Season 6 Post Season Survey

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is both a shot at stiring up content, and gathering some feedback. I highly advise you all fill these out- it's fun to discuss stuff. Kapono, feel free to answer what you can.

1) Favorite game you played? You wouldn't have to had necesarily won, but just a game that you thoroughly enjoyed.

2) Favorite player from your roster this season?

3) Senior you will miss the most (that player that will make your team totally different when he is gone).

4) One game you wish you could get a "mulligan" on and replay?

5) How did your team fair in comparison to the expectations you had for them?

6) Which players exceeded your expectations?

7) Which ones disappointed?

8) What would you like to see in Orange Crush next season and beyond?

9) Please note any B1G vs ACC Challenge opponent you specifically want from the other conference.

10) General thoughts on the league; how do you like it around here?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The game against BP was especially fun for me, because I needed that user win so bad. I think I was on something like a 2-4 game user losing streak. Also, beating Qwon was great as always- even if his team couldn't compete with Helen Keller.

2) Cory King - When I was running the Oregon playbook he was so much fun to use. Such great quickness and elusiveness for a QB really made the read options a great weapon for me. When I switched to a pro style he showed a good arm (not great, but good enough most of the time).

3) I have mobile quarterbacks (not on the level of King) that will be fine for my offense, so I think I will miss either Brandon Smith, Jerrell McDonald, or my TE Robinson. Smith and McDonald were very reliable receivers for me, and Smith was a very good return man. Obviously, losing a stud TE can always suck, but I have a great one coming in right behind him. Still, he just felt like a leader out there - as much as a virtual NCAA player can feel like a leader.

4) My game vs Philstyle for sure - I was really hoping to play well against him since he is pretty much the top talent (stick skills + the team he amassed) and a good measuring stick for my team. Sadly, we came out flat as hell and were down by multiple scores going into halftime. We played well in the second half, but I would like to have another crack at that game.

5) Not far off, I knew there were some good teams like Wiscy, Michigan, and Penn State in the conference, so I knew 3-4 losses wasn't out of the question when you factor in the Challenge games. I'm satisfied with my finish, not happy- but satisfied.

6) I think Chris Burke played amazingly well. He is from South Dakota, so I automatically pretty much tagged him as one of my favorite players. I usered him often and he is a solid athlete and a good tackler so he was fun to use. He is only a junior so I hope to have him back for one more season in Lincoln. If he does come back, he should have a monster senior year.

7) My SS Erik Arnold. He had some nice interceptions, but overall he disappointed at times. I was hoping to see him making some big tackles more, but never really did see him make any plays in the running game that I can remember. I know it may be asking a lot, but I was expecting a big big year from him.

8) Obviously, as commish, I would like to see the general activity pick up or at least stay steady. I would also like to see some users come up with some "random content" throughout the season, or maybe even see someone (or maybe a couple people team up) maintain something like Power rankings for user teams throughout the season. I may look at doing the power rankings myself, but we shall see.

9) I don't have any preferences, I might try the new guy hurricane out though. I'm making the schedules so my statement here doesn't mean much haha.

10) I think we are on our way guys, I really do. Some people need to pick it up though, and I will be addressing that likely sometime at the beginning of next season. We have made a nice addition in Kapono, and I will be looking to add some other quality guys when given opportunities to. Also, getting Steamer43 back will be really nice once he has the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would appreciate everyone do one, it doesn't take more then maybe 5-10 minutes. It's always fun to reflect on your team.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

1) Favorite game you played? You wouldn't have to ad necesarily won, but just a game that you thoroughly enjoyed.
    • The game vs BPHusker. I was down most of the game and made a couple of plays to get back into the game. The last play sealed it off and I will not say how it went down in respect to BP. lol
    • Freshