Season 6 (2016) Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you know what to do by now I assume

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have 21 spots to fill...you California bastards fill your needs damnit, dont just take my guys to be dicks (i know this is falling on deaf ears but I had to say it)...and Colemanchu FU for taking over at USC...you suck...and the Brewers sucks and the Packers suck and everything you left behind in Wisconsin will bite you in the ass for taking over such a corrupt program. I would have much more respect and admiration had you taken you local team!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

relax buddy, this is the team i was given. it is by far a step down from the team i left, and we all know that the Packer's don't suck so get over it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Lol recchem2000 I have 2 needs and 15 spots to fill. I am taking guys that will help my program get better, not to steal from you, but you know that. Being a :5stars: program has its advantages but I'm not gonna move up on too many players' boards to jump over you. I'm mostly staying with recruiting the 20 that have me at or very near the top of their list. I am in the distinct position of not having to "dumpster dive" at this point. :p

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

You should not complain, in preparing my board last night if I wanted to sign anyone of substance out of California WSU needed to go through UCLA. I mean I took some recruit three star recruit who was #13 at their respective position because the Bruins were #1. There was no way you could pass him up.

6. gowazzucougs

I finally found the recruit he is the 13th rated DT. If you don't offer that guy a scholarship, after Week 1 I am going after him.

7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nebraska opens up 2016 recruiting with two instant commits during week 1 right after the loss to USC, guess they dont realize we have no QB.

:5stars: #12 WR Jake Lloyd out of Edwardsville, Kansas. 5'10 169. Nebraska's first 5 star recruit in my time as coach, he is solid all around and will be a great addition to the WR corps.

:4stars: #22 WR Daniel Jones out of Aspen, Colorado. 6'6 177. This guy could probably suit up at SF for the Wisconsin Basketball team ,he is tall and lanky, but fast with an A- Speed and can jump with the best of em. He also has solid hands coming in and should be a great WR.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That's called drunking venting my friend :) I think thats why my wife kidnapped me this weekend. Long week with the kids and work. Sorry for the hostility Cole...you still suck for taking USC though!

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

We had a lot of needs this season, especially across the Oline and at OLB. Week 1 I instant signed a T, and G, and CB. That took care of half my needs I believe. I do love recruiting w this team!

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

6'3" 208 lbs #6 WR #10 OVR
    :5stars: San Clemente, CA
    Darren Washington - A SPD, A- ACC, C+ CTH, B RTE, C- SPC, B- JMP
    -We really screwed ourselves when this kid inta committed last week and were forced to drop the #2 DT from our board to make room for our :5stars: allotment. That being said this kid has a pro frame and great speed to go with a decent set of skills to make a potential start.

6'1" 196 lbs #2 SS #54 OVR
    :4stars: Wynne, AR
    Nick Jones - B+ SPD, B+ ACC, B+ TKL, C+ MCV, C+ ZCV, B- PRC
    -Jones fill's a need as we have 3 senior strong safety's on the roster. He has decent and rates out well across the board and should develop into a consistent contributor for the rubbers.

11. Bucs

:4stars: #12 HB Adam Williams out of Nogales, Arizona. 6'2 180. He grades out as a power back despite his size, he probably will be a situational player at first with the potential to develop into a starter.

12. Jayrah

Ah! The first controversy via 5 star recruits! I love it when it gets juicy!

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

It just hit me that MSU has 4 QB's on the roster, all juniors and seniors. Looks like I better sign this :4stars:scrambler as the QB of the future. Also my top 4 WR's and 2 of my top 3 backs are leaving.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Whats his name?

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

It may be best not to say lol, but anyways it's Ryan Johnson. It's just me vs. Notre Dame at this point. He's got B speed, B throw power, and C+ throw accuracy. If I do sign him, he'll probably redshirt and then start for 4 years.

16. Jayrah

The Golden Bears have signed James Norman, the #4 rated qb in the class. He is a nice sized qb at 6'1, 238 and will likely start by his sophomore season. Cal has some nicely rated qbs ahead of him so he'll likely have a chance to redshirt. But Cal is in good hands (we think) for the foreseeable future.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA's recruiting this season = COMPLETELY FUCKED!

• Like Like x 1
  18. gowazzucougs

When we started this season, there were several top 3 star recruits that had UCLA #1 on. Again as I stated previously you passed on the 13th rated DT. The kid wasn't in the top 5 for his position, but 13th isn't too shabby. Then there was the 19th rated FS that had UCLA #1 starting the year, currently he has them #2 behind WSU.

