. The highlight for the Tigers was that they did not turn the ball over the whole game.

Coach BillFlo's post game comments, "Good game to Georgia. It was very intense with the limited possessions. I definitely thought Georgia had it after I missed the FG in the 4th, but finally my defense stepped up and made a play.
    Prediction:
    Miami (-4)
    The Canes were embarassed last week by a team with an awful lot of talent. This week they face a Clemson team riding the high of a big win over a solid Georgia Bulldogs team. Unfortuantely for them, they have a lot of questions at quarterback. Their highly recruited Freshman QB Tyrone Berg is done for the year with a broken back. Can Chris Sanders be the guy to lead this team to victory?

I expect Storm Johnson to get at least 20 carries in this one, keeping the ball out of turnover prone Brian Dixon's hands. Final Score: Miami 31-26 Clemson

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nice write up. I am going with the U in a bounce back game.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll take The U and the points.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Miami is spotting Clemson 4. You should be ashamed.

I like Clemson. After the first loss coach Hova's head isn't in the game since it's unlikely he can win a title in his last season now.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No Points for you!!

Take Clemson AND the points.

6. PAgamer07

I dont see it happening. The Canes have too much talent, and wont fall behind as badly as they did against Clemson. They will be able to be a little more balanced.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, I meant I'll take Miami with the -4.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Nice preview. I expect this to be a tough game.

Miami always has a tough defense. They do have the overwhelming advantage at QB, but their WRs corps aren't what they've been in the past. I expect points to be at a premium, so avoiding the early mistake will be important. Clemson is going to have to rely on it's defense to slow down Miami's offense. Hopefully that will be enough time to allow our offense to put together a few drives vs the Miami D.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya now that you may go undefeated with the updated sliders, Ha! You still have to come to Miami though

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Nice write-up @Pagamer07, looks like The Experience is getting back into form.

As far as predictions, I don't think Clemson keeps momentum after the tough battle against UGA. I believe Miami takes the cake in this one and Clemson falls off a bit after this last battle.

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

As always Pa, great little feature here.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I moved things in a very minor way.

13. GoGators

That's bullshit.....SHAUN!!!!!!!!!! It's suppose to be your turn to come to Gainesville........freaking schedule makers. No way Jeremy Foley would agree to this BS! ( :) not sure if you know I'm joking or if the smiley face is necessary.)

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The next person who bitches about schedules has to do them next season.

:) <---

15. PAgamer07

Thanks guys, it didnt take long to do. Ill post my analysis after they play. Has this one been scheduled yet?

Oh and Shaun? Thanks for giving me back to back bye weeks, surrounded by road games in the heart of recruiting season!!

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I read this the last time you bitched about it.:) It wasn't like that until you wanted Tulane added to your schedule.

17. PAgamer07

Yeah I figured that had something to do with it. Thats the only OOC rival I have, so Id like to play them if possible. And Im just giving you a hard time. We have Alabama at home, that's all I need for recruiting visits ;)

18. GoGators

Actually, with the exception of the Miami snafu, I thought the schedules were pretty good this year. Maybe you should do them hungover more often.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Drunk

What Miami snafu?

20. GoGators

Making me go to Miami in back to back seasons.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You act like I did it accidentally.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hahaahaaha........that's funny.

I'm just happy I got 6 home games. I'm sending you a beer gift card during the offseason...I like my schedule this year.

23. PAgamer07

Well this one is in the books. The final score: Miami 45, Clemson 33.

Why did Miami Win?

• QB Brian Dixon absolutely shredded the Tigers. He was nearly flawless going 17 of 23 for 308 yards and 4 TD. He did a great job of exposing a weak Clemson secondary and spreading the ball around. He hit 6 different receivers, with 3 of those scoring at least 1 touchdown.
    • Clemson was forced to play catchup. They were down 14-3 at the end of the first. 24-10 at halftime. This put the ball in the hands of unproven Chris Sanders who had to throw it 37 times. This was not what the Tigers wanted to do to win this game. He had two bad throws which resulted in interceptions.
    • 3rd downs. Clemson has a 30 % 3rd down efficiency to Miami's 62.5%. They say 3rd down is the quarterbacks down, and this was proven today.
    • No balance. As was mentioned above, with them being forced to play catchup Clemson really didnt even try to run the ball. Their leading rusher was QB Chris Sanders who carried 10 times for 50 yards. HB Demont Buice only had 6 carries, for 11 yards.
    It's obvious after this win that Miami is back on track. They still have a long way to go, but avoided that ever so important conference loss.

24. PAgamer07

25. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

right on pretty much. Dixon played great from the pocket. I also had alot of INTs in the first half.