Season 5 Week 5 Results Show

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Jun 13, 2010.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Season 5 Week 5 Results Show

Post em up Bitches

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Colorad 49
    Oklahoma State 0

In Coach Dakota's first season at Colorado, the Cowboys scored a come from behind victory on some real magical 4th quarter plays. A few years later and Coach D gets some well-deserved payback. Amir Anderson threw for over 400 yards and 5 tds in this game. The running game was very effective, totalling over 150 yards.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#10 Notre Dame 19
    #4 Texas A&M 41

The aggies lean heavy on the rushing attack and send #10 Notre Dame back home with a loss. After the 1st qtr ended all square at 7-7 the aggie offense went to work outscoring ND 34-12 over the next 3qtrs to win 41-19. TAMU dominated the time of possession 22:19mins to only 7:49mins for ND.

A&M now goes to work to keep thier undefeated season rolling against Colorado which has beaten the aggies the last 2 games.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #5TAMU 7 14 10 1o 41
    #20 ND 7 6 6 0 19

TAMU ND
    First Downs 20 7
    Total Offense 408 283
    Rushes-Yds-TDs 52-175-1 13-40-1
    Comp-Att-TD 15-23-4 10-24-3
    Passing yds 233 243
    3rd down 12-18 4-8
    4th down 3-3 0-0
    RZ/TD/FG 5-5-2 2-2-0
    Turnovers 1 2

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

WVU 13
    Rutgers 23

Rutgers sends the Mountaineers back to "God's Country" with a 23-13 defeat. Rutgers' defense played tough all day, allowing -2 rushing yards on 29 attempts. The offense was still anemic. The offensive line and quarterback situations have not improved and it will be a long season. Overall, it was a sound conference win for a Knights squad lacking in experience.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Too bad as poor as WVU has been in football at times, Rutgers has been worse. 16 years and counting since the last time Rutgers beat WVU (9 years and counting since the 80-7 beating).

Of course, the way CPU WVU recruits, I'm sure they have 10 CBs and 5 LBs on the roster with nothing resembling a speedy QB on the roster.

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I did not look at their roster. I usually have good results on defense against that style of offense because you can tell where the ball is going based on alignment. I think WVU is ranked B overall.

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#3 Stanford - 69
    Arizona State - 0

The Cardinal record their first shutout of the year in front of a packed house at The Farm. Spectators would be hard pressed to tell you which unit played better, as the Cardinal were absolutely electrifying on both sides of the ball. Heisman candidate QB Josh Nunes had another big game, completing 19 of 28 passes for 324 yards with 5 TDs and 0 interceptions. His main target was WR Craig Ellis (7 receptions - 92 yards - 1 TD) but TE Levine Toilolo provided the excitement by beating a safety in coverage and hauling in a 57 yard TD pass from Nunes. HB Stepfan Taylor, filling in for injured star Tyler Gaffney, ran for 100 yards and 2 TDs on only 13 carries.

On the other side of the ball, the Cardinal limited ASU to 70 yards total offense (lowest I've ever allowed in this game) by playing excellent run defense and successfully applying the pressure on passing downs. All American DE Kyle Hurd had 3 sacks, while DE Sean Franklin got to the QB twice and set the school record for career sacks (previous record was 41).

The coaching staff hopes that today's performance goes a long way toward building a solid recruiting class, as five of the top high school prospects in the country were on hand to watch this dominating effort by Stanford. Next up, the 4-0 Cardinal travel to Autzen Stadium to play Oregon.

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Wake Forest 14
    #22 Clemson 54

Wake kept this game close in the first quarter holding Clemson to two field goals and a couple of punts to start the game, but once the Tiger offense started clicking it was over. A kick return for a TD to start the second half and a fumble return for a TD in the fourth when Wake Forest fumbled away a kick return gave the Tigers 14 points. The Clemson defense played great on all but two drives where they got lazy and left RB's open in the flats for a big gain that set up a TD and a 59 yard TD pass. Second/third string offense played most of the entire second half.

9. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

UCLA-17
    Cal-14

UCLA won this one despite the cpu's best efforts to screw me. I had 2 long TD runs called back because of clipping calls, one on my TE who never engaged anyone and was on the other side of the field. I also 2 short FG attempts clank the uprights arena football style. Other than that, it was another great day rushing for true frosh J.J. Johnson gaining 124 yds on 19 carries and a score. I know recruiting is moot this season but I picked up commitments from 3 top targets this week. :4stars: HB (#5) Joe Gonzalez 6-0 204 out of San Mateo, CA. :4stars: C (#8) Jacob Atkins 6-3 263 out of Cleveland, TX and :4stars: G (#16) Aaron Evans 6-5 267 out of Sugarland, TX all made the right choice.

EDIT: this is actually a week 6 game. I'll cut and paste when that thread starts.