Season 5 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 51
    Minnesota 0

Michigan opens up B1G play with a dominating performance over the Gophers. This was a game was out of hand as soon as it started. The Gophers only managed to put up 69 yards of total offense and had -11 rushing yards. Freshman Joe Larsen ended the day with 252 yards and 4 touchdowns, all in the 1st half. Harrison had 16 rushes for only 55 yards and a touchdown. Sophmore Corey Davis had his biggest game of his young career with 141 yards and 2 touchdowns. Michigan will take on Michigan St next week and you can expect much of the same type of performance they put on today.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UVA beats UNC on a desperate hail mary pass 23-20. Both teams defenses came out to play early and didn't let up at all. Both teams went ended the first quarter with a 0-0 tie. Then Virginia was able to put up only 3 points with only 4 minutes left in the second quarter. North Carolina scored 10 unanswered points in the third quarter thanks to the legs of Romar Morris. He scored on a 73 yard run which killed the Cavalier's confidence. Interceptions were the reason why UNC didn't run away with this one. Driving down the field they threw a crucial INT and UVA capitalized off of it. The Cavaliers scored 20 points in the 4th quarter to steal a win away from UNC. UNC threw 5 interceptions and had 1 fumble taken away from them, while UVA threw 4 interceptions and had a fumble taken away from them.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Welcome to Week 7!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-0) ===============

Last week, North Carolina won 38-3 against Miami (3-2).

This week, the Tar Heels will host #6 Virginia (5-0).

In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) LG Bryan Barrett has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #6 Virginia Cavaliers (5-0) ===============

Last week, Virginia won 43-22 against Florida State (3-2).

This week, the Cavaliers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #4 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-0).

In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) FS Jason Gaines has committed to Virginia

- (***) DT Matt Butler has committed to Virginia

- (***) LT Maurice Riley has committed to Virginia

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-3) ===============

Last week, Purdue won 45-28 against Notre Dame (2-3).

This week, the Boilermakers are idle.

In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) RT Robert Turner has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============

Last week, Michigan won 32-7 against Mississippi State (3-1).

This week, the Wolverines will host Minnesota (3-1).

In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) RT Evan Powell has committed to Texas

- (****) FS Jared Gipson has committed to Ohio State

- (*****) CB Mike Mason has committed to TCU

=============== #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1) ===============

Last week, Iowa won 33-17 against Michigan State (3-2).

This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Lincoln to face the #12 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-2).

In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) RE Bryan Lee has committed to Notre Dame

- (****) LE Michael Reid has committed to Notre Dame

- (****) LG David Bullock has committed to Miami

- (****) RT Jovon Corbett has committed to Arkansas

- (****) RT Dennis Smith has committed to Texas

=============== #15 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-2) ===============

Last week, Wake Forest won 28-24 against Georgia Tech (0-5).

This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-4).

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============

Last week, Penn State won 45-21 against Indiana (1-4).

This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1).

In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) ROLB Jeremy Williamson has committed to USC

- (****) RT Michael Peters has committed to Penn State

=============== #12 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-2) ===============

Last week, Nebraska won 56-44 against Kansas (2-1).

This week, the Cornhuskers will host #8 Iowa (4-1).

In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) FS Jason Gaines has committed to Virginia

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) ===============

Last week, Wisconsin won 61-24 against West Virginia (2-3).

This week, the Badgers travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (2-2).

In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) CB Preston Russell has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #7 Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============

Last week the Tigers were idle.

This week, the Tigers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (3-2).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (3-2) ===============

Last week, NC State lost 27-20 against Kentucky (2-3).

This week, the Wolfpack will host #7 Clemson (3-1).

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Finds Way To Win

#2 Penn State 26
    Ohio State 20

The Nittany Lions needed a few breaks to go in their favor after falling behind 13-7 before halftime. Luckily they got some. Right before half McIntosh, who was having a horrible game, threw up a desperation pass when he was about to get sacked. Somehow, WR Markell Cameron was able to make the catch and outrun the defense for the 75 yard TD pass. The defense got another break when they stripped the OSU RB to set up a 53 yard field goal to go up 17-13 at the half. Penn State was able to ride the legs of their 2nd and 3rd string RBs after Derrick Johnson went down in the first series of the game. After stopping a OSU drive with a Weisburger one handed catch, the running backs were able to get in the redzone and Ryan Moore took it in from 7 yards out to give PSU the 24-13 lead. In the 4th following a punt that was downed at the 2, the defensive line was able to tackle their RB after a stupid pitch in the endzone for a safety. OSU scored late, but the offense was able to get a couple first downs to run out the clock.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wisconsin embarrasses Northwestern 55-10 on the road

