Season 6 (2016) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cheez, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

You guys have been great with reviews. Keep up the good work!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

The 25th ranked Knights get shut down in Pasadena by a Bruin team hungry for redemption,after what they thought was a disappointing season a year ago. UCLA defeat UCF 27-7 at the Rose Bowl on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The UCLA defense was outstanding in this game, not allowing the UCF offense to put up any points on the board. The loan Knights TD came on a interception return early in the 2nd quarter.

The Bruins limited UCF to just 159 yards of total offense. Although they lost the turnover battle 3-2, the Bruins were too much for UCF in this one. UCLA starts the 2016 season on a high note, knocking off a top 25 team but face a difficult out of conference schedule with games against Michigan State and Penn State. But for now, we are undefeated!

UCLA Stats
    QB Michael Butler 14/25 244 Yards, 1 Td, 2 INT's
    HB Casey Stanley 14 Carries, 76 Yards, 1 TD
    HB Bryant Joyce 7 Carries, 57 Yards, 1 TD
    WR Brett Downing 6 Catches, 133 Yards, 1 TD
    DE Damon Lynch 7 Tackles, 3 Solo, 4 TFL, 1.5 Sacks

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

N. Illinois 43
    Washington State 46 5 OT

Washington State WINS A GAME!!! This victory took a tremendous effort, but the Cougars were able to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. The game started out well for the Cougs as they scored first on a 26 yard field goal near the end of the first half, but the N. Illinois was able to respond and score a touchdown of their own in about a minute taking a 7-3 at halftime. The Cougars were able to take the lead back, on their opening drive of the second half when QB Casey Mills hit Daniel Smith on a 2 yard TD pass. N. Illinois would kick a field goal tying the game up at 10-10 with less than 2 minutes remaining in the third quarter. WSU would score again on a 42 yard TD pass from Mills to James Johnson. Northern Illinois would again fight back and score a TD to tie the game with a 34 yard pass reception by TE Roy Thomas. WSU would take the lead quickly back because on the second play of their next possession Casey Mills threw a 67 yard TD pass to Dwayne Banks. The WSU defense held N. Illinois on their next possession, but was forced to punt. The Cougar punter pinned the Huskies down to their 2 or 3 yard line. Some how the Huskies took the ball down the whole length of the field scoring a game tying TD with less than a minute to go in the game, forcing overtime.

In first overtime things did not start out well for the Cougs as N. Illinois scored on their first possession. Then on the Cougs first play from scrimmage in overtime, Casey Mills was sacked. On second down Mills' pass was incomplete. On third down they gained 10 yards, and then on fourth down the Mills completed a pass for the first down. Mills was able to find James Johnson a few plays later in the endzone and the game was tied. In the second overtime, the Cougs were forced to settle for a field goal. On N. Illinois's first play on offense the QB was sacked, eventually leading to a 46 yard field goal. In the third overtime, both teams were able to score touchdowns, but failed on the two point conversions, making the score 40-40. In the fourth overtime, WSU started with the ball, and Casey Mills made his only mistake of the day, throwing a pick. N. Illinois ran three plays then attempted a 40 yard field goal which hit the hit up and then fell in the end zone, forcing FIFTH overtime. In the fifth overtime, the defense stood tall forcing the N. Illinois to settle for field goal. Then on their second play in the fifth overtime, Casey Mills made a quick read, and rushed into the end zone on a 15 yard scamper to win the game.

STATS

WSU

Mark Johnson 5-9-47 yards, 1 Int.
    Casey Mills 18-32-324 yards, 5 TDs, 1 Int.

Kevin Carroll 19-22 yards

James Johnson 7-109 yards 3 TDs
    Daniel Smith 6-100 yards 1 TD

N. Illinois
    Aaron Thomas 16-27-252 yards, 2 TDs, 2 Ints.
    Vincent Maxwell 4-8-38 yards, 3 TDs

Dallas Long 28-89 yards

Tommy Greenwood 5-86 yards 1 TD

Yes, we have a QB controversy in Pullman. Mark Johnson got hurt, and was out for the game late in the first/early in the second quarter. The rest of the game was Casey Mills.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#3 USC @ #15 Nebraska

USC's offense did do much as Nebraska controlled the ball most of the day. The Trojans were prepared though as they new that the Huskers quarterback situation would work in their favor eventually. The Huskers threw three interceptions in the red zone and lost a fumble leading to a 31-7 win for the men from Troy.
    It's obvious that this defense is in for a long year though as our despicable defensive line got man handled all day long. The rest of the team made of for the weakness though and kept us in the game.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I lost to CPU Bama 23-3. Let's remember not to get home drunk and play, because I will lose. Full game summary will be posted Sunday because gameday's tomorrow. I had 92 yards offense, sober me would have 492. Damn

