Season 6 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vBIG SLICKv, Feb 2, 2011.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#11[​IMG] - 21 #2[​IMG] - 24

Field Goal with no time left lifts Oregon to victory.

Oregon and Ohio State started the game in a defensive struggle with both defense grabbing a couple of picks. Neither team could find any points in the 1st qtr as it came to an end at 0-0. The 2nd qtr was more of the same as neither team could get into a groove. Oregon was able to get on the board first with a 15yrd pass to WR Lemon from QB Moore with 1:53 left in the 2nd. Ohis State would go into no huddle mode and move the ball down the field with ease and Dixon was able to punch into the endzone on a 3rd run with :08 seconds left until half. Oregon would take the kickoff and just kneel the clock out to into half at 7-7. Ohio State after grabbing another int would connect on a 15yrd pass to Dixon to move ahead 14-7. Oregon would respond with a drive of their own to tie the game up at 14 with a 9yrd pass to WR Ford. Ohio State would come right back and score on a 6yrd run by McNair to get the lead again at 21-14 to end the 3rd. The 4th qtr saw the defenses step up again as both teams came up with big stops and turnovers. Oregon was finally able to put something together and marched down the field to score on a 13yrd pass to WR Ford from QB Moore with 1:00 left in the game to tie it up at 21-21. Coach Slick was worried and pacing the sidelines that their was too much time left on the clock as OSU only needed to move the ball about 45yrds to get into FG range. The Ducks defense would step up and hold the Buckeyes to 3rd and 8 and force OSU to pass the ball. The ducks would come up with a huge int and get the ball around the 50 yrd line. Moore connected on a short slant route for about a couple of yards. With :18 seconds left in the game on 2nd and 8yrds QB Moore took a shot into the endzone but the Buckeyes were ready and the ball fell to the turf. On 3rd and 8 from the Buckeye 48yrd line QB Moore was able to connect with WR Ford for a 38yrd completion where he was tackled ont he 22yrd line. Oregon called timeout with :03 seconds left on the clock. The Ducks lined up for the game winner and Coach BDS would call a timeout to ice the kicker. Luckily Oregon was in the center of the field so when the Ducks lined back up for the 39 yarder Thomas put it down the middle for the victory with no time left on the clock. Oregon 24 Ohio State 21.

Great game BDS, another close one! Good luck the rest of the season

#

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The nervousness in Baton Rouge this year about the offense was confirmed in LSU's first game of 2015 vs BYU. The Cougars don't have a great defense, and the slew of new WR's for Trey Jones were not able to consistently get open. The offense ultimately moved the ball and the defense helped out by getting 2 turnovers, one of which went for a TD. Trey Jones had perhaps his worst game since week 4 of last season, going 15-20 for 241 yards and 1 TD with 2 picks. Both picks were the result of WR's not getting separation from the CB's, which was not an issue with last seasons senior laden WR group. I was pretty happy with the new RB's and the defense however, as we were able to get some yards in the red zone when needed and the defense made some plays and got some pressure on the QB.

Player of the game - SS AJ Jackson with 4 tackles, and 2 FF. The first FF came on BYU's opening drive, which stalled at the 5 yard line when Jackson ripped the ball from the BYU HB and it was recovered by CB Ricky Houston for a 90 yard TD.

Up next - My first game vs the 'C2C A+ bunch' as I get to visit Texas.

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I'll be playing my game tonight.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

so all this being said the final score was? 55-10?

I hate this fucking game btw.

Great game though slick. You earned that one. It's tough for me to bitch because even had I won I didn't earn it. We played like crap. After my best player (WR George Moody) got hurt for 8 weeks on the first fucking pass play of the game I knew it would be a long day, and now a long season.

we play at Norman next week. I might be around for that game but if I'm not I'll be sure to ap myself.

5. Juggernautblitz

A struggle vs. the cpu is 55-10?

6. Dru50

Did I say anywhere in my post that I 'struggled'? No, BYU is a C rated team, I stated that my WR's didn't get open consisently on routes that my guys last year did.

You know what Jugg, how about you worry about fixing your own playcalling before you even comment on what I do. You know why I beat you in the bowl game? Because in 6 months you are just as predictable on offense as you were in NCAA 2010. With the skill position guys you have on that team you should be rolling everyone in this dynasty. Face facts, you are one of these guys who put up numbers in CPU games and struggle to score consistenly vs users because you rely on shit like stretch plays, cheesy ass sprintouts with your QB and quick passes to the TE. Someone takes those things away from you and you are done. That's how it was last year and it hasn't changed. At least I score consistently in both CPU and user games, unlike you. If you are going to post some shitty comment after every one of my CPU games this year, just say so now, I'll do what I said and bow out and let you guys run with Heisman or whatever other shitty ass slider set you want to run with. I don't like this game enough to deal with this BS. Either way, if I have another bowl game matchup with you, you will get a win, cause I'm going back to my embargo on dealing with you.

