Season 6 Game Recaps

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Wyrmreaver, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

You know what to do slackers

2. Wyrmreaver

70 - Mizzou
    0 - SDSU

The Aztecs never stood a chance in this one. They managed just 5 first downs on the day, going 1 of 11 on third down and gained only 88 yards of total offense. Mizzou on the other hand, had over 250 yards passing and over 250 yards rushing as 5 different HBs found the endzone and the QBs completed every pass they threw, going 13 of 13 on the day. The Tigers kept the playbook pretty conservative with 43 rushing attempts to just 13 passes. The defense forced 4 turnovers and recorded 5 sacks.

This game was really just a warm up as the Tigers travel to Fayettville next week to take on the top ranked Hogs in the SEC opener for both clubs.

3. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

The 2016 season started rough, with receivers dropping 4 of the first 5 passes thrown.

Normal Offense:
    0 offensive points in the first half, 5 first downs.

WingIt Offense:
    47 offensive points in the second half. 11 first downs.

Both with no turnovers but a meh game at best.
    True Freshman CB had two picks. One in the endzone.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Just a reminder. I know its hard to not have fun for all 28 minutes of our CPU games, but...

If there is less than 30 seconds left in a blow out, we should probably not be scoring touchdowns. Take a knee or fall down in bounds short of the goal line. Feels like the world might end if a major college program did this in real life.

5. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I thought thats what the scrubs were for... to get their moments in the sun.

6. Wyrmreaver

I understand your POV WGW, but if you are just running the ball with your third string HB and he busts loose he isn't going to run out of bounds in RL. Looking at the wire, me, florida and auburn all scored TDs with less than 30 seconds in blowouts. One thing that I have been doing is taking out my starters at the half if I am up big, but I just run a conservative run first O after that, only throwing on 3rd and 6 or more. I also chew clock in the 4th. In my game they had 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter and a failed 4th down.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Mine was with my 4th string HB and he busted loose...I probably should have ran out of bounds but WKU was pissing me off early in that game so they deserved it :cool: Plus, I was no where near the scoring cap!

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Yeh I don't run...
    My scrubs are my practice squad.
    New plays new routes.
    I actually feel bad for my starting HB if I run with the backup.

I'd actually run it out with the starters but once the backups are in I'm in practice mode.
    The guy who scored my last td had already dived twice for non tds.
    He asked if he could score. His parents were at the game

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I think the thing that looked sketchy was that the HB that scored your first TD also scored your last.

10. Wyrmreaver

he's still my 3rd string. i have all 4 of my backups position subbed in on a couple formations because i don't want them to transfer for playing time

11. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I hear ya. Out of curiosity, do you use formation subs within the play-calling screen or from the strategy/team management screen? I ask because I want to make a few subs, but I'm not sure if doing them from the strategy/team management screen would override any changes made in-game or when subbing 2nd string offense/defense.

12. Wyrmreaver

I do them in the team management section. They do override any mass subs when you are subbing non starters.

Example 1: if you position sub your starting TE to play WR in a formation he still gets benched when you mass sub

example 2: if you sub your #2 TE to play WR in a 3WR set with the #1 still at TE, when you mass sub, your #2 TE will still be at WR and your #3 TE will come in to play TE

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Canes Pull Away in Second Half
    defeat Troy 35-17

The season did not begin well for the #2 team in the nation as they trailed the Troy Trojans 10-7 at halftime. The Canes, breaking in a new QB, were unable to sustain any offensive momentum as turnovers and missed opportunities stopped promising drives. On the other hand, the Trojans gave the Miami defense fits with their warp speed offense, and constant scrambles by their quarterback. The Canes only score of the half came on a 72 yard punt return by WR Eddie Walker late in the first quarter.

The Hurricanes would take control in the third quarter, outscoring the Trojans 21-7 in the stanza to go up 28-17. Quarterback Andrew Vinson would first find Walker again for a 25 yard TD pass before WR Lamar Christensen would take over the game. Vinson would connect with Christensen on TDs of 17 and 59 yard in the quarter, before finding him for the exclamation point touchdown early in the fourth of 82 yards.

The Canes now look forward to facing Georgia and its new head coach after Dru50 was fired due to allegations that he financed an illegal three-toothed prostitution ring.

Notable Stats
    QB Andrew Vinson - 13/21, 278 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT
    HB Keith Sutton - 21 car, 99 yards, long 12
    WR Lamar Christensen - 8 rec, 204 yards, 3 TD, long 82
    WR Eddie Walker - 3 rec, 34 yards, TD, long 25; 72 yard PR TD
    MLB James Rogers - 5 tack, sack

14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I guess I'll play around with it and see. Thanks.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Boom29 - the "three toothed" thing is an allegation, georgia is not alabama.....now the prostitution ring....my attorneys have told me to say "no comment".

16. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

You're right, it's the Alabama coach gowazzucougs that had to take a leave due to three-toothed hookers. I get confused with all these allegations.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 25
    Missouri 22

Arkansas Squeaks Out Victory with Strong Defense

In a rematch of last years title game, despite the woes of its new offense, Arkansas came out ahead again. Early on Missouri controlled the game, turning Arkansas into a 3 and out machine. Arkansas struggled to keep its offense on the field. While Missouri proved they could move the ball, every drive seemed to end in a 50+ yard FG attempt. Down 12 nothing before the half ended Arkansas started chucking deep and Orlando Johnson snagged a deep ball in double coverage, and rumbled 75 yards for a TD. Missouri put up another FG before have to take a 12-7 lead.

