Season 5 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Oshiomogho and I had the defensive battle of the century. I was leading 16-10 in the 4th with 2:44 left on the clock (Oshio was about to make a FG to make it 10-16), when we got disconnected. We agreed to play until 5:16 remained in the 1st quarter and pretended I was up 6. I managed to run the clock out a good bit with a couple of first downs, then punted it to Oshio with ~10-14 seconds left. He couldn't complete the deep passes and I was declared the winner. I super-simmed the rest of the game, so the 44-10 final score is misleading. Apparently the CPU did not like your frosh QB Oshio.

2. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Do it!​
    @BPHusker​
    Welcome to Week 3!​
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.​
    =============== #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) ===============​
    Last week, North Carolina won 45-24 against Nebraska (1-1).​
    This week, the Tar Heels will host #21 Wisconsin (1-0).​
    =============== #13 Virginia Cavaliers (2-0) ===============​
    Last week, Virginia won 14-7 against Purdue (0-2).​
    This week, the Cavaliers are idle.​
    =============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-2) ===============​
    Last week, Purdue lost 14-7 against Virginia (2-0).​
    This week, the Boilermakers are idle.​
    =============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============​
    Last week, Michigan won 42-23 against Florida (0-1).​
    This week, the Wolverines will host #16 Notre Dame (0-1).​
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (****) RE Terrance McDuffie has committed to Michigan​
    =============== #4 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0) ===============​
    Last week, Iowa won 38-31 against Clemson (0-1).​
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Blacksburg to face the #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0).​
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:​
    - (****) CB Drew Christian has committed to Georgia​
    =============== #22 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-1) ===============​
    Last week, Wake Forest lost 27-24 against Penn State (2-0).​
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (1-0).​
    =============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============​
    Last week, Penn State won 27-24 against Wake Forest (1-1).​
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0).​
    =============== #14 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-1) ===============​
    Last week, Nebraska lost 45-24 against North Carolina (2-0).​
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Hattiesburg to face the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (0-1).​
    =============== #21 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============​
    Last week, Wisconsin won 78-10 against Washington State (0-1).​
    This week, the Badgers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0).​
    =============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============​
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-39 against Ohio State (0-1).​
    This week, the Hokies will host #4 Iowa (1-0).​
    =============== #10 Clemson Tigers (0-1) ===============​
    Last week, Clemson lost 38-31 against Iowa (1-0).​
    This week, the Tigers will host #15 Alabama (1-0).​

3. fuzzyl0gic

CoachRedd - I shot Total Doubt a message on live to see if he is still interested in the league. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow then das boot!

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

my defense is too legit to quit! when I have to quit they give up 44. damn
    Im coming for the B1G this year
    forcing 11 turnovers and 7 nonoffensive scores in 2 games is a good way to open the year

• Like Like x 1
  5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Another Game, Another Dominating Defensive Performance.

#6 Penn State 61
    Pittsburgh 21

Field goals were about all Penn State could muster after Derrick Johnson scored from 14 on their first drive of the game. Wiggins put 3 through the uprights in the first half, with Jackson getting another TD from 1 yard out. Up 23-0 at half, McIntosh got the scoring started in the 3rd - hooking up with WR/3rd string QB Zeigler for a 43 yard touchdown. Following a score by Pitt, Cameron was able to take the ensuing kickoff 88 yards for a TD to increase the lead to 37-7. Johnson was able to score again in the 4th following another great catch by Zeigler that got them into the redzone. The offense never could move the ball following that drive, but that wasn't the end of the scoring.

The defense, who was flying to the ball all game, really shined in the 4th. After sacking Pitt QB Brady 2 times on a drive, and backing them up to their 2, he was pressured by the defensive line and threw up a floater that was intercepted by MLB Weisbecker who ran it in for the TD. On just the next drive, they stripped RB Bennett and LE Zettel scored on the scoop and score. On the day the defense racked up 11 total sacks, 22 TFL and 3 interceptions.

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Before my write up I must say whoever did the scheduling your mother has a peg leg, a hook for a hand, and walks around Wal-Mart greeting customers saying, "ARGGHHHH ME MATEY, you going to buy some booty?!?!!" This was the most frustrating game that I have ever had against the CPU. The super LB, the breaking of every tackle, the my AI forgot what he was doing in coverage, and the 1-5-5 defense cheese by the computer was annoying. It mad me madder than a Albino hitch hiking in a snowstorm.
    Any who;

Clemson comes back to beat #15 Alabama:
    S-E-C S-E-C, errr wait, A-C-C A-C-C sounds better after this wild game. The crowd was wild, crazy, and drunk trying to portray the other Death Valley that Alabama is accustomed to playing but the Crimson Tide immediately shut them up. The crowd was stunned and looked dumbfounded as Alabama took an early 21-3 lead after the 1st quarter. The tide had two big plays, one coming from a 70 yard PA pass TD and the other from an 80 yard TD run. Clemson narrowed the gap to 11 points in the 2nd quarter but again Alabama busted 73 yard rushing TD. As the half closed The Tigers were down 30-17 but hopes were still high because they would receive the ball. To no array right out of the gates Alabama's CB made an incredible play on the ball by picking it off and taking it to the house. Down 36-14 Clemson was in a do or die situation to make a comeback. The offense roared back scoring 22 unanswered points to close the 3rd quarter with a 39-36 lead. In the 4th quarter Clemson opened up and scored yet again making 29 unanswered points and extending the lead 46-36. Alabama would then try to mount their own comeback but fell short. The final score from Death Valley was 46-43.