7. Dru50

Actually, after a minute to think about it, I'm pretty much done. Coming back here was a mistake since the main reason I left originally is still here. It's been real guys, I'll talk to all of you in the chats.

8. Juggernautblitz

Wow dude, nice reaction. You and I are involved in a civil discussion about sliders, I make an innocent comment piggybacking on what Brian said and you go the "I quit" route.
    Who was the guy bitching all year about how bad of a roster he had, when at a B it was actually better than some of us have had to deal with for the last few seasons? Who has been complaining non stop about advances and shit the past few weeks? Those are you chief, not me.
    You beat me in that game because you are better than me and play a lot more than I do at this game. I admitted as much in my game summary. I don't know about the other nonsense about me being able to score against the CPU but not users since I went 3-2 this year in user games and was pretty effective offensively in my wins. As far as the cheese comment goes, that is ridiculous. I rarely sprint out with my QB, I run up the gut more than I run to the outsides, and yes I do throw quickly to my inside receivers sometimes.
    You are one of the better users I've seen on this game so congrats. I'm not sure it gives you free reign to act like an ass but apparently you think it does. I'm not your biggest fan either but I certainly don't ever try to go down the "I quit because Dru is in this league" road or I refuse to play him road.
    I hope you stay and I hope I stay but this PMS flare up is really uncalled for and unfortunate.

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Ameren truly sux

10. BDSDIGITAL

Instead of doing all this, let's just have a good discussion on what we can do to make sure ncaa 12 is more fun and challenging for all of us.

I'll start a thread.

But no need for anyone to get shitty.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Straight from the Dynasty Description.
    I'd say its working as intended.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 34
    USC 24

The Gators went into the Coliseum and quickly took control of this game. Sammie Moore had a few nice rushes, including a 64 yard rush, that set the Gators up inside the 10 yard line. Moore would eventually punch it in from 4 yards out. On the ensuing drive USC answered back with true freshman Adam Johnson breaking a long run. The pint sized halfback barreled over a Florida defender and used his quickness to score from 64 yards out. Florida would answer right back, getting a couple more touchdowns and a field goal to give the Gators a 17 point lead. Just before half USC would close that gap. Trojans' QB Andy Atkinson found his WR Lawrence Robbins for a TD with just 23 seconds on the clock. The Trojans opened up the second half with the ball and kicked a field goal to decrease the lead to 10. Florida struck back with another TD to get the lead back to 17 but there was some bad news on that drive. Tailback Sammie Moore was injured and he is expected to miss the next 5 weeks. USC's defense would shut out Florida for the remainder of this game and the offense moved the ball well after a change at QB. Coach Twist switched to the true freshman Nick Patterson after a bad interception by Atkinson. Patterson hooked up with tight end Jonathon Hairston for a TD. USC would get the ball back and march it down inside the 3 yard line. Florida's defense clamped down and shocked USC. The Gators stopped 4 straight runs by USC to get the ball back. This ate up a lot of time and allowed Florida to run out the clock. Good game Twist, still not sure how you did not score on a few of those runs.

Players of the Game:
    QB Scott Graham 10-18 152 yards 2 TD/1 INT
    HB Sammie Moore 18 carries 162 yards 2 TD; 3 receptions 21 yards
    TE Justin Guidry 3 receptions 73 yards 1 TD
    OLB Scott Davis 4 tackles 2 sacks 1 interception
    SS Kevin Walker 5 tackles 1 interception

First Quarter
    05:34 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 4 yard rush
    01:55 TD USC Adam Johnson HB #20 64 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:41 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 3 yard rush
    05:30 TD Florida Herman Adams WR #84 10 yard pass from Scott Graham QB #11
    01:48 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 30 yard field goal
    00:23 TD USC Lawrence Robbins WR #85 9 yard pass from Andy Atkinson QB #6
    Third Quarter
    05:22 FG USC Reggie Gray K #3 46 yard field goal
    02:25 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 29 yard field goal
    00:34 TD Florida Justin Guidry TE #89 10 yard pass from Scott Graham QB #11
    Forth Quarter
    04:56 TD USC Jonathan Hairston TE #87 10 yard pass from Nick Patterson QB #8

