Season 6: Pitt Panthers (Rynoaid) Scouting Report

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Coming soon. Game to be played in next couple of days. I will break the cherry.

Season 6 Pitt Panthers (Rynoaid)

• Team Strengths and Weakness on paper: Pitt has a great Offense line and HB - Greg Fergesen. Chad Byers is a 98 OVR WR with 98 Speed but QB Scott has a noodle of an arm with 75 THP. He is extremely accurate but his balls float.

On defense the team has a killer Defensive Line and B graded LBs. It is tough to run against this team if they are expecting run. They way to run is mixing up the play calling and running on 2nd and longs. The secondary is very week. They have some speed at CB but they are all very vulnerable. Passing against this team can be very effective.
    • Offensive Gameplan and play calling - t Coach Rynoaid likes to throw to many different receivers and doesn't seem to lock on anyone. You can get away with alot of cover 1, double man, and LB blitzing. Not having to worry about the deep ball makes playing defense against this offense a little simplified. Coach Rynoaid is about a balanced attacked and slowing move the ball down the field. His is rather restricted by his QB lack of arm. Expect a good number of counter and off tackle runs. Passing the ball he is a big fan of the WR out and comeback route. Don't forget about the TE as he will hit him if needed. Rynoaid is quick to find the open
    • Defensive Gameplan and play calling - Ryno on defense calls alot of different plays. I felt on passing downs he likes to call some sort of Zone Blitz. He will often control a LB and try to hover around. I am having trouble remembering defenses. I will update this when i do the video
    • Special Teams - Junior Punter Mike Ball handles the kicking duties. He has a 78 powered leg. I think he will struggle with anything over 40 yards. Expect good field position off punts in their own end.
    • Stick Skillz - Ryno is a bit lacking in this aspect of the game. On a few long passes he did take control of the CB to try and make a play and I really think this will hurt him on deep passes. When controlling a LB and attacking a run he will wait and rush in quickly. It is best to be patient as a ball carrier and wait for him to make the first move. He missed a few tackles vs Wisconsin in week 1.
    • Summary - Ryno is a good sim player and really likes to mix up his play calling. he likes to attack the sidelines with his WR's but does not take too much advantage of the middle of the field. Can run in between the and off the tackles. The Counter seems to be the most effective. he will call pass plays when u expect run and vice versa. He is fun to play and always brings it.
    Video will be attached at a later date.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

UPDATED

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    • Team Strengths and Weakness on paper: When scouting Pitt on paper, you see they had a QB who has excellent accuracy but really doesn't have much throw power. They have a NFL caliber Offensive line with a great stable of RB's with great speed. Defensively, their front 4 is great, their LB's are good but their secondary is mediocre.
    • Offensive Gameplan and play calling - Pitt came out differently then I expected as they used play action and passed quite a bit. They didn't use their run game as much as I thought. It threw me off quite a bit. Mostly, the passing offense was one of quick decisions and getting to that 1st read. If that 1st read isn't open, either coach would try and force it over the middle or take a sack. Rarely did Pitt go to the outside with their WR's. Chad Byers really doesn't get much burn in the offense but I'd always keep an eye on him just in case he was running a go route. Running wise, Coach likes to run more to the outside than in between the tackles. Much better runner this way as in-between the tackles it wasn't effective this time.
    • Defensive Gameplan and play calling - The defense this time around was tough as nails passing wise. He forced us to go to the outside. Played quite a bit of zone it seemed to me and he'd roam the middle with his LB. CLogged the middle passing wise in hopes you'd throw an errant pass in there. Going outside was a success as his main CB's aren't great CB's and can be beat. Pitt didn't try to keep his guys man to man much though to cover up their deficiencies. Pitt's run defense was very aggressive and would overplay one side of the field in hopes of stopping you.
    • Special Teams - Their kicker doesn't have much of a leg, he missed from 45 yards out. He does have a good freshman in the wings who can be very good soon though.
    • Stick Skillz - Ryno has decent stick skills but isn't a stick jockey. He roams the middle and tries to discourage you from throwing in the middle of the field. LB, he sometimes over-pursues and you could take advantage of this run wise.
    • Summary - Ryno's game isn't one you see from anyone else. He did a lot of quick passes, used some zone blitzes and quite a bit of zone in general. Pitt's usually a run first team with those speedy backs but liek i mentioned he did use quite a bit of PA pass so be careful trying to blitz so much as you could be beat. Doesn't use that dangerous WR like he should in Byers as he's literally their best player on offense. I feel Pitt should get some more plays to get Byers the ball because he's so dangerous. Good game Ryno.