For the first time this season perhaps, the Badgers had a successful rushing and passing attack. The defense played great but didnt force many turnovers and it allowed the offense to set up and play football. Mayo torched the NU secondary when ever he got the chance on his way to going 14/17 for 272 yards and 4 TDs. Buckey led the way with 5 grabs for 95 yards and 2 scores while Gray and Whitlock joined in. The new spread offense is really starting to set in with the players and players are loving it. Even Melvin Gordon and Kenzel Doe did their things from the backfield. Gordon took 19 carries for 158 yards including two long scores while Doe went for 117 yards on just 4 carries with a 76 yard score.
    Fisher continued to dominate opposing QBs on his way to two more sacks while Adeyanju tacked on on also. Freshman CB Adam Evans pulled in 2 interceptions taking them back a combine 77 yards but not able to reach the endzone. CB Neil Bridges recovered one of the 3 forced fumbles on the day.
    The only offense on the day for Northwestern came in blown coverage when Dickson ran down the sideline 86 yards. Otherwise the offense only managed 215 total yards

another good win for Wisconsin

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#15 Wake Forest 59
    @
    Duke 14

Wake Forest had most of the starting veterans out after halftime, and the Deacons cruised to a 45 point win against lowly Duke on Saturday. RB Orville Reynolds was the star of the first quarter, as he scored on a 19 yard reception (a simple out route dump off, and he proceeded to run circles around the JV Duke defense) and a beautiful 64 yard dash. Kicker Bobby Jackson tacked on a 55 yard field goal as well in the first frame.

The second half saw LB Daryl Little, CB George Simmons, and LB Brandon Holmes each return an interception. Little and Holmes going 74 yards each, and Simmons taking it a quick 24. Duke also got both their scores before halftime, with the Blue Devils putting together a drive capped by a 15 yard TD toss, and safety Houston returning a bad pitch by QB Josh Grady.

After halftime, it was the AJ Goodman show. The former 4 star RB made his first considerable amount of PT quite the display, scoring on runs of 16 and 36 yards while also having a 70 yarder called back on a holding call. Speedster WR Bobby Carroll also had a gorgeous 54 yard catch and run in the fourth quarter.

QB Josh Grady wasn't asked to do much, going 2-6 for 22 yards with a TD and an INT during his time on the field. RS frosh Dan Parrish hit the field for the first time in his career, and looked good going 8-11 for 111 yards with a TD and INT. AJ Goodman is looking like he may overtake Scott Webb for the #3 RB spot, and possibly make a push next season for the starting spot after some good looking runs. He finished with 90 yards on 10 rushes and 2 TDs. Orville Reynolds put together 86 yards on just 5 carries including a score.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Ouch...I lost to Steamer43 on a hail mary pass at the end of the game one season. I was so pissed I just turned off the xbox... Then I got to see the lovely video again when Steamer posted it...with music of course.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I tend to like covering hail mary's with my Defense 5 yards trailing streaking receivers too. It's a strong scheme :confused:

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't know how mad fuzzy was, all I know was I was up and running around the house when I caught that pass lol I saw one of my receivers got behind all of the secondary somehow and I launched it, surprised nobody swatted it down.

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Guess the Cavaliers will be heading to their first ACC championship appearance :)

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

You were happier than a fat kid stuck in a candy shop
    & fuzzy was madder than a legless ethipoian watching a donut roll down a hill

• Like Like x 2
  15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hell... That's where you're going...

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I knew you'd still have that video... And god knows why my CB got so burnt and my safety over the top just didn't seem to care.... I still cry to this day

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

On the bright side tho, it gives me another look at my old DE Adam Carter. H4Y HOF'er right there. Oh how I miss his unstoppable pass rush.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Was he the one on the video who got about half way there, or the one that didn't come close?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

LOL, halfway... He's #44. But to be fair. He got around the tackle pretty quick and then had to go through the guard.

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This is why I wasn't around at all last night, I just turned the xbox and TV off and took a deep breath. I was about to go get something to eat with my girl, so I couldn't lose my shit too much over a video game lol. I was pissed though, good thing she was there or I would've broken something.

-Cougars- you were like on roids on the sticks in that game. The defense you were running, I've gotta figure it out. You load the box and blitz a lot, so it's like ok an easy pass, but then you switch to the nearest defender the pass is going to and make an INT. It's like you can cover 2 of my targets with 1 defender. WTF?!

That hail mary pass, I was in dime 3-2-6 and cover 2. I should've gone cover 4. Conservative pass D. I knew it was going deep, I watched you launch it. I said to myself "I'll let the CPU swat it for me, if I user my guy I just know I'll fuck up." and my defenders don't even try!!!! They just watch the ball sail over their heads into the end-zone. Man I was feeling SICK. Why didn't I user swat it?/ AHHH

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

haha I know, he owned that first guy. just had to give you shit... and what a coincidence.. my soon to be stud DE is #44. He's starting to get into the backfield a little more (granted it was Duke) but he is looking good.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

now you know how I felt after the PSU game... if it wouldn't have been for that long pass I know my D would have stopped him because I'm really good when people go one dimensional passing against me (usually).

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I swear, half the CPU's TDs against me are just fades the chunk up there and my defender makes no effort on the ball...It's so gay

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Fricken BOBO from GT had one of those against me..