6. Cheez

#6 Stanford [​IMG] [​IMG] #16 Notre Dame

Stanford Sloppy in Rout of #16 Irish

Stanford - 42
    Notre Dame - 14

Welcome to the 2013 season! For Stanford, the welcome was a little rusty, but the job got done behind a pair of 100 yard rushers. The offense was a little ugly though, getting pass happy in the first half and throwing 2 bad interceptions in Fighting Irish territory. The defense had it's fair share of shaky moments as well, giving up over 400 yards of offense for the first time in over two years, but the starters held Notre Dame to only 7 points through three quarters and that's what counts. It appeared as though Stanford did not match up well with the speed of Notre Dame, leaving wide open receivers all over the field including two that got past a deep safety for big yards.

Nevertheless, Stanford is starting 1-0, with another tough road test forthcoming. Next week, Stanford will make the trip out to Blacksburg to take on the #10 Virginia Tech Hokies. Coach Cheez acknowledges that Virginia Tech is one of the most hostile environments in the country, but when Enter Sandman hits and Virginia Tech comes out of the tunnel, he says the Cardinal will be ready and waiting.

Stanford Team Leaders
    Passing - Jay Wade: 11-22, 126 yards, TD, 2 INT
    Rushing - Matt Gibson: 11 carries, 141 yards, 3 TD, Long: 46 yards
    Receiving - Kevin Tate: 3 receptions, 47 yards, Long: 18 yards
    Kicking - Chris King: 6/6 PATs

Notre Dame Team Leaders
    Passing - Loren Hand - 12-17, 207 yards, TD, 2 INT
    Rushing - Cole Ward - 15 carries, 157 yards, TD, Long: 46
    Receiving - Jerome Winston - 3 receptions, 90 yards, Long: 72 yards
    Kicking - Ross Bowie - 2/2 PATs

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Cal rallies to beat #8 Texas 17-14.

The Golden Bears started slowly, but kept Texas from doing much and forcing 3 turnovers. Texas had a chance late in the game but threw an interception in the endzone, the second for the cb Williams. Hughes and Bell both scored touchdows.

8. Cheez

#5 Stanford [​IMG][​IMG] Virginia Tech

Hokie Hokie Oy

#5 Stanford 48
    Virginia Tech 7

Total Yards: 319-34
    Rushing Yards: 224 - 18
    Matt Gibson: 167 yards and 4 TDs

That's a great game for any team. Unfortunately for the Hokies, that was just the first half for Virginia Tech, who found themselves in a 31-0 hole at the half. This is in large part due to the effort of HB Matt Gibson, who took 4 of his 9 carries, all in the first half, into the endzone. 3 of these TDs were from over 40 yards, as the Stanford offensive line was manhandling the Va Tech defense.

Gibson, now with two games under his belt, has 308 yards and 7 TDs on only 20 carries. Not to be forgotten, speed back Tony Smith had his second consecutive 100 yard game which included a 74 yard run in the fourth quarter.

Stanford will expect to continue their offensive explosion in conference play next week at Utah. Stanford has had trouble in the land of the Utes, but this may be the best offense that Coach Cheez has ever had. If Utah's run defense doesn't play a perfect game, they could wind up in a similar situation Virginia Tech did very quickly.

Stanford Team Leaders
    Passing: Jay Wade - 4-7, 95 yards
    Rushing: Matt Gibson - 9 carries, 167 yards, 4 TD, Long: 63
    Receiving: Nelson Mays - 2 receptions, 64 yards, Long: 46
    Kicking: Chris King - 6/6 PAT, 2/2 FG (34, 59)

Virginia Tech Team Leaders
    Passing: Paul Burgess - 8-17, 119 yards, 3 INT
    Rushing: Corey Sanders - 20 carries, 68 yards, TD, Long: 13
    Receiving: Ronald Rice - 2 receptions, 53 yards, Long: 40
    Kicking: Khalid McIntyre - 1/1 PAT

