Season 5, Year of the Spartans!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Jan 17, 2012.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

For years the San Jose St. program has worked around what coach T.Bone called a 5 year program. Well this is year 5 and I must say it looks like we have reached our target goal. The Spartans are led by a commanding leader in their senior QB Kevin Butler. This kid could have a Heisman caliber season at hand. T.Bone has already made a commitment to let the youngster take off and create more this season. Add to that the best WR core to date for him to throw to, a revamped O-Line, and a dangerous trio at RB and surely you have success.

On the defensive side of the ball there are some holes. Most notably on the D-Line. There is going to be a lot of pressure on the shoulders or redshirt freshman Tim Smith playing LE. If he can disrupt opposing QB's then the rest of the line will undoubtedly take care of their jobs. DT's Mike Massey and Maurice Stuckey possess good technique and should be able to slow down RB's all season long up the middle. Even with some of the possible shortcomings on the D-Line the Spartans have some pretty solid tacklers who also possess some next level speed at LB. Now the front 7 should be okay over the course of the season, but the key ingredient that will ensure their success is the secondary. Top to bottom these group of guys have what it takes to shut teams down. Highlighting this bunch is senior CB Steve Barber coming off a 3 int season, new starting FS Julian Ivey who appears to have All American written all over him, and SS Chris Lloyd who is making the move over from FS who can bring the THUD on opposing defenders.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT: Most would think Kevin Butler would be talked about in this feature, but with the emergence of WR KC Pearce there was just no way we could look past him.

KC is a 5th year senior and stands 6'3' 180lbs. This kid has a little bit of everything in him. Bolstering a 96 spd, 93 acc, 86 awr, 80 cth, and a bunch of other high level numbers make him the threat this program has needed from day one. KC is a preseason All American. Not only does he become the man this year, but quietly he was the man last year posting a 1,000 yard season with 8TD's on 52 receptions.

Predictions:

This year SJSU will be pushing for nothing less than an undefeated season along with a big Bowl game snub. T.Bone is in the final year of his three year deal and rumors are swirling that he could be headed elsewhere. With two tough user match ups against weird screen name guy and the one and only Pro and his squad over there at Kent St. there will be some challenges. Another key matchup is going to be hosting #20 TCU. Lastly, the Spartans want to ensure a rematch in the Conf. USA championship game against the Memphis Tigers who are also predicted to go pretty far in this conference this season. Only time will tell.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Great write up Good luck this year

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

love the big bowl snub line.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Thanks. I'm pretty pumped up about this season for some reason. I'm going to be practicing this game more instead of just playing when it's my turn.

Thought you guys might like the bowl game line!

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

See you at my home game conf championship TBONE!