Season 6 Points of Emphasis - READ AND SIGN

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Feb 15, 2011.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Season 5 saw a large portion of our multi-league members exit the league due to time constraints, and as unfortunate as that is, it's part of being in an online dynasty.

Nevertheless, the league is still doing fine.

This year, I will be implementing points of emphasis regarding sim play to address some issues that I have received complaints about or have seen myself. I am serious about these and I will punish people for not following the rules.

1. Excessive use of non-primary receivers/money routes - To me, this is the single biggest problem and the hardest to police. For those of you that don't know, it is EXTREMELY difficult to cover routes in the middle of the field, particularly TE routes that flow across the offensive line or go straight up field and the same WR routes from the slots.

These are extremely unfair and you may not notice how much you rely on them. It's time to start paying attention. If it's 3rd and 5+, pay attention to where you are looking for your big play. Is it your primary receiver? Or is it your TE or WR3/4/5? I've played way too many games where I have played strong defense only to successfully predict the exact play and player that the ball is going to go to on 3rd and 18 and still get burned. The easy response is, "Soda, you should be picking better plays." But it's not that simple. This is literally unstoppable in many circumstances, and despite passing in the middle of the field being a legitimate part of the game, having your non-primary WR's catch multiple 3rd and longs in a game is not.

New Rule: EVERY GAME, SAVE TO YOUR END GAME HIGHLIGHTS EVERY PASSED GAIN OVER 25 YARDS TO ANY PLAYER THAT IS LINED UP AT THE SLOT, TE, OR HB POSITION. THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS ARE SCREEN PASSES. THIS MUST BE IN A CAMERA ANGLE THAT MAKES IT EASY TO SEE THE PLAY DEVELOP (SUCH AS WIRE).

Punishment for Forgetting to Save: 1st time: Warning. 2nd time: 1 Lost Scholarship for Year. 3rd time: 1 Game Ban. 4th time: League Removal.

Punishment for Excessive Use: To be Determined.

2. Excessive use of Toss/Pitch plays - From the numbers I've seen, I believe that some people are exploiting the outside runs, which are much easier on this game than the more typical inside runs. Therefore, we are going to do something about that.

New Rule: EVERY GAME, SAVE TO YOUR END GAME HIGHLIGHTS IN WIRE CAMERA EVERY RUN OVER 25 YARDS, NO MATTER THE PLAYER.

Punishment for Forgetting to Save: 1st time: Warning. 2nd time: 1 Lost Scholarship for Year. 3rd time: 1 Game Ban. 4th time: League Removal.

Punishment for Excessive Use: To be Determined.

3. Crossing Routes - Just.. please don't do that stupid cross route play and throw it to one of the two guys who ALWAYS are open on it, whether you do man or zone or whatever. Just... don't.

4. Game Restarts - With proof, no warning will be given and the player will not take on any punishment. Otherwise, without proof, the following procedure will be used:

1st time - Warning. 2nd time - 1 game Suspension. 3rd time - Removal from League.

These are the main issues I have seen. If someone else knows of something of concern, please PM me and I will watch for it or maybe even add it to this list. I am serious about this.

Anyone who avoids any form of punishment will receive 10 extra participation points at the end of the season.

I have posted my highlights to the dynasty wire for week 1 as an example. Everyone else will be expected to start this as of week 2.

This will work on an honor system. I trust you guys not to try to do anything unethical. If I find out and can prove that you are doing something to hide your stats by stopping short, or something like that, you will be immediately removed from the league.

If there are more than 5 instances in a game that need to be saved, use touchdowns first, then go in order of biggest gain.

The easiest way to do this is to capture the plays as they happen. In user games, you have to wait until the game is over.

Everyone please read and sign that you understand and will abide by these points of emphasis before your week 2 game.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

@SodaAddict

Could you explain what you mean by "crossing routes"? You can't call a mesh play if your opponent is playing heavy man? You can't throw to a wide open TE or third WR on a 3rd down play? I'm just a little confused by this. If your primary and secondary receiver are well covered, what do you propose we do? Not make any more reads and throw it out of bounds or to a check-down receiver and get a 4th down?

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

@Soda Addict...every run of over 25 yards? Not sure I'll have enough slots with the option @ FSU.

4. fuzzyl0gic

If you have more than 5 combined run/pass plays for over 25 yards, you're screwed. lol.

