Season 5 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 29, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 8

2013 Week 8!

Next advance deadline is:
    Thursday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 Auburn (20)
    4 Florida
    6 Clemson
    8 FSU
    9 UNC
    11 VaTech
    12 Wake Forest
    19 Virginia

NR Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#19 Virginia at #9 UNC

A huge game in the ACC Coastal race. Virginia trails the Tar Heels by one game in the conference standings. A win in this one would put Virginia in the drivers seat for the ACC CG this season.

UNC will possibly be w/o Dallas Kirk as he's still listed as questionable. They will however have their stud WR Boyd and great coaching. Virginia is no stranger to the injury bug as they're playing w/o HB D. Wallace and DE D. Bryant. Virginia is coming off a disappointing loss to Clemson last week, but a big win this week would erase any disappointment that's still hanging over.

It's a big game on the road for the Cavs and being at UNC is a big advantage. This game has too much on the line for Coach Jello to let it slip away. I like UNC by a score.

Player of the Week
    UGA OLB Malcom Mitchell 13 tkls, 5 tfl, 2 sacks, INT, FF

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    P. Hall WR USC
    J. Williams HB Wake
    J. Macklin WR PSU

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If he wasn't already, Gators needs to feel really, really, really, REALLY embarrassed to have lost to me this year.......

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UVA DESTROYS UNC

Coach Moreecemos remembered that stinging loss from last season. He specifically circled this date from last year. When it was announced in the papers by Coach Jello as Vagina vs. UNC, coach had even more fuel for his burning fire to beat UNC.

"We came out wanting to destroy UNC, put our foot on their necks and make them beg for mercy...doing so with a team that on paper is nowhere near UNC, makes it all better," said Coach Moreecemos.

In the locker room, SR-FS Lovante Battle, who was on last year's team threw on some Tupac while getting dressed and getting ready for reporters. One could hear Battle saying, "I ain't no killa but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting....."

Reporters gathered around the press table surrounding coach Moreecemos, Lovante Battle, and FR-RB Mike Green. Questions were asked about how his SR-QB Ross Metheny played a great game to where in the world this new found offense came from. One reporter asked how good does 66-36 feel?

"It feels good to whip them up a bit, especially coming from a Vagina like us," said Coach Moreecemos as the room ensued with laughter. "But for these kids, it's to show we can play with anyone. We almost had Clemson two weeks ago but my own coaching mistakes hurt us in the end there. We came out with the tenacity needed to be champions. Right now, we are really beginning to believe in ourselves and that's the important thing going forward. We have to carry this momentum from here on out."

Coach had great contributions from his FR-RB Mike Green who had 162 yards rushing, 3TD's on the ground with 72 yards receiving and a TD receiving. New backup RB Allen Henderson had 3TD's himself on the ground as well.

On defense, DE Eric Johnson, who lost his starting spot to SO Dominique Bryant this season was put into the starting lineup after Bryant got hurt. He responded by sacking UNC QB's 3 times on the game. FR-CB Larry Harris and JR-LB Darnell Bonds each had 2INT's on the game with Battle and Sparrow each adding another INT. The play of the game though was when DT Dustin Hayward (who only plays when UVA goes 4DL) caught a tipped pass for an INT. He plodded his way 36 yards breaking the tackle of speed RB Wallace Russell not once but twice as he carried the RB into the endzone for the TD. "I'll never have a play like that again," joked Hayward. UVA moves to 4-2 on the season.

4. GoGators

Wow, the Vagina's win!!! I forgot about the issue with last year's game when doing my weeks preview. Had I remebered that, I would have picked Virginia as the favorite.

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ole Miss 24
    Alabama 27

I am still trying to figure out how we won this game. AJ McCarron tried his best to give the game away. He threw 5 int's in the game, one for a pick 6. Offensively HB Trent Richardson and WR Kendal Kelly did everything they could to ensure a Tide win. Kelly finished with 11 catches for 246 yards and a TD. The 246 yards set an Alabama new single game receiving record. Richardson had another solid performance by going for 132 yards and the game winning TD.

The play of the game came as Ole Miss was driving to tie or win the game. DE Corey Smiley almost got his third sack of the game as he hit the QB just as the ball was released. The ball popped into the air and was intercepted by Freshman DT Clint Ashley. Roll Tide!!!

Next up are 2 pivotal games in the SEC with Tennessee followed by LSU.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The new era of LSU football started with a 59-17 beatdown of South Carolina.

The star of the game was R. Shepard, who threw for 248 yards and 2 TD and ran for another 151 yards and 3 scores. WR R. Randle caught 8 passes for 144 yards and 2 TD.

Up next - #1 Auburn visits Death Valley. 'Nuff said.

7. jello1717

Check your PMs Gators. If your box is full, let me know.

8. GoGators

Yeah, I got the PM. I'm not sure what you want me to do. You said you're going to play out the season right?

9. jello1717

I will if you can't find anyone, but I'd prefer to leave sooner if possible.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Virginia Tech- 50
    Maryland- 0

The Hokies continue to roll as they outgained the Terps 528yds to 251yds and won the turnover battle +3. Exum and Wilson put up good numbers, but freshman RB Gary Ralph added 110yds 1 TD on only 5 carries giving VT a glimpse of the future.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn musta been a big blow I dealt....

12. Dru50

Noles, I know you mentioned you are heading out of town this afternoon. Just curious when you are back, since we are scheduled to advance tonight and you and I play next week.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn coasts to victory, large game looms ahead

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Miss St 0 0 0 6 6
    Aub 14 14 24 10 62

Tyrik Rollison 12-12 138 yards 3TD, 10 rushes 75 yards TD
    Dontae Aycock 23 rushes 183 yards 4TD
    Arnold 10 carries 65 yards TD

Dru I'll be back Saturday night, but prob go straight home to spend Easter there and back Sunday evening...

14. Dru50

OK, hit me up when you are back, with the family gone I'll be available any night after 6pm. Have a good trip.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Man I hate Bye weeks. Been chompin' at the bit to get the Noles back on the field!

16. GoGators

We'll advance tonight when I get home from work and play my game. Should be around 8pm ET.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No worries, just getting itchy to play again :)

18. GoGators

Got out of work late and have my fantasy baseball draft at 8. I'll play after that and advance then. Sorry about the delay. Blame the Man!!!

19. GoGators

#4 UF 48
    Ark 17

Gators Chew up Razorbacks

The Gators took care of the Razorbacks this Saturday as they cruised to victory. They were led by SR HB Mike Gillislee who carried 15 times for 146 yds and 3 scores. Freshman QB M. Price would also add 2 scores as the Gators rolled.