Season 6 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Win the game or have some good content as the 2nd place finisher .. Post up

2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Steelers Open Season with 27-15 Win vs Rival Bengals

Steelers held the Bengals to 16 yards rushing and 5 FGs to get their first victory this year. New coach BSK is in a new division and looks to keep the Bengals steady hand in the playoffs all franchise alive, but hits a speed bump in this one. Good game Big Suge Knight , nice to have you in the division now, good luck!
    upload_2015-4-27_10-53-34.png

3. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Steelers Hold Jags to 4 FGs and No TDS

Steelers led by Le'veon Bell who had 4 TDs , ran over the Jags after beating their defense down all game. It was a close game throughout until the late 3rd and early 4th quarter where the Jags were forced to throw more, and threw some INTs. Steelers win 27-12 and improve to 2-1 on the year. Next week 2-1 Browns for 1st place in the AFC North. GG bawvu97
    upload_2015-4-27_10-56-11.png

4. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

[​IMG]

Jets win 7th Straight against rival Bills
    The Jets defense was in full force in this one forcing four turnovers and causing frustration for the rival Bills all day. The offense didn't turn the ball over and the Jets were able to hold on for their first win of the year.

Gg hskr8128

5. publik drunk

[​IMG]

Jets survive upstart Dolphins
    In a sloppy as hell game that had 12 combined turnovers, the NYJ defense was able to hold on a goal line stand with under two minutes to fend off the much improved Dolphins squad and move into first place in the division.

Gg Freakskull

• Like Like x 1
  6. publik drunk

[​IMG]

Jets survive comeback in Baltimore
    The Jets jumped up early in this one but the Ravens refused to give up. Taking a 21-3 lead into the second quarter the Jets were able to just hold off the Ravens and prove once again CaseyW22 Loses to more users other than mboda

Gg CaseyW22

7. Black Republican

tmfl31.JPG

The Eagles win a must win game at home to avoid 0-3 skid... T. Guy finally came awake and out of his awful start to the season throwing 9 picks through 2 games. Nick Foles faced his old team for the first time since being traded two seasons ago. Nick was seen crying on camera as the fans boo'd him at announcements. Nick caught fire late in the game but overcoming his early 2 interceptions proved to be too much. That and limiting T. Brackett on the ground really staggered the Bills offense. Timmy Taylor had a break out game in the absence of Matthews, and proved to be weapon X in this match up. Great game as usual hskr8128 !

• Like Like x 2
  8. Black Republican

tmfl32.JPG

Eagles get key win on the road to move to .500 on the year. In a pivotal game against the new/scrappy owner down in South Beach the PHL Iggles looked to get back on track knowing it would be a tough test. Cal Baca struggled to find his receivers however tossing 2 picks on the day. RB Lamar Miller and Taliaferro struggled to find holes which really limited the Fins offense. Guy was on fire connecting on 13 of 15 passing. McCoy also had a breakout game hitting 148 yards, which was a far improvement over the past 3 weeks. Overall the Eagles D and the ability for the Eagles to move the chains set the pace for the game. GG Freakskull !

9. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Good Game man, I knew it was going to be an uphill battle when Shady broke his first run for 50 yards. Both my defensive and offensive lines were really outmatched, and that is the recipe for disaster...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Cowboys beat the rival Eagles 24-17

After an opening week win against the CPU Dallas looked to start off 2-0 and send the Eagles to 0-2. They played a good game and won an important division road game.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

4 and 8 up 21 - 28 in the fourth with under a minute left, the Rams had already completed some of the best plays in NFL history to get the ball into scoring range. They needed a TD, naturally I threw what was a basic cover 3 shell at them to force the QB the throw it short and it should have been game over..... Not for these 49ers! As Super Teddy tossed the ball out into the flat my corner read it almost instantly. As the ball arrived to the target so did my CB too close to read if it was gonna be an inbounds catch he did what any right minded DB would do, he broke up the play. Then .... FLAG ON THE PLAY, UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS, FIRST DOWN RAMS! on the next play Super Teddy lofted a poorly timed pass into a sea of zone defender's seemingly glued to their spots for the tieing score. In overtime I over / under threw every pass I could get out of my hands. We settled for a field goal which proved not to cut it in overtime. Super Teddy got the ball and again blessed me with horribly completed throws including a 30 come back route that until week three wasn't possible on this planet. The Rams found their selves on my 8 yard line and then in my endzone. Easy.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Bills finally get W, get defensive vs Tennessee
    The Bills finally got into the right column today and it was all thanks to not having to ask Foles to do much at all. The defense dominated, forcing 6 turnovers (4 INTs, 2 FF) and allowing the offense to ride Timario Brackett to the finish line. Foles only attempted 20 passes on the day, with most of those coming in the first half. Brackett racked up 126 yards and a TD. However, player of the game honors go to SS Jaelin Dansby who snagged 2 INT's and returned one for a TD