Join the Tigers next week as they take on the Wisconsin Badgers from Camp Randall here at Death Valley!

Notable Stats:
    Tony McNeal- 20/36, 332 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs
    Charone Peake- 5 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD; 6 KRs, 216 yards, 1 TD
    Freddie Hackett- 9 Tackles
    Marco Mitchell- 1 Tackle, 1 INT, 1 TD

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Defensive game of the century? Apparently you have forgotten my 10-7 win over Oshi two years ago in which his only score came on a pick-6. And my defense made a goalline stand at the very end when he had 1st and goal from the 3.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

F the new dynasty wire. The old one finally got to the point where it didn't pop up errors and drop my phone calls. This one just did it twice. Both on guys I was spending the full hour on. So I basically just wasted two hours of recruiting time... One of them isn't as big of a deal, but the other one is very good 4 star ath that I'm recruiting against another user for...

• Like Like x 1
  9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Wake/PSU had the makings of a defensive game of the century... but then we hit the 4th quarter. :p

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and I forgot how to defend user catches..

by the way, yall gonna come to Winston-salem next year?

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic did you turn CPB's on? my PB isn't much different then the regular Oregon book, but there are some things I'd like to have that I don't right now.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#22 Wake Forest 49
    @
    Boston College 16

This one was a lot closer then the score says, as it was 14-10 midway through the third quarter, after that Wake really turned it up on both sides of the ball. Wake had 2 interception returns for scores in the fourth quarter, and forced 5 turnovers on the day (4 int's 1 fumble). The Wake offense churned out 420 yards, as Josh Grady led the way going 13-23 for 200 yards and a TD through the air, while also racking up 68 yards on 9 attempts and 2 scores. Most of the rushing yards came on a fake jet sweep that Grady took 54 yards to the house. RS frosh Scott Webb had his coming out party as he racked up 46 yards on just 5 carries in the fourth quarter as Drew Brown and Orville Reynolds kept getting knicked up. Reynolds finished with 16 attempts for 63 yards, and Brown had 44 yards on 7 attempts. Brown also had a TD. Terrance Campbell had 8 catches for 136 yards and a score to lead the receivers. Freshman LB's Brandon Holmes and Daryl Little each had an interception, with Holmes scoring with his. Eddy Peoples also had a pick six.

"Josh [Grady] really came on towards the end of the game today. I think we saw him take another step towards being the leader of this team," said Coach Kasper after the game.

13. fuzzyl0gic

CoachRedd play the CPU, I should've known better with that guy. He always disappears. Just waiting on Redd to play VT, and also hornfaninbama and Philstyle3005 to play their CPU games. Hopefully we can advance tonight.

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll have mine finished right after I get off work. Was going to play it after I was done recruiting last night, but couldn't stay awake.

15. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'll get mine done in an hour or so when I get home.

16. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

I sent you a message on live. I haven't had a whole lot of free time to check the forums, as I've been busy with work and such.

17. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Nebraska beats southern miss 55-17. Gore scored from 71 yards, 63 yards and 9 yards. Harrison scored on a 75 yard fumble recovery. Gore had 213 on 19 carries through the 1st half. Cory king had 8 carries for 106 as a back up QB. Ruffin forced 2 fumbles. Santos and Burns had 9 tackles and 8 tackles.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 55
    Notre Dame 17

Michigan really turned it on in the 4th quarter, scoring 2 defensive touchdowns, and the back up QB taking it 60 yards for a TD on a speed option play. Before the 4th, this game was still a very close game. David Harrison was knocked out for the game early on, so Freshman Joe Larsen was asked to throw a lot more passes than he probably ever will throw in any other game. Larsen ended up throwing 30 passes for 431 yards, a new school record, and 4 touchdowns. Larsen did have 2 red zone interceptions though, and 2 other interceptions that can't completely be blamed on him. Drew Johnson had 125 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns and Sean McDougal had 95 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns. The defense forced 4 interceptions, including 2 by Nick Callahan who was moved from CB to FS at the beginning of the season. The Wolverines look to continue to protect their #1 ranking again in Week 5, while they're in a bye in Week 3.

19. fuzzyl0gic

Ah that's cool I didn't see it. I'll invite you back.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

How do I dislike a post?

• Like Like x 1
  21. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I went ahead and destroyed Va Tech 56-17 while Total Doubt was on vacation. I have no sympathy either Total Doubt, get better assistant coaches.

• Like Like x 1