Season 6 Award Winners

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Let's start with Freshman of the Year

This award came down to Franklin Lewis of BYU and Jake Hartman of SMU. The two teams clashed in the Big XII Conference Championship with BYU coming away with the victory but Hartman harassed Lewis for two straight weeks. Lewis would end up in the National Championship with three major awards on his resume, including the Heisman Trophy. But Lewis would get injured very early in the NCG but his team still won, showing they can play without him. Hartman also had a mid-season slump and the Mustangs never let up on defense.

In the end I have to give this award to Franklin Lewis. As a FR he led his team to the NCG despite not hardly playing on the big stage. The kid also won the Heisman and boasts a Conference Championship. Congratulations to Coach UofCWildcat and his young QB.

Now onto EMVP

We had six coaches vote and it would come down to my vote that would decide it. In the end I went with QB Ryan Smith from SMU due to his explosiveness and efficiency as one of the most dangerous dual threat QB's in the nation. My second choice was ROLB Dean from Georgia Tech who was a work horse for the Yellow Jackets in tackling. Give him credit as well. So, congratulations to Coach jello1717 and his QB.

It would appear QB's still dominate the awards.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    Excellent choices Masler. Smith had a huge year for SMU and very rarely made mistakes. I like you 2nd choice too as I'm pretty sure that's who I voted for.