19. gowazzucougs

I counted my board, and you passed on a total of at least four guys that you could have had over me. This isn't counting the guys I couldn't crack their top 10 before the whittle it down to their top 8.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know this Forest, I was trying for bigger fish and failed.

21. Jayrah

This is where Cal has excelled to becoming a top 3 team in the conference. Recruiting. Without giving away strategy tips (because I believe we have the best pure recruiting coaches in the conference), Ill just say we pull in about 80% of the guys we go after. There hasn't been a class we haven't felt good about. Mind you to this point we haven't pulled in the caliber of Stanfords or USCs classes, but consistent top #15 and consequently now the #5 team in the country give a good indication of how well we've recruited. The one place Stanford's really killed us is offensive line recruiting depth. The one place USC has killed us is explosive playmakers. We're addressing both of those a little bit this year, no doubt thanks to closing the gap in prestige

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes you have consistently beaten me all version in recruiting. Every battle with Cal, Stanford or USC, it seems I lose. Gonna need a new strategy for next season as I will likely have 25 scholarships to fill at the rate im going!

23. Jayrah

Cal has signed their 3rd and 4th prospects, including the #6 RB Jason Capps who is a power rb and will be very complementary in the Cal scheme. But most importantly the #8 T Franklin White is headed to Berkeley and the coaches are excited to have him at 6'4 295.

24. gowazzucougs

I screwed up in two ways in terms of recruiting; first during the first two years, I tried hard to get jucos, but not good jucos, 1 star jucos, that never really panned out that, because basically my logic was, my team is bad, and and I figured those players would come rated high 60's which they didn't. That is how I ended up with a C- defense in season 4. Since about season 3 or 4 I have tried the hail mary approach, which for the most part is working. I will have established pipelines in TX, and Georgia after this season, and I am starting to target Louisiana. I can pretty much do this because no one, not even the recruit's top school generally goes goes after that recruit.

Second, I just didn't win some games that I should have won. There seems to be like two to three games every yearI should win where I just don't close the deal. And starting with a 1 star team, that just cannot happen.

And Jayrah don't pat yourself too much on the back. I studied your roster last night, without knowing Cal's pipelines at the start of the game, I would guess it was CA, AZ, and possible TX. The vast majority of your roster comes from CA, while having I believe 5 or 6 guys from the other two states, and 1 person from Nevada. You have just focused on those three states, which are pretty talent rich. And if TX was an addition, it is pretty easy to go into that state and get four decent recruits pretty easily to establish a pipeline.

You basically admitted you have lost on the great skill players to USC and any exceptional O Linemen to Stanford. That then leaves you competing against UCLA and WSU for the remaining recruits, both schools that started at a lower prestige than CAL. And if anyone noticed UCLA's team ratings last season recchem's first two recruiting classes were just not very good as his defense was rated a C+, and now his team is a B down the line. I am pretty sure we haven't had recruiting wars because any kid in CA that was 3 or 4 star recruit I didn't go after if there was going to be competition. Because I generally was not on their board to begin with thus leaving you to compete against UCLA. So if you put more time and effort into the kid than recchem, you probably got him.

Lastly, I think this is where this dynasty teeters for recchem2000 if he doesn't elevate his program this season to a five star program. It sounds like his only two pipelines are Cali and Texas, so he doesn't have recruiting advantages against Cal, Stanford, or USC. Last year in Night Owls, I had a pretty good OSU team, and then we came to the point where I needed to sign some major recruits, and I just struck out on every single one of them with recchem and dakota getting them. Those two dominated the dynasty from there on out, and I was an after thought.

25. Bucs

Huskers Recruiting Update:

:4stars: #6 QB Joel Olsen out of Paris, Tennessee. 6'4 200. This kid may get immediate playing time depending on the progression of the current QB's on the roster.

:4stars: #4 MLB Peter Hemphill out of Dallas, Texas. 6'5 248. Nebraska went into Dallas and snuck this kid away from TCU and Michigan State. We love his speed, pursuit , and hit power, really excited about getting him on the field.

:3stars: #36 Tackle Leon Cohen out o St.Paul, Minnesota. 6'3 291. Pass blocking tackle to add depth to the line.

:3stars: #42 DT Omar Herrings out of Clinton, Mississippi. 6'5 316. A big line stuffing DT, he will have time to develop, but may have reached because of position needs with this kid, love his size though.

:4stars: #10 Tackle Willie Wilson out of Mandeville, Louisiana. 6'6 280. A big solid tackle who will probably be the starter one day. A great passblocker.