Season 5 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 1, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Week 9

2013 Week 9!

Next advance deadline is:
    Sunday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    2 Auburn (23)
    4 Florida
    6 Clemson
    8 FSU
    10 VaTech
    14 Virginia
    17 UNC
    22 Tennessee
    23 Georgia
    25 Wake Forest

NR Alabama, LSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#2 Auburn at LSU

WOW!!! For the first time, Auburn will have some serious competition in the West. Who will win this matchup of the Tigers? Auburn is the favorite on paper, but don't let LSU's 3-4 record fool you. Coach Dru can turn a program around quick and will look to do so this weekend. It's in Death Valley and Coach Noles is on a losing streak while Coach Dru is on a hot streak with the wife and kids out of town for a couple weeks. I'd say Coach Dru is in a Zen place since there's no one at home to get on his nerves :D

Call me crazy, but I like LSU in this one. Russell Shephard will need a huge game but I think he'll come through.

#22 Tennessee at Alabama

Big game of historical SEC powers. Will the Vols nation ride into Tuscaloosa and come out victorious? Or will the Tide be too much for the ground game of Tennessee?

UT's struggled at the QB position, and having a rattled QB on the road at Bama won't help. I like Coach Ceewo to get his troops motivated and play to perfection in this one to take the win behind home field advantage. They gotta stop that scary Vols rushing attack first though.

Player of the Week

QB Russell Shephard, 14/19, 248 yds, 12 car, 151 yds, 5 Total TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    S. Evans WR ND
    R. McDowell HB Clem
    B. Allen WR Minn
    D. Allen QB OU

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#6 Clemson - 59
    Georgia Tech - 17

For the second consecutive year, Clemson thumps rival Georgia Tech on the road. Clemson lost Heisman candidate HB Roderick McDowell for the game early in the first quarter and decided to air it out. The results were good, as Tajh Boyd set a Clemson school record with 6 TD passes. On the defensive side of the ball, DE Malliciah Goodman continues to show why he's the consensus #1 pick for next years NFL draft with a dominating performance that included 4 sacks. Not everything was great for the Tigers though. Freshman WR Lance Coker, a 3-star WR who surprised this year by winning a starting position, will be out for the remainder of the season with a torn hammy. Through week 9, Coker leads the team in receptions and receiving yards. This is a big blow for Clemson as their WR core is by far the weakest unit on an otherwise impressive team. Next week, Clemson plays host to TCU.

Stats - Clemson
    QB Tajh Boyd - 22/32 - 364 Yards - 6/2 (52 Yards Rushing)
    HB Tavares Williams - 8 Attempts - 67 Yards - 1 TD
    WR Steve Whitaker - 7 Receptions - 133 Yards - 3 TDs
    DE Malliciah Goodman - 11 Tackles - 4 Sacks - 1 Forced Fumble
    DT Terrell Hampton - 5 Tackles - 1 Sack - 1 Fumble Recovery

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

What happened with Wake last week? I cant see Wellar losing to the CPU. Did his game get simmed?

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

On a side note, Pryor and the Noles have a bye week and falls off the map for Heisman? Whats up with that!!!

5. GoGators

Yeah, Wellar hasn't posted or logged into the dynasty for a few days so I'm not sure what the story is. I haven't heard anything and the deadline was reached so we advanced.

I'm not sure why Pryor fell off the heisman list. The voting for that isn't very sound in my opinion but whatever. I doubt he'll win it anyways playing for that team out West.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Heisman (and other awards) are based on stats. Because Pryor had a bye week, he now has fewer yards than he would have had he played.

It's really noticeable in my Michigan offline dynasty. I always play my last game in week 13. This means that by the end of week 13 I've played more games than most teams and thus my guys have more stats. I can have guys leading for some awards, but by the end of week 15, when other teams have played their 12th game, my guys will be passed since their stats are through 12 games like mine instead of only 10 or 11 games.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Well Georgia fans have wondered what the Bulldogs would look like next season with the quarterback situation up in the air, and they just got their first look. After starting senior Mettenberg went down early in the game, third stringer Robinson was forced into action. Robinson struggled to hit any passes down field and was useless in Georgia's pass first offense. After some adjustments by the staff he did make the play of the game though, as he kept the ball on a shotgun option play for a 68 yard touchdown. Luckily mettenberg will be back for our important match up with Florida.

8. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Big Road Win for the Vols

#22TENN 41
    BAMA 24

Huge victory for the Volunteers winning a road user SEC game. Great game played by both coaches that ultimately came down to a kickoff return for a TD and a few kew stops by the Tennessee defense.

Players Of The Game
    Tenn :Oku 27 Carries, 161 Yards, 4 Touchdowns
    BAMA: Kelly 7 Receptions, 204 Yards, 2 Touchdowns

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Maryland - 47
    Florida State - 34

CRAP!!! Don't have much else to say about this one!

10. GoGators

[​IMG]

11. jello1717

UNC/Miami Play the Greatest Game in Coach Jello's Experience on NCAA '10

This game will go down in history as one of the greatest games of coach Jello's career. It ranked as the #2 greatest game with a score of a whopping 3184!

