Season 5 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Season 5 Week 7

Lets see them!

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Oklahoma State 0
    #2 Texas A&M 44

Aggies are stilling rolling. OkState was never in this one. The Aggs caming out firing on all cylinders in the 1st qtr scoring 3TDs and a safety to go up 23-0. The spirits of OKST were broken early on a 60yrd 1st qtr bomb from QB Brooks to WR McNeal for a TD. The Aggie defense not wanting to be out done by the offense put up a shutout.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #2TAMU 23 7 14 0 44
    OkST 0 0 0 0 0

TAMU OkST
    First Downs 21 8
    Total Offense 478 137
    Rushes-Yds-TDs 52-211-3 30-29-0
    Comp-Att-TD 13-30-3 13-30-0
    Passing yds 267 108
    3rd down 8-17 2-16
    4th down 3-4 0-3
    RZ/TD/FG 8-5-0 2-0-0
    Turnovers 2 3

[YOUTUBE]jmj9oh5nYJk[/YOUTUBE]

3. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Mors and I just finished a classic in Evanston. He outlasted my Hoosiers 55-52 in a game that had French Army-like defense (read: none.) I swear to you guys that this was a Football game, and not a Big 10 Basketball game, but that's the score.

The difference between a big win and a humbling loss for me was a FB dive in what I thought was a conservative 3rd down play that cued that dumb frickin' spin-down fumble force animation, which he picked up and returned for a touchdown. That animation has been the bane of my existence for the entire NCAA 10 cycle; I lose at least one of those crap-hammers a game.

After that gift, Mors was up 17 points. The Hoosiers made a furious rally (including a 52 yard field goal by my true frosh walkon kicker as time expired in the first half) to pull it within 7 at half, and after receiving the first of many kickoffs of Half 2, I see one of my WRs streaking down the center field, wide open for a TD on the Post. I lead him a little bit to let him catch it in stride, and a NU CB comes out of NOWHERE to make a leaping pick. Mors then drove down the field to take another 10 point lead, and we traded (many) scores until the end of the game, when a failed onside kick led to three kneeldowns by the Wildcat QB.

It really blows to lose a game in which you do just about everything right on offense, but that's the way s*** happens. My Frosh QB set a school record with 450-ish yards on 21-23 passing, 4 TDs and a pick. He had a freaking sick game, and my dogmeat second string WRs played better than I ever thought they could. If you tell me I'm going to Evanston and will have 550 yards of total offense with my All-Big Ten RB injured on the bench, I'm going to tell you that I have a blowout win and that the Wildcats are heading home with their tails between their legs, but Mors had other ideas. His TE had a freak day, catching 7 passes for more than a hundy, my CBs forgot how to defend slant routes entirely and gave up at least 150 off of slants over the middle, and my safeties must have been in Chicago watching the Cubs play, because they sure as hell weren't defending anyone in the stadium today.

In a game between two evenly matched teams, his team got more breaks than my Hoosiers did, but I can't feel too badly about losing a game to Mors. He's a solid player, and I wish him luck the rest of the season.

Still, I hope I kick your a** next time you come to Bloomington. I owe you one.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

:D

Hell of a game man. That's the worst my defense has played ever in this game. I fucked myself numerous times and that last bomb you got totally pissed me off as my CB just went flying to the right for no fuckin' reason at all. I BARELY touched the stick to move him into place to intercept the ball and he goes flying across the fuckin' screen, leaving your dude WIPE open. Needless to say, I feel EXTREMELY lucky that I got away with that win. Jesus christ that was terrible defense... I will definitely never be using the 4-3 defensive playbook again in this game.

5. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#4 Stanford - 70
    Washington - 28

The Cardinal roll to a big win on the road against conference foe UW. Josh Nunes continues to improve on his impressive season, as he completed 16 of 17 passes for 343 yards and 5 scores. WR Craig Ellis and TE Levine Toilolo both had over 100 yards receiving, while George Williams barely missed the century mark with 95 yards. The ground attack was also effective as Tyler Gaffney and Stepfan Taylor both rushed for over 100 yards.

The defense allowed a season high 28 points, and it should have allowed more points but UW was unable to convert on 2 possessions inside the redzone.

Next week, the Arizona Wildcats come to the Farm.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Colorado 45
    Texas 0

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Big bad Texas couldn't do a thing on offense and Amir Anderson was nearly unstoppable, throwing for 455 and 4 tds.

7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#13 Clemson 34
    NCSU 23

Clemson gets the win even with the NCSU defense keeping it close. QB Tajh Boyd threw a pick six when he misread Cover 2 defense in the second quarter allowing NCSU to take a 20-17 lead. A field goal before halftime tied the game at 20-20. Boyd was picked off in the second half by a great defensive play by freshmen CB Joe Crum, who snubbed Clemson during recruiting, but the Clemson offense was ultimately too much.

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Rutgers 14
    Connecticut 9

The game was about as interesting as the score. Rutgers threw 4 INT, including a pick-6. But, the defense played well the entire game.

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Twist, you have an ETA on when this is getting advanced yet?

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its gonna advance sometime today, and then I'm gonna take the file back and send new invites.

11. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Sounds good!

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Ole Miss: 34 WVU: 23

The Rebels pulled another close one from the Mountaineers with QB Rick Cotton having an off day and finishing 16/38 for 251 yards and 2 tds and ints.