3rd quarter was quiet, Missouri put in another 50+ FG to go up 8. Early in the forth Arkansas scored a TD, and converted the 2 pt conversion to tie the game at 15. After a stop, arkansas kicked the go ahead FG with 3:20 remaining. Missouri came back and took advantage of an over aggressive Arkansas defense to hit a 28 yard TD pass with 2:11 remaining to take a 22 - 18 lead. Arkansas started off the drive with its most successful run of the day, a 31 yard QB scramble by McCarthy. After that defense spied McCarthy on 2 straight plays, both times McCarthy could not find anyone and took a big hit from the spy. The second on knocking him out of the game.

Backup QB Ronald Moore entered the game, threaded a dangerous hitch route for a first down. Then after gaining maybe 20 yards on running plays all game Arkansas strung together 2 consecutive 10 yard runs, and FB Dawson took the FB Option 7 yards up the gut to score the go ahead TD.

With 36 seconds remaining, Missouri drove the field and got into long FG range again. With 9 seconds and 1 TO for missouri, Arkansas took a risk selling out on the run and stuffing Missouri with 5 seconds remaining. Missouri lined up for a hail mary but threw a quick out for 5 yards, but it was dropped and with 2 seconds remaining. Missouri had to attempt another 55 yard FG. But this iced and into the wind game tying kick came up short.

GG

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  18. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, great game whygodwhy1111

I dont know about you, but I am going to "redesign" my playbook tonight since one or both of ours were messed up. Playing with a stock book just isnt the same!

I will say that in most of our games i came away feeling I "could have" won, this was the first I felt I "should have" won. Hats off to you though, you held me to FG after FG when really turning any of those into TDs puts the game pretty firmly in my grasp. I look forward to next time we play, be it this season or thereafter :)

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I switched to the option run playbook the attempt before you did(which still failed). I am pretty sure it was just you, but I did not think it would be fair for me to use one while you did not.

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

At least you got your yearly loss to WGW early.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

OOC Recap.

UTSA 14 @ TAMU 38 - This was a strange, strange game. The RoadRunners scored first and RB Dan Malone went for 146 against us with their 2 scores. Fortunately, our power back Michael Peters went for 176 and 3 tds and Hayes added another 2 through the air.

SMU 24 @ TAMU 31 - The Mustangs went up 10-0 and 17-3, but Hayes threw a long td right before halftime to change momentum. In the 3rd qtr the defense stepped up and TAMU took a 24-17 lead after 21 straight. The Mustangs would score with just over 3 minutes to go to make it really tight, but Kenneth Young returned a kickoff 99 yards to give the Aggies victory.

ECU 15 @ TAMU 27 - Another weird game came down to ECU not being able to stop the run in short yardage. Peters rushed 21 times for 111 while Hayes and Sampson each threw a td. ECU took a 15-14 lead early in the 3rd qtr but couldn't hold it.

Bring on the SEC!

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Tigers Drop the Game
    Lose to Miami 21-14

The first meeting between the Auburn Tigers and the Miami Hurricanes since Miami's move to the SEC hinged on two fundamental aspects of football: third down conversions and catching the football. While the Canes excelled at both, Auburn's inability to catch the football led to missed opportunities and failed third down attempts.

The mistakes by the Tigers offense negated a spirited effort by the defense who pressured Miami QB Andrew Vinson all day long, sacking him four times, including in the Miami end zone for a safety and an early 2-0 lead. The Canes would respond in the second quarter on a 13 yard TD pass from Vinson to WR Joel Mack as the Canes offense began to adjust to the pass rush. Though Auburn would add a field goal near the end of the half, Miami would remain in the lead going into the half, 7-5.

The Canes would take control in the third quarter as All-American WR Lamar Christensen took advantage of a coverage mismatch and outraced the poor Auburn linebacker 59 yards for a touchdown. After an Auburn punt, the Canes would drive the field, eventually extending their lead to 21-5 on the first play of the fourth quarter on another Christensen TD reception, this time from 35 yards out. Though Auburn would score a late touchdown and recover an onside kick, the 16 point deficit was too much to overcome, falling just short. The Canes would close out the game by converting on a 3rd and 18, making them 8/9 for the day on 3rd down.

recchem2000, if your receivers catch half the ball they dropped I'm almost positive you win this game.

Notable Stats
    Miami Auburn
    QB Andrew Vinson - 16/21, 263 yards, 3 TD, INT QB Nathan Graham - 13/25, 130 yards, TD
    HB Keith Sutton - 9 car, 36 yards, long 14 HB Chad Sims - 13 car, 40 yards, long 18
    WR Lamar Christensen - 6 rec, 141 yards, 2 TD, long 59 WR Jed Clement - 3 rec, 53 yards, long 28
    WR Joel Mack - 7 rec, 119 yards, TD, long 42 DE Austin Tolbert - 4 tack, 2 sack
    3rd Down - 8/9 Drops - 6

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Good game Boom29
    My receivers couldnt catch a cold. Had 6 guys with at least one drop in this one. Third down made me want to vomit! I could do nothing to stop you on that down. Good luck to you sir with the rest of your schedule.

24. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The LSU defense used 3 interceptions to score 21 points to put away in state rival Tulane. Clark swung the ball around the field, going 16-25 for 275 yards with 4 TD's.

#12 LSU 38 - Tulane 10

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 24
    Texas A&M 17

Arkansas pulls out the win in OT

Both teams battled in a game that came down to the wire. The Aggies were unable to punch the ball into the endzone from the 5 at the end of regulation and were forced to kick the game tying FG. In OT Arkansas got forced into 3rd and goal from the 13 but McCarthy slipped a seam route though the zone to his big target Orlando Johnson. A&M couldn't get it done on there possession and Arkansas took the game 24-17.

GG Jayrah, Their may be hope for the RazorWing yet.