Season 5 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by uncleho, Jun 7, 2010.

1. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Season 5 Week 3

Clemson 31
    #17 Maryland 10

After a heartbreaking loss to Northwestern last week Clemson gets back on track with a conference win. HB Roderick McDowell led the Tigers with 239 total yards and 2 TD's.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#5 Texas A&M ESCAPES USF WITH VICTORY

The final score does not truly reflect the game. It was a hard fougth game from the opening kickoff. USF out gained A&M in every stat except turnovers. The Aggs were able to escape by forcing 4 turnovers and not giving the ball up any.

Great Game Scarecrow

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #5TAMU 0 21 7 14 42
    #20 USF 6 0 15 0 21

TAMU USF
    First Downs 13 12
    Total Offense 269 313
    Rushes-Yds-TDs 26-41-3 25-89-1
    Comp-Att-TD 15-25-1 15-26-1
    Passing yds 228 224
    3rd down 7-11 4-10
    4th down 0-0 0-0
    RZ/TD/FG 4-4-0 2-1-1
    Turnovers 0 4

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Northwestern 30
    Colorado 31

What a game!! The Wildcats came to play, using their balanced attack to keep the Buffs defense off-balance. The Buffs were continually playing catch-up in this game, working from a 14-7 first half deficit. The Buffs got the ball back trailing 27-24 but couldn't get a first down after a sack and three consectutive incompletions. The Wildcats got it back with just under 2 minutes at the Buffalo 25ish. They ran three straight runs and couldn't get the first, so they kicked the FG and extended the lead to 30-24 with about 1:30 left. Now it was finally Amir Anderson's time. He had been frustrated all game long, the Wildcats had confused him with different looks and blitzes. The Buffs got the ball on about their own 30 and needed a td, without the benfit of any timeouts. Anderson was cool as a cucumber, completing a first down pass for 13 yards, he hustled his team up to the line and saw that NU was showing blitz. He got the snap and his slot left WR broke the jam, so it was just a matter of throwing the right ball. (Anderson overthrew this pass on the last series in almost the identical situation) The pass was complete for a 30 yard gain. The Wildcats called a timeout to regroup and change personell. With the ball at NU's 35 yardline, Anderson again saw a blitz coming from the left, so he hit HB James Holman in the flat for 11 and a first down. Hustling up to the line he saw single coverage to the right, so he threw a back shoulder to WR Stevenson at the 3. Two runs up the middle and the Buffs had tied it up. After a timeout to ice the kicker, the Buffs hit the extra point to take the lead.

On the kickoff, Coach dakota called for a squib, which did not work out too well, and gave the Wildcats the ball at their own 45ish, with about 25 seconds left. The Cats completed a 15 yarder to their HB, who was able to get out of bounds. On the next pass, Coach Mors went deep for the td and was picked off at the 1, with 4 seconds left. Game's still not over, can't take a knee at the 1!!! Holman was met at the goalline by the NU FS, who had blitzed. Luckily, Holman was able to fall forward and avoid the safety.

Great game Mors!! Idaho/UNLV rematch??

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You god damn right! ;)

Great game man. Still pissed that I let it slip away.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Great game to you, Slick. That game was pretty tight up until the end. I have to work on throwing passes to my guys, not yours... haha.

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#4 Stanford - 31
    Rutgers - 6

Rutgers traveled across the country to face a tough Stanford team. The stats were pretty even for both teams but the disparity in the score stemmed from big plays by the Stanford defense. The Cardinal intercepted two passes (including 1 in the end zone), scored a defensive TD on a recovered fumble, and stopped the Scarlet Knights on 4th and goal. On offense, Stanford was far from spectacular but made a couple of plays when called upon. GG Rutgers - my team is far more talented and you were on the road. If not for a couple of lucky breaks which went my way, the game might have come down to the wire.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good game beazus. That fumble recovery for 6 points that the computer wouldn't let me review pretty much iced the game. I only have 1 playmaker on offense and my QB isn't very accurate, so going for a home run leads to turnovers, so I could not set up a play to take the top off the defense. The safety you play with is tough. I look forward to our MAC games in 2011.