For the 2nd game in a row UNC had to play without their all everything HB Dallas Kirk who is still on the injured list. To make matters worse, All World WR Jheranie Boyd was knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter after only 2 catches. Then, to top it all off, starting QB Bryn Renner was given the hook in the 2nd quarter after his 2nd pick 6 in 3 minutes. This meant that Tar Heel fans caught of glimpse of the future on offense for the majority of the game. Would true FR QB Brett Payne be able to handle the pressure?

The game started slowly with Miami getting 2 1st quarter FGs to go up 6-0. The UNC offense under starting QB Renner was pretty ineffective, but a lot of that has to do with the absence of Kirk in the backfield. The 2nd quarter saw an explosion of points as the teams combined for 38 points in the quarter. UNC would get 2 rushing TDs and a FG for their 17 points. Miami's offense only managed 1 TD, but 2 50 yard pick 6s were enough to give them 21 points in the quarter. This gave them a 27-17 lead @ the half.

In the 3rd quarter UNC got their 3rd rushing TD of the day (all from 5 yards out of less) to cut the lead to 27-24. This joyful feeling was short lived as Miami HB Mike James would turn into Superman as he ran for a 68 yard TD to make it a 2 score lead again.

The 4th quarter would see the southpaw true FR QB Brett Payne etch his name into Tar Heel folklore forever. After a UNC FG, Miami would score on a 20 yard TD pass to extend the lead to 41-27 with only 4:31 remaining in the game. Payne would answer a minute later with a 43 yard strike of his own to Hodges to cut the lead to 7. Miami was forced to punt on their next possession, but then so was UNC. After forcing a 3 and out and having to burn all of their timeouts, UNC got the ball back on their 30 with 2:00 remaining in the game, down by 7. Payne led the drive down the field. He ended up converting on 2 4th downs on the drive (making him 3/3 on the day) as he drove them down the field. On the 2nd 4th down conversion, he got them to the 18 with 7s remaining, but the receiver was tackled in the field of play. Payne rushed everyone to the line and took the snap. He hit Wilson over the middle in the end zone just over the outstretched hand of a Miami defender for a TD with 2s remaining. UNC kicked the extra point to send the game into overtime.

In OT UNC forced Miami to kick a FG. On UNC's possession, Payne converted yet another huge 3rd down conversion to keep the drive going. On 2nd and goal from the 3, Payne hooked up with Henderson for the game winning TD to complete the dramatic comeback victory.

Miami's defensive line destroyed the UNC line. Payne was rushed all day long to the tune of 7 sacks. He was able to keep his cool, however, and ended up throwing for 274 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs. He also earned himself the starting job until he screws up badly. UNC didn't get much of a running game going and we're desperately hoping that Kirk can return soon. With Boyd missing almost the entire game, receivers Hodges and Henderson stepped up in a big way, combining for 13 receptions, 222 yards, and 2 TDs. Defensively DE Jacobs was huge as he recorded 3 sacks.

Next up the Heels will host a 1-6 BC team. We've struggled with bad teams so far this year, so hopefully the change @ QB will help us out in this one.

12. GoGators

Wow, that's how a game against Miami should be at least. Way to battle back Jello.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Need another day at least til Monday, games got rained out on sat and played today. We are on our way back now but won't be able to get the game in. Monday if not tuesday because we play again Monday but should be able to play aub lsu tomorrow

14. GoGators

alright, just keep us posted.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Probably worked out for the best that you weren't back last night Noles. I've been sick as a dog for 3+ days and the last thing I wanted to do was play NCAA last night.

I'm still sick today but trying to tough it out at work, I can probably play tonight, but you aren't getting me at my best that's for sure (see how I threw that in to give myself an out when you kick the **** out of me?).

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

17. Dru50

Noles, I'm not going to be able to play tonight.

Gators-if you need to put me on AP that's cool.

18. GoGators

I'm thinking that this game may need to be simmed. It's unfair to put Dru on auto when he was available all weekend. We need to advance since it's already been 4 days.

19. Dru50

I'd really rather you let noles play the cpu than do a sim. I just joined SE 2 games ago and he has earned his undefeated record. My team will almost certainly win a sim, since my roster is stronger and I'm at home.

But you are the commish, it is obviously your call.

20. GoGators

alright, Dru has deferred, I'll set LSU to auto pilot. Noles please play the game tonight so I can advance us by morning at the latest.

21. KnightNoles

We just got done bout an hour and half drive and I'll shower and get it in. Honestly if I was set on AP I would have been a lil upset...

22. jello1717

Why, if the deadline was yesterday? You don't think that's fair?

23. KnightNoles

Because, I told you all that I was in college and playin baseball. We had a road trip that got pushed back because of rain and played on Easter, which I could have gone home and played this game on Sunday.. Plus 1 day isn't asking much, if I was put on AP and Sherm just played Dru (new guy) on AP and I have worked my butt off to get to #1.

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Blah, blah, blah. I hate Duke.

25. KnightNoles

Auburn 34
    LSU 31