9. gowazzucougs

WSU 41
    ASU 38

WSU's offense started slowly only coming up with two field goals in the first three quarters. However, the Cougars were able to score in other ways, first DE Courtney Williams scored a TD on a 19 yard fumble recovery. Then near the end of the first half Chris Bass returned a kickoff 105 yards for a touchdown. After the kickoff TD, ASU scored 21 unanswered points to take a 24-20 lead at the end of third quarter. In the fourth quarter WSU's offense finally got going, first QB Casey Mills threw a 31 yard TD pass to Marques Poland. ASU struck back quickly scoring a TD with 4:40 remaining in the game. The Sun Devils' lead would be short lived, as HB Kevin Carroll ran 68 yards on a draw play to give the Cougs the lead again. After both teams traded punts, the Sun Devils scored the apparent game winning touchdown with a minute to go in the game. Casey Mills wen back on the field and led the Cougs down the field, throwing a 51 yard pass to Dwayne Banks putting the Cougs on the ASU 2 yard line with 20 seconds to go in the game. On first down the Mills threw an incomplete pass. Then on second down, with six seconds remaining Mills was able to hit true freshman TE Beau Bush for the game winning score.

10. Cheez

Cardiac Cougs!!!

11. Jayrah

I don't know where you got this thought from... only half of us post anymore here.

12. Jayrah

Cal beats up on Colorado 44-23.

The score wasn't even that close, but twice in the first half Cal threw pick 6's (up 14-0 and 14-7) to allow the Buffs to hang around. Both possessions would have ended in a Cal score so this game could easily have been 28-0 early in the second qtr. Cal's cb Williams is quickly becoming an all american candidate, picking off his 3rd pass in 2 games and knocking a couple more down. Also for the second straight game (and the first time since 2012) 2 rbs scored for Cal in back to back games. Hughes and Bell did the honors again, and Cal's 3 back system is looking potentwhen you include the big speedster Steven Gordon, who also returns kicks.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ohio State Beats Up WSU
    34-0

The Buckeyes kicked off their season the right way, dispatching the Washington State Cougars in shutout fashion. Wazzu was just outmatched in this one. Their coaching staff called a good game and had a good gameplan, but the difference in talent level was too much to overcome. The Bucks held WSU to 210 total yards, 1.16 ypc, forced 3 turnovers (INTS), and 33% on 3rd down conversions.

For OSU, Romero looked good throwing the ball. Coach Max called off the dogs though so his stats arent eye-popping. RB Cedric Stewart went over 100yd and a TD, and Freshman RB Todd Roberson went for 64yd on just 3 carries. WR Williams Jenkins stole the show however, with 4 grabs for 93 yards (2TD).

The Buckeyes have a gauntlet of a schedule coming up, and face the two best teams in the Big12 OOC. If the Bucks want to repeat they will have to take their game to another level.

14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nebraska 17
    Georgia Tech 10

Nebraska barely escapes Atlanta with the victory against georgia Tech. In previous years they would have steamrolled the yellow jackets but the lack of a passing game really showed itself today as QB Jermaine Barnes only completed 4 passes for 64 yards on 15 attempts. Luckily the running game put enough points and was able to control the clock just well enough to keep GT out of it. The Defense also did its job limiting the option attack and forcing 2 turnovers. Its gonna be a long year for Husker nation.

15. Cheez

bucsfan047

if your passing game is as bad as you say it is - we may set football back 80 years in our game Week 6. It is going to be so ugly that infomercials will get higher ratings

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i struggle to even complete passes lol, ask Cole, i would get a drive going and as soon as i put the ball in the air it was 60% gonna be an INT lol...

17. Cheez

Oh boy... this could be bad. I'm reverting back to my year one offense too, where 6-10 passes is the norm.

18. gowazzucougs

I would say more than half, recchem wrote his game summary, I wrote both of mine, Cheez wrote his, Kapano wrote two sentences, WGW has been MIA because of a work trip and had byes, bucs wrote a game summary, Max some how found a computer to write one, and OMG I believe I saw a summary by the legend, Colemanchu. That makes everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cheez

THIS JUST IN

Both BTN and ABC/ESPN have declined to telecast the week 6 Nebraska at Stanford matchup. There is still a chance that it will be broadcast on Comedy Central, because both offenses are a joke

• Like Like x 1
  20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i'd say 30% interception, 40% completion, 30% completely different time zone.

21. Jayrah

Now that I said that....

22. gowazzucougs

just giving you crap

23. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCLA 24
    MSU 12

Boy that game was frustrating. He seemed to convert every third down late in the game and I couldn't pass all game. 0-2 start to the season but at least I haven't lost any Big 10 games yet. My QB was an escape artist all game, he'd break a tackle that would've been a sack and took off 3-4 times for nice gains. I'll let recchem do the full summary. GG recchem.

24. Jayrah

I know. But its true.

25. Jayrah

This no pass thing bodes well for Cal. We specialize in defending the pass with a ton of speed in the d backfield, and have an adequate front 7. I am looking forward to really seeing where we are at in our upcoming game.