Season 5 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Season 5 Week 6

Ok, Twister has sent out new invites. I'm going to Vegas this weekend, so you're in Twist's capable hands. Only 1 user game, the rest are CPU games.

Texas AM vs Colorado

Scarecrow has retired. Twist, you can remove him or just set him to autopilot. Either way works.

Good luck. Advance as soon as the games are in.

2. dakota7

Slick, I'm leaving on Thursday morning. What is your schedule like the next 36 hours?

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

UCLA-17
    Cal-14

UCLA won this one despite the cpu's best efforts to screw me. I had 2 long TD runs called back because of clipping calls, one on my TE who never engaged anyone and was on the other side of the field. I also 2 short FG attempts clank the uprights arena football style. Other than that, it was another great day rushing for true frosh J.J. Johnson gaining 124 yds on 19 carries and a score. I know recruiting is moot this season but I picked up commitments from 3 top targets this week. HB (#5) Joe Gonzalez 6-0 204 out of San Mateo, CA. C (#8) Jacob Atkins 6-3 263 out of Cleveland, TX and G (#16) Aaron Evans 6-5 267 out of Sugarland, TX all made the right choice.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I can play tonight until about 9:00cst tonight.

Wed night I can play from 6cst until about 9:00cst.

I work during the day from 8-5

5. dakota7

I don't think tonight will work for me. We're dropping my son off at grannys and then have shit to do before we leave. You can just play the cpu. Twist, can you set me to AP?

6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Miss: 42 Fla: 35

QB Ricky Cotton had a solid day going 22/27 for 261 yards and 2 tds with 1 int. Freshman TE Gerald Clay had a career day with 8 catches for 101 yards and 1 td. James Logan had 5 catches for 107 and busted the game open with an 89 yards KO return for a td.

7. Twister18

Is there anyone still needing an invite? I would like to advance as soon as possible.

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If they did and haven't posted by now...

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I think we are just waiting on GWill, who appears to have disappeared from these forums.

I took a while and I'm sorry about that. Hard to get interested in playing the CPU in '10, even if it was Ohio State, with the '11 demo out and such.

10. Twister18

Have you ever picked a team yet?? :D

11. Beazus Christ

Nah...I figure Ill wait to see the rosters before I commit bc I dont know shit about the MAC.

12. dakota7

Gwill is on auto, since your game last week with him twist. So don't wait on him.

Beazus, the rest of us didn't have the benefit of seeing the rosters when we picked, so it would be really cool if you picked before they come out. It just keeps it more fair.

13. Twister18

Hey Dakota, how much have you won? I will advance here in a minute.

14. Beazus Christ

While I may have an unfair advantage in delaying my pick, I'm also at a disadvantage because I pick last and am confined to one MAC division. I could have told you that Fresno State, Nevada, and Tulsa should have solid teams. I could have told you to avoid Idaho (good luck Mors). What I couldn't do was tell you shit about the MAC. But...since you want to bust my balls Dakota you dirty Badger bastard -

Ill take Kent State* and your new 2010 Heisman darkhorse, Eugene Jarvis (well in this OD atleast).

* I got Kent State on the condition that they don't have a generic stadium in the game. If they do, then I'll take the fifth best MAC East team with a custom stadium.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You bring Kent State (or whatever team you take) to Idaho and we'll kick your sorry asses back to whatever state you came from. (y)

Beazus, something you have to remember is, I don't give a shit how bad the team is. I LOVE taking the shittiest team available because then when I kick the shit out of a user (aka squeak out a win) or beat the shit out of whatever powerhouse CPU team I get on my schedule, I feel that much better about the win. It sucks to play with a good team against the CPU and it sucks even more to play another user with a good team.

Hell, when I took Akron in TF4, they were one of if not the shittiest teams in the MAC (and probably will be this year as well), but I had a blast battling for recruits in Ohio and using the triple option to fuck people up.

Give me 2 seasons, and anyone that plays against Idaho won't know what hit them.

16. dakota7

When was the last time Paul Bunyan's axe was in Minnesota???

Thanks for taking the Hot Flashes.......somebody had to.

17. Twister18

I had Akron in another dynasty and I thought they had some pretty decent talent.

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Eh, they just didn't fit my mold that I wanted to play (hard nosed running the ball) and pretty much forced me to play to me weaknesses (forcing the ball to WRs because my TEs were atrocious and my RBs had stone hands and, for the life of me, I couldn't get a decent running game out of them without abusing the triple option fleXbox One stuff).

19. Beazus Christ

When was the last time Wisconsin won a Big Ten baseball game? Just curious...

20. dakota7

Wisconsin has a baseball team?