14. publik drunk

[​IMG]

Jets, despite mistakes, rally against Dolphins
    Coach Freakskull and his upstart Dolphins came to NY for the second matchup in three weeks between the teams, and the Jets knew better than to overlook them.

After forcing a three and out the Jets marched down the field and had the ball near the goal line looking to go up 7-0. Things turned south in a hurry as Martin made a bad read which the Miami defender took 100+ yards for the score. On the very next possession Martin would again throw a touchdown pass to the opposition and the Jets were reeling down 14-0. The Jets dug in against the tough Dolphin D overcoming the deficit and narrowly escaping with a 27-24 victory.

Gg Freakskull Glad that was our final matchup of the year lol.

15. publik drunk

[​IMG]
    Martin goes "robo" Jets D plays solid game against the Patriots
    When Johnny Martin plays the way he did against the Patriots, the New York Jets are a tough team to beat... When the Jets defense plays the way they did they are damn near impossible. Martin finished the game 22-28 and the Jets played a nearly flawless game, other than 3 fumbles and seized control of the AFC East in this division rivalry. Going into the fourth quarter the Patriots had less than 100 yards and the Jets were able to pound the rock for the win.

Gg Cheez my team was just scary good in that one

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Dallas beats Washington 24-3

The Cowboys began a 4 game home stand against the rival Redskins and played a good game and forced 5 turnovers and that was the difference. The Skins moved the ball well at times but, couldn't overcome RG3's 4 ints.

Cowboys LB Sean was the player of the game with 3 int's.
    Murray had 106 and Brett Hudson had a nice game taking care of the football.

17. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Dallas get's another needed home win against Green Bay 21-18

The Cowboys offense hasn't been as explosive as they would like but, the defense has done a good job at slowing down the opposition and forcing turnovers. Even though Brett Hudson had his worst game of the season, throwing 3 picks, the defense forced a fumble and got a pick 6.

CB Alvaro Okuyemi was the player of the game with the int he ran back for a TD

18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Dallas has a pretty dominant win at home against Miami 31-12

The Cowboys finally got their offense going the way they wanted going for over 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing. That is pretty much ideal for the coach of the Cowboys. They also did a good job stopping the run of Miami although the Dolphins didn't run much.

DeMarco Murray had his best game of the year going for 183 yards on 25 carries and 2 rushing td's and a receiving td.

Dallas won the turnover battle 2-1 and that was a key to the game.

19. publik drunk

[​IMG]
    GOTW lives up to the hype
    For once DaddyLeagues got it right. Soo often the game of the week doesn't live up to the hype, but as usual, when the Jets-Steelers get together this cycle shit gets crazy.

After starting with the ball the Steelers were moving with efficiency on the ground before Bell was stripped for the games first turnover. The Jets moved inside the 10 before giving the Steelers the ball back on an interception. The Steelers would give the ball right back on an interception giving the Jets great field position again. NY was moving the ball again inside the 20 when Sanford coughed the ball up for his first fumble and the 4th combined turnover in 4 minutes of play.

Things settled down for awhile as the teams traded punts. After a punt pinned them deep, the Steelers were able to move the ball downfield going 94 yards in 12 plays on an impressive drive to take a 7-0 lead halfway through the second. The Jets seemed poised to answer driving downfield again before another fumble inside the 25 yard line cutting the drive short. The halftime whistle sounded and the Steelers took a 7-0 lead into the break.