5. SodaAddict

Just don't call plays that lend themselves to cheap routes. There are plenty of plays that don't have the TE or Slot go towards the middle of the field. If you want to see what I mean about it being cheap, I will happily play an exhibition with you and show you how impossible these plays are to cover.

And I would have no problem with mesh if it weren't for the fact that it screws up the AI in zone coverage too. I literally refuse to call it because it's so easy to exploit. There are 100 other plays to choose from to beat man coverage.

6. SodaAddict

Not sure if you guys read the whole post.....

"If there are more than 5 instances in a game that need to be saved, use touchdowns first, then go in order of biggest gain."

7. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I didn't see that last part, sorry about that. I have to say, this is the first I've ever heard that mesh is a cheap play, that is a bit surprising. I use it occasionally and get a few yards here and there, sometimes it can get big yardage when the defense calls the wrong play, as with any big play.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Signed and agreed, I agree with you for the most part. I know passes over the middle to the slot receiver can be easily exploited, it's just going to be tough to judge in some instances how much is too much. 2 3rd down conversions to the TE? 3 conversations? I will try to avoid it as much as possible, but this year my TE is a second year all american with good hands, by far the best receiver on the team this year. I really don't want to limit his catches.

9. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I imagine this is at least partially addressed towards me as I do go to my TE quite a bit.

Signed.

10. SodaAddict

imo, there's a pretty clear difference in most cases in what would be considered exploiting and what wouldn't. If the TE is in man coverage and covered up over top and you bullet pass inside, that's probably exploiting because the defenders always cover the outside shoulder and don't recover like the receiver does to the pass. I would suggest working him in by using corners, quick outs, and looking for zone coverage holes or over top in man coverage, using the height mismatch.

I have no problem if your TE has 39 3rd down conversions if it's not using a lame route that works 90% of the time.

Regarding mesh, my main issue with it is that it works better than it should because the players run in to each other way too much. It's really the only play that comes to mind where the players (both offensive and defensive) run in to each other... and in that scenario, the WR's gain the advantage the vast majority of the time. I don't have a problem with someone running it as long as they don't throw it to a player that really is only open because the game's AI f'd up and had 4 guys run in to each other.

11. SodaAddict

Nah, honestly, it's a very very very common general complaint with the game and something that has irked me since like... September. I've tried several times to say things to people about it and with all the new blood coming in, I felt like it was necessary to go ahead and take a more solid stance against un-sim play to head off any potential issues.

12. SodaAddict

Also, please note in case you happened to miss it, you don't have to save the passes of over 25 yards to receivers lined up at the wide outs. There doesn't seem to be any AI problem there.

13. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I can't save highlights. Or view them. I have a slim xbox.

14. duhdman1026

duhdman1026 Walk On

15. SodaAddict

Can you use a USB hard drive? I know they enabled them for the 360... that may be an option?

16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Is there any way we can just report if we have a problem with someone? This seems like it will get complicated.

18. SodaAddict

I feel like this will be a deterrent... think about it.. should you really have that many 25+ yard runs or 25+ yard passes to your TE or Slot WR's? What's that complicated about just saving those plays after they happen?

I had 1 play that qualified the whole game in game 1, which took me 20 seconds or so to save.

The object is to make people aware of things that they may be doing that could be considered cheap to keep us from having to have issues with each other in user games. I have had issues every single year that people have come to me about and I have basically had to be like... I will do the best I can to handle it... and up until now I haven't really come up with a strong way to deal with it.

19. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Signed and agreed.

20. SodaAddict

I guess the best thing to do for you then is to pay close attention to what plays you run and monitor your stats for realism. Things I will be looking for: How many receptions/yards/ypc do your non-primary receivers have and what is your HB's average ypc and yards per game.

But of course, those are just monitors.

21. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I've played Nachos a ton of times.. He's legit. He may get kind of annoying with the use of his running backs this year though.. Sorry bout that [​IMG]

BTW.. I have the same issue with my new slim box.. He's not the only one.

22. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Read and signed.....

23. SodaAddict

Yeah, it's something I'm aware of, I'm just trying to make this as much of a blanket policy as possible. Thanks for the post AJ. Hope all is well in Fifa land.

24. mboda

mboda Walk On

Read and Signed.

25. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Read and Signed