Season 5 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by kdpnutter, Mar 16, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

We have advanced as I stated, next advance I believe is going to be Sunday, so starting scheduling games now and let's be pro-active in this (y)

mboda We have a game this week so let's schedule this ASAP.

2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Man... This one is gonna be hard. If I have a user game, I'm gonna stay dropped. Friday-Sunday are hell for me for scheduling games.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's gonna be up to Mustang when he gets back on Sunday if he wants to keep the advance then or not (y)

FYI, you have a bye week this week so your good

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Seems someones on a power trip .....

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

LOL powertrip? I don't think so, I just did as was asked, advanced it on Friday, set it for Sunday and said let's be proactive on getting games done and ultimate thing with advance time is Mustang's call when he gets back. However, if you have any questions or concerns with what I'm doing feel free to pm me and we can discuss it. I have done nothing outside of what Mustang left me for instructions. (y)

6. Raidernation

My concern is that you were asked to boot a guy so I could get the game in and you didn't, I made several posts in regard to my week three game read around .... The guy had scheduling issues which is why we didn't get the game in in-time. Never before have I had an issue playing a user vs user. Being as though my game was the one simmed it would've been nice to get a heads up in the Falcon vs Lions thread, if you had done so you would have seen the reason for the delay in the match up. Further, yesterday wasn't the day it was scheduled Friday was the day he asked for a boot because he wasn't gonna be around. Look dude, most guys around here have jobs and hectic schedules just know that next time you look around and wonder why games aren't played. Please ask questions, don't just make declarations and assumptions. :cool:

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Look dude? I work for as a member of the United States Army as a medic so my job is 24/7 365 days a year, so I know all about hectic schedules and as far as "having jobs" it is the definition of having a job and if you read the thread which I just did, it was done up on the 15th at 7:23pm was the first post. I'm not going to have a public outcry and back and forth. He asked to be booted 30 mins before advance which as I stated I was sleeping, I had just worked a 30 hour straight shift, said it was going to be done by 5 pm PST and that was before I went to bed that morning. As I said if you have any questions in regards to it feel free to pm me but not going to have a public back and forth and if necessary when Mustang comes back I'll be happy to bring it up to him and let him see everything for himself. I tagged all of you who hadn't played before I went to bed as a reminder, that morning.

Have a nice day and once again if you have any questions feel free to PM me but not going to do a back and forth on the forums this is going to be my last response into it. (y)

8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Just for my two cents: It's hard to go and post saying Hey, boot me! when I'm at work or busy picking up the yard due to the ridiculous winds we had inbetween the two warnings. In the other thread, I did say I'd drop but was never able to. Back when I was running a dynasty (NCAA), if a guy posted saying that he'd put himself on autopilot (same thing as the boot), if I got on and he wasn't on autopilot, I'd do it for him. No reason to just wait when you have the ability to help out on it. If that guy gets on and is able to play, he can easily rejoin/take himself off autopilot to play the game if able. I don't know your schedule, so I don't know what time you were able to get on. But if Raider was online at the time you got on to advance, messaging him and saying you were going to boot me and delaying the advance is, IMO, a better and more fair option.

I'm not saying your way didn't work. Just for something particular like this, there was another option that could have been used. As I said, I had zero problem with me not playing it and being kicked. I also didn't want an extension because I don't want to slow up the dynasty. But as I said before, if I see someone say they have to have the game done by before a certain time and it's obvious that game won't be done by that time (at work by 5:30, minimum 5 minutes to get ready and go if close because nobody knows how long the other people drive to work), a 4:45 time would be by far late enough to realize there's no hope of getting that game in.

Again, not trying to be a dick or anything. Just putting out thoughts in case the scenario comes up again.

But with the whole thumbs up at the end of the posts, those just seem sarcastic as hell to me. Not going to lie, they annoy the hell out of me the way there were used in two posts. Does seem like a sort of STFU thing.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually as most can attest to that play in TMFL, the thumbs up is kinda of a trade mark for me. I do it in just about every post and not meant in a STFU thing or GFYS or something like that. I just like the thumbs up aspect so not meant in any bad way shape or form (y)

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Alright, I can live with that. Just guess I'm used to people giving sarcastic thumbs up nonstop to people at my work that I assume all in the type of posts going on here are sarcastic. My apologies on that one.

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I did see it as I wrote on Friday morning about getting your game in, however as I stated I went to bed after I made my post I was up for 30 hours straight at that point and gave a time that I would advance, I set my alarm clock to wake up and advance. That's what I did, I did not receive a message or even a tag stating anything in regards to any updates on games. It might have been good for someone to do that and I'm not saying you because reading it, yes you were definitely more occupied with more pressing needs and completely understand. However before I advanced I checked on Madden to make sure no games were in progress. I didn't even get a message on XBL saying "Hey can you kick Roggie so I can play my game" in that case I would have and let him play no problem.

All I'm saying is communication would be good in regards to everything (y)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  12. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I should be able to knock my game out later today around 7:00 CST.

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yep. Like I said before, I'm just throwing out suggestions. I made my post late, but it was the earliest I could make it while at work. And since I'm using my phone (and an app) at work, tagging people isn't the easiest thing to do. I think we can all agree that it wasn't handled 100% perfectly by any of the three of us involved, but at least it was a good learning lesson and let us all throw out some thoughts.

But Raidernation, I do apologize if my team won the sim game. Haven't checked yet (especially since I have a bye), but I know you'd have beaten the CPU as bad as you'd have beaten me.

14. Raidernation

hey its all good fellas I've moved on .... I did lose though ... won't make or break the season, I just want an opportunity to lose or win every game on my schedule thats the biggest part. (y)

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Playing my game now. Busy weekend

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's all good I'm tracking what games are played and what ones haven't so far. (y)

ParkerR83
    I Peench
    Jmustang1968

You three are the only ones left with games, and Mustang I know your probably just getting home later tonight so no big deal on you. Parker you missed your last game too, is something up?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

playing now

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

(y) Thank you sir.

19. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

np. been fishing all weekend only on tso via phone so i lost track

20. gogiants98

gogiants98 Walk On

advance going to be tonight or tomorrow?

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'm gonna hold off until tomorrow as to give Mustang a chance to play his game as he said he was getting back late Sunday.

Mustang and Parker are the only two that need to play. Mustang I know about and Parker I've tagged twice now for last week and this week's game and haven't heard anything so I have no idea what's up with him so once Mustang plays his, we will advance (y)

22. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Dang, wish I would have known earlier we were going to push back. I rushed through my game to get it done and lost by 3. Could have easily got a win had I taken my time.

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Anytime you start a game I will never ever advance until your done so always feel free to take your time during a game. I will never advance if I see a game started (y)

I will apologize if you felt rushed at all.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

No it's no big deal. I knew you wouldn't advance if I was playing my game. I only had a small window yesterday to play so I squeezed it in there. Lol.

25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Advance will be in about 30 mins (y)