The second half was just as defensive as neither team was moving the ball consistently. Midway through the third Martin had the Jets driving again before a sack fumble ended another Jets drive inside the 30. Pittsburgh was able to capitalize taking a 14-0 lead on the next possession. NY finally found the end zone on the next drive to cut the lead to 14-7. On the next Steeler possession the Jets forced another fumble and took advantage of a short field to tie the game at 14 just inside the 4th quarter.

The defenses were still playing lights out both forcing a couple punts before Pittsburgh with around 4 minutes to play found the end zone to take a late 21-14 lead. The next possession had it all. Facing 4th down inside his own territory with 2:30 to play, the Jets coach debated forever on what to do. Feeling his defense had less than a 50% chance of stopping Bell on 3 carries and even if they did, driving the field against the tough Pittsburgh defense with no timeouts would have been almost impossible. He brought the offense out still unsure but gave the go ahead to snap and Sheppard was able to pick up the first. 10 seconds to go ball at the Steelers 7 with two time outs the Jets expected a spread look from the Steelers so lined up for a spread run. The play call was perfect but nellycuz reacted masterfully laying a beautiful hit stick on Sanford at the 4, but somehow Sanford stayed on his feet, reversed field and found the end zone with 2 seconds left to play. The Steelers kneeled on the ball and the game headed to OT.

The Jets got the ball first to start ot but couldn't do anything against the great Steeler D going 3 and out. The Steelers with the ball facing 3rd down dropped back to pass but the route was jumped by Toliver who took it to the house for the game winning TD.

Gg nellycuz Like I said last night we never have a boring one.... GL the rest of the year and will probably see you in the playoffs if we make it.

20. Black Republican

EAGLES scalp the REDSKINS in the Nations' Capital! RG3 struggled early which lead to 2 easy/quick scores for the Eagles. While the Skins D played tough all game Guy was very efficient going 12-19 on the day for 214. He was able to move the sticks in key situations. The Eagles D forced 2 key turnovers which both lead to scores and ultimately the difference in the game. Instead of the Skins falling in the late 3rd quarter the team let bigk down right out the starting blocks this time! Look forward to the rematch in Philly!

tmfl33.JPG

21. Black Republican

EAGLES prove to be Cam's kryptonite as Newton struggled out of the game opening the door the Eagles to create some space in between the two clubs. The gates really opened up in the mid to late 3rd quarter after a Cam interception followed by a long run by WR Markus Maxwell. Guy had a terrific day going 19 for 23 for 3 TDs. The Eagles were able to slow the Panthers run game forcing them to rely on Cam's shaky arm. This proved to be the key to success as the Eagles stifled the Panthers 34-16 in a key NFC match up.

tmfl34.JPG

22. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Bills hold off Patriots for 2 in a row

The Bills-Patriots rivalry often times gets a little "offensive". This game was no different as we saw 822 yards of combined offense, a running back close in on 200 yards and TWO recievers go for 150+ and 2+ TD's.

The Patriots jumped ahead early 21-7 behind two 1st quarter defensive TD's. However, the Bills would methodically chip away at that lead, led by HB Timario Brackett who carried the ball 28 times for 183 yards and 2 TD's. Thanks to not abandoning the run game when down early, Buffalo would come back and eventually take the lead in the 3rd quarter behind a 17-0 rally. The Bills were able to hold that lead into the 4th quarter despite an amazing TD catch late by Rijo Drummond that was tipped by a Buffalo defender. (Did you record that Cheez?) The Patriots would attempt an onside kick with under a minute to play but couldn't recover and the Bills were able to kill the clock.

great game as always cheez.

23. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

hskr8128 looks like my stream didnt archive.

24. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Bills defense shines in maddening of Cowboys
    The Bills put 38 points on the board today, but only 17 of those are a credit to the offense. The Bills intercepted Cowboys QB Brett Hudson 3 times on the day but found a way to take each one of them back to the house. Kiko Alonso went 87 yards, CB Earnest Randall returned his 43 and CB Nickell Robey scored from 29 yards out as the defense showed up at home to extend the Bills win streak to 3 games.

GG charter04 wish it would have let us play. Good Luck the rest of the season. Please beat publik drunk

• Like Like x 2
  25. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Honestly it wasnt all the games fault. You played good. I made some bad reads. I was a second slow all game. I look forward to the next game where hopefully I'll show up a little better.

• Funny Funny x 1