13. Juggernautblitz

Notre Dame - 45
    Florida State - 5

Notre Dame slips one spot in the polls to West Virginia after barely beating Florida State 45-5. ND struggled a bit with the rhythm of the offense in this one as we switched to the Georgia playbook. Mike Ryan however was able to put up 4 TD's and 100 yards, WR Rob Morris had a nice day going for 150 yds+ and new starting QB Jimmie Mathis had an effective day going 21-30 for around 250 yards and 1 TD.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Week 1

#9 Alabama @ SMU

Alabama shuts out SMU in a dominant fashion: 59-0. Bama surprisingly struggled to do much of anything in the first quarter but finally opened it up in the 2nd quarter onward. The Mustangs had plenty of chances to score but always turned over possession whenever they were in good scoring position. Biggest story of the day was true freshman WR Titus Charles getting 5 catches for 184 yards. Although he only scored once he was still a big part in Bama's dominance.

It was over when... the 2nd quarter started. SMU was actually moving the ball and held the highly talented Bama offense to a 3 and out on their first drive.

Gameball goes to... Thomas Robinson. The converted safety had the big momentum swing early in the game that started the beatdown. He had a couple of tackles and 2 INT's, one of which he returned for a TD.

Stat of the game... 7. Alabama forced 7 turnovers in this game. Two of them were fumbles and the rest was 5 INT's in which for different players recorded atleast one.

Week 2

#2 Oregon @ #9 Alabama

Alabama wins at home: 38-28. This was an important game for both teams: Bama needed to define who they were right off the bat and Oregon really needed there 2nd user game win to help there case for a potential shot at the BCS title. But it was the Crimson Tide that pulled this one out after a close first half that saw Bama pull ahead by 3 right at the end. Bama kept Oregon from scoring on their first drive of the 2nd half and then Bama scored on a 78 yard TD pass because of an Oregon defender missing his assignment. After Bama held Oregon to another stop, the Ducks made a huge play by downing the punt inside Bama's 1 yard line. Being real catious because a safety would have definitely hurt the Tide's momentum, Coach Papa called in the ole FB Dive and it was a huge success gaining 12 yards. A couple of plays later another big play happened: This time it was Jason Robinson breaking off a 57 yard TD run going straight up the gut to make the score 31-14 with less than a minute to go in the 3rd. Still, only being up by 17, the Tide needed one more huge play to put this game out of reach, and it happened on Oregon's next drive. On a 4th and long, the Ducks QB dropped back to see a wide open receiver. What he didn't expect was that Tide safety Alex Smith would be able to get to the receiver at just the right time. Just about the time the player caught the ball, he had time to make make one step and Smith hit him. When they collided the receiver went one way and the ball went the other and was picked up by Tide linebacker Josh Williams. The next drive Jason Robinson got his second score on a 39 yard run to put the game away. After that Oregon got a couple of more TDs to make it a little closer.

It was over when... Jason Robinson scored his final TD after the big fumble.

Gameball goes to... Jason Robinson. He wasn't necessarily a factor until the 2nd half but either way, 183 yards and 2 TD's doesn't go unnoticed.

Stat of the game...1. The only turnover in the same game that produced 5+ last season.

15. vBIG SLICKv

Good game Perry, Your offense had too much talent for my defense.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 51
    TCU 0

The Gator's team is starting to discover its strengths and weaknesses. Some of these were obvious when the season started, while others are becoming more clear as the season progresses. One strength is the offensive line, which has to be one of the best in the country. In the USC game Sammie Moore was the hero but in this game the starting tailback was Daniel Mooney. He rushed for a game high 99 yards and 3 TD on just 14 carries. Before this game Mooney had seen more action as third string TE but in this game he looked like Bo Jackson. Freshman Michael Patterson (76 yards) and never used before junior Kelvin Byrd (64 yards 2 TD ) also outplayed their ratings thanks to the offensive line. A weakness for this team is the quarterback Scott Graham. He isn't bad, just very average in every facet of the game. He didn't play bad in this game, 9 of 13 161 yards, but threw an interception and no touchdowns. Graham will continue to start and he might get better with experience. It took former starter Josh Manning a full season to grow into his role. Hopefully Graham is a much quicker learner. On defense the weakness is the secondary, mostly the corners, but they weren't really tested. TCU insisted on dump passes and Florida was able to keep the gains small. The front seven did its job and that might be one of the team's greatest strengths. The unit nabbed 4 sacks and the run game for TCU was completely shut down. Starting HB Chris Franklin had 13 carries for 2 yards and the other backs carries 2 times for -4 yards.

Players of the Game:
    HB Daniel Mooney 14 carries 99 yards 3 TD; 3 receptions 49 yards
    HB Kelvin Byrd 6 carries 64 yards 2 TD
    DE Derek Jordan 4 tackles 1 sack
    OLB Scott Davis 6 tackles 1 sack
    MLB Atwaun O'Neil 4 tackles 1 sack
    CB Brian Brown 1 tackle 1 interception

First Quarter
    05:23 TD Florida Daniel Mooney HB #24 46 yard rush
    02:33 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 32 yard field goal
    00:07 TD Florida Daniel Mooney HB #24 6 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    03:46 TD Florida Adam Washington QB #16 4 yard rush
    01:33 TD Florida Daniel Mooney HB #24 4 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    03:58 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 38 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    04:53 TD Florida Kelvin Byrd HB #30 10 yard rush
    01:27 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 37 yard field goal
    00:09 TD Florida Kelvin Byrd HB #30 30 yard rush

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas edges WVU in Austin 39-38 in OT.

Write-up to come...

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 63
    Tennessee 7

The Gator's offensive line can block for pretty much anyone. In week 1 Sammie Moore was leading rusher but he was injured in that game. In week 2 the starter was Daniel Mooney and he led the team with 99 yards. Mooney started this week against Tennessee and he put together some good stats early. He rushed for 80 yards on 12 carries, but left with an injury. He will be out for at least 5 weeks, so both Mooney and Moore will miss the showdown with Bama in week 5. Mooney was relieved by true freshman Michael Patterson and the newbie put together a very impressive debut. He rushed for 186 yards and 5 touchdowns on just 21 carries. Patterson was just 1 of 3 Florida players to rush for over 100 yards. Fourth string back Kelvin Byrd also put together a big game, rushing for 119 yards and 1 TD on 14 carries. Even backup QB Adam Washington eclipsed the 100 yard mark in this game. He carries it 7 times, gaining 103 yards and 3 touchdowns. All told Florida rushed the ball 54 times and gained nearly 500 yards. The passing game did not play a big role as the coaches called just 7 passing plays. Scott Graham was 5 of 6 for 105 yards. On defense Will Little was the true enforcer. He had 9 tackles (8 solo, 1 assisted), 4 tackles for loss and 2 sacks. Tennessee did not turn it over in this game, but gained under 175 yards total offense.

Players of the Game:
    QB Adam Washington 7 carries 103 yards 3 TD
    HB Michael Patterson 21 carries 186 yards 5 TD
    HB Kelvin Byrd 14 carries 119 yards 1 TD
    DE Will Little 9 tackles (8 solo, 1 assisted) 4 tackles for loss 2 sacks

First Quarter
    04:28 TD Florida Michael Patterson HB #44 16 yard rush
    02:17 TD Florida Adam Washington QB #16 35 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    05:33 TD Florida Adam Washington QB #16 4 yard rush
    03:02 TD Florida Michael Patterson HB #44 3 yard rush
    00:45 TD Florida Michael Patterson HB #44 1 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    05:50 TD Florida Kelvin Byrd HB #30 24 yard rush
    03:08 TD Tennessee Dominique Wilson WR #84 8 yard pass from Joe Young QB #13
    00:50 TD Florida Adam Washington QB #16 37 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    04:08 TD Florida Michael Patterson HB #44 4 yard rush
    01:44 TD Florida Michael Patterson HB #44 59 yard rush

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Horns Still Standing After OT Bout With WVU
    39-38 (OT)
    Coach Max and the Horns pull another one out of their rear-ends in dramatic OT fashion, this time vs. the Mountaineers in Austin. This one was even at the start, even at half, and even at the end of regulation. Nothing would separate these teams after 4 quarters of hard fought football. Texas seemingly had the win sealed up after a TD with 1:14 left in the game put them up by 14 points, but as Lee Corso would say "Ahhh, not so fast my friends". WVU would take advantage of a lax Longhorn defense and drive the length of the field, scoring with 0:23 seconds left. Coach Max would put his "Hands team" out on the field to recover the onside kick, but the ball took a Blue & Gold bounce and bobbled straight into the hands of a Mountaineer. WVU would again strike quickly, scoring with 0:02 left in the game forcing OT.​
    The Longhorns would win the toss and send their defense out first. Riding their 4th quarter momentum, the Mountaineers would score easily putting Texas in a do-or-die situation. The Burnt Orange would "do" their thing and score. Even bandwagon fans could sense the worry on the home team's sideline. Instead of putting his Offense out on the field once again and giving WVU another opportunity to make magic, Coach Max decided the game would end on a Texas possession.​
    Kevin Williams got the 'o.k.' to call his own play and decided to spread the defense out with 4-wide for an all-important 2pt conversion. Williams sent his Wideouts on dummy routes and was looking for his RB Tom Rice all the way. What better route to win a game in Austin than on a Texas route? Rice made a cut and Williams fired the ball over the middle. The sticky-fingered RB came down with the ball and a one-point victory.​
    Had it came to another OT, WVU would most likely have won. That was the way the game was going. The Horns were definitely lucky to pull this one out. They can only cherish this historic win for so long though, as next week they must pack up and head to Louisiana to face #4 LSU in Death Valley.​
    Williams​
    11/15 188yd 1TD 0INT​
    Rice​
    20ATT 78yd 3TD​
    1REC 5yd (GW 2pt)​
    Mueller​
    6REC 105yd​
    Roberts​
    3REC 74yd 1TD​

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

No Rest for the Wicked: Texas Tames Death Valley
    28-17
    This would be a game of big plays and momentum swings. The crowd in Baton Rogue was frenzied and it definitely felt like a #1 vs. #4 game. LSU would win the toss and elect to kick to the potent Texas offense. (RS)Junior QB Kevin Williams, despite the valuable experience he gained in relief of Connor Wood last season, was obviously rattled to start off the game. UT and LSU would trade possessions before Texas started the scoring. First blood would come on a 50yd strike to speed-burner Calvin Mueller. Williams would work the seam, making the pass in the face of a heavy blitz costing the Tigers 6.​
    About 2:00 later LSU would execute a memorable play of their own. QB Trey Jones was trying to find his target deep down the sideline on 3rd down, but the receiver was blanketed by a Texas DB. The DB made the play, but swatted the ball straight into the arms of an astonished Tiger receiver. LSU would score off that drive and the crowd went berserk.​
    The game took a defensive turn as the crowd was too much for Williams and the Texas O, and the Horns blazingly fast Defense seemed too much for the Bayou Bengals under-powered Offense. The always-opportunistic LSU would score again about halfway through the 2nd though. Coach Max would have to feign confidence at this point, and try to rally his troops.​
    I think this is when what I consider the play of the game happened. LSU got the ball back and was starting off a drive that'd have put them up 21-7 in the 2nd. Texas' S Keenan Jenkins would get beat off the LoS, but displayed elite closing speed and made a TD-saving-over-the-shoulder interception. He kept his jets on and hit the sideline almost returning it the length of the field, but would be stopped at the 1. RB Tom Rice would punch it in evening the score up at 14-14. The two powerhouses would go into halftime all tied up.​
    The Longhorns offense just wasnt clicking. If Texas was to win this one they'd have to do it with Defense. On cue, the D would step up and shut LSU out in the third allowing the UT offense to score a TD and take the lead. LSU looked like they were about to tie it up after another sustained drive early in the 4th, but as the field got shorter for the Tigers, the Texas D clamped down and held them to a 23yd FG.​
    Texas would tack on another TD with 3:09 remaining in the game and the Defense would continue their 2nd half dominance leading to a Longhorns 28-17 victory.​
    Its not over the Burnt Orange. They get 2 weeks of winnable games at home (Cal and Kansas State) before the RRSO and another potential top 5 match up vs. Oklahoma. This is a must-win for both teams as last season it was the deciding factor in who got a National Championship bid. The Sooners look tough at this point, but they have a hellacious schedule of their own they must get through before facing Texas. No matter what happens between now and then the Red River Shoot Out will no-doubt be the most important game of the year for both sides.​
    gg Dru. Id say you out-schemed me for most of the game, but the talent differential just seemed too great at times.​
    Williams​
    13/21 207yd 2TD 1INT​
    Rice​
    13ATT 41yd 2TD​
    Mueller​
    4REC 88yd 1TD​
    R. Williams​
    7SOLO 2TFL​

21. BDSDIGITAL

#21 OSU 45 - Nevada 17

They had me a little worried for a minute. We ended up cruising, but only after benching our starting QB for the true Freshman Robert Bullock, who will start the rest of the season for us.

Bullock had a pretty good day though throwing for 301 and 3 td's. WR Walter Bell caught all 3 td's.

The Nevada crowd was too much for the former starter Richardson [​IMG] who was seeing nothing but ? and squiggly lines...

It's Nevada bro, not Cameron Indoor.

Next week is a bye thank god and then after that we start our Big 10 schedule.

22. Dru50

@Maxattax34 - good game man, the lack of team speed on my offense was very telling in this game. At some point scheme can only take you so far, guys have to get open, guys have to block and guys have to make the throws. My offense is too young at this point to probably contend, and losing my starting HB for 5 weeks doesn't help. It was a fun game though, and I'm hoping I at least made you a little nervous about the outcome. Good luck the rest of the year.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Oklahoma - 24
    West Virginia - 14

Good game smalls. This one started off with OU taking the opening possession and converting it into 7 points on a 5+ minute drive. The next play was the turning point of the game. WV's kick returner took the kick but upon first contact forgot one thing - hold onto the ball. When he fumbled, it took a nice OU bounce right to a Sooners defender who scooped it and scored. 14-0 OU at that point.

For the rest of the half, the Sooners defense showed what kind of unit they are as they allowed WVU 55 total first half yards of offense. The OU offense was able to add a touchdown before the half to take a 21-0 lead into halftime - I think. Doing this from memory after having played another user game.

In the second half, WVU was able to find some success through the air and made a nice comeback as they cut the lead to 21-14 OU. On the next drive, OU was able to tack on a field goal for some breathing room late in the game. On the next WVU possession, their QB was hit and the ball was thrown high and with little power and was intercepted, cementing the win for the Sooners.

Next week OU will take on Notre Dame with Texas looming in the not so distant future.

24. vBIG SLICKv

[​IMG]

#7 Oregon - 56 UCLA 7​

Oregon dominates UCLA from the opening kickoff.​

• Like Like x 1
  25. Juggernautblitz

Notre Dame - 35
    Nebraska - 34

I am still trying to figure out exactly how I won this game. Nebraska was in charge of this one most of the way, all the way up to the last play of the game.
    Notre Dame received the opening kickoff and marched down the field on the Cornhuskers but the nerves were showing as we got lucky on a couple of bad passes. The luck ran out around the Nebraska 15 - 20 yard line as Mike Ryan was big hit by Beazus and he coughed up the ball. That was a big deflater and it was all Nebraska for 99% of the rest of the first half as they took a 14 - 0 lead and had the ball again midway through the 2nd quarter. Notre Dame needed a stop and finally got one, forcing Nebraska to punt. That stop gave me a little hope and finally wiped away the anger from that Mike Ryan fumble. ND moved the ball methodically down the field and with 8 seconds left QB Jimmie Mathis hit WR Rob Morris for a 2 yard TD to make it 14 - 7 at the half. The first half was 90% Nebraska, 10% Notre Dame but only 14 - 7 on the scoreboard.
    Nebraska started the 2nd half with the ball and on the first or second play their QB was hit by a blitzing ND linebacker and the ball flopped out and directly into the hands of ND DE Tony Brown and he ran it back for a 9 yard TD, 14 - 14. The rest of the 2nd half would be a back and forth affair, with Nebraska slicing up the ND defense, only to be answered by ND's offense coming right back down the field. ND would score with a little over a minute to go to tie the game up in regulation at 28. ND's defense stiffened and forced a Nebraska punt with about 30 seconds left, into a 13 mph wind. The ND returner brought it back to probably the Irish 40 yard line and with a couple timeouts left things were looking promising until the ref decided to throw a bogus flag for holding and bring the ball back to the 20ish. After a couple of ill advised passes that were nearly picked off, we punted and the game went to overtime.
    ND lost the coin toss again and started on offense. ND found themselves with a 3rd and 13 and knowing that a field goal would probably not cut it, based on how the Nebraska offense had carved up the Irish D, we played for the TD and Jimmie Mathis rolled out and found WR Robert Mathis in the very back of the end zone for a TD, 35 - 28. Nebraska took their turn on offense and sure enough they scored without much difficulty. I could feel that Beazus was going to go for the win and sure enough he came out in a regular offensive formation. He snapped the ball, his qb did a 3 step drop, he fired the ball to his open TE in the flat but the pass was too hard and was incomplete. ND wins 35 - 34.
    Good game Beazus. I've lost quite a few games that I felt I should have won but this was definitely a game that I should have lost but didn't.

Next up - another Big 12 contender, Oklahoma.