Season 5 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by uncleho, Jun 10, 2010.

1. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Jan 20, 2010
    Season 5 Week 4

Boston College 14
    #25 Clemson 42

Roderick McDowell had 139 rushing/receiving yards and 3 TD's to lead the Tigers to their second conference win of the season.
  2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Jul 26, 2009
    #3 Stanford - 69
    Arizona State - 7

The Cardinal open up conference play with a dominating performance on the road in week 4. QB Josh Nunes had a big game, completing 18 of 23 passes for 269 yards with 3 TD passes, while adding 57 yards with 2 scores on the ground. Despite the great play of Nunes, the story of the game was the Cardinal defense. ASU was completely overwhelmed by the speed of Stanford, which led to multiple turnovers. The Cardinal forced an unbelievable 7 turnovers (6 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery) and sophomore CB Mark Turner had 4 interceptions alone. Although the Sun Devils eventually scored in garbage time during the 4th, the Cardinal proved why they have one of the best defenses in the country today. The only negative to draw from this game is the loss of All-American HB Tyler Gaffney for 2 weeks. Even this isn't so bad as his replacement, senior HB Stepfan Taylor, may be the best backup in the country. Next week Stanford heads home to face Oregon State in a game with huge recruiting implications.
  3. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Mar 4, 2010
    bsta and I just got done with a great game in East Rutherford.

On the strength of a 137 yard, 1 TD day from stud Frosh RB Mike Perkins, IU brings a 30-21 victory back home to Bloomington. The IU running game couldn't get anything going in the first half (possibly they were still reeling from the 51-7 drubbing Beez put on them while I was on "away"; couldn't you have taken it easy on my boys? lol), but eventually started to wear down the Rutgers D and got a solid running game together in Half 2. bsta's Scarlet Knights showed a really solid balanced offense in the first 3 quarters, but had to go five wide for the 4th quarter in a last ditch attempt to take back the lead (which came very close to working if it weren't for a major clock-killing drive in the 4th Q by my Offense). He made IU's D look really bad for the majority of the game, and I was incredibly fortunate to come out with the win. bsta's really solid at knowing where a play's going and calling a play to stop it (whereas I just throw a dart at my playbook and hope it calls something that will stop a guy), and it took some intense reading of the D for me to get anything whatsoever going throughout most of the game.

Injuries heavily affected this game, so I don't feel too good about it. bsta lost his stud RB (for a week) and his QB (not sure for how long), and I, for the second year in the row, lost my best player for the season. Senior WR Duwyce Wilson is out for the season with a broken collarbone, putting even more of a burden on Perkins' tiny Freshman shoulders.

bsta, great game, and I hope that my Northern Illinois Huskies get to take on your team next year in 2011. It's nice to play other guys with balanced offenses, and you've got a good one going in Rutgers. Thanks for the game.
  4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    We will play every year. NIU vs Toledo is a rivalry game in the MAC west. In real life, Toledo has won something like 16 of the last 17 years. Good game ociu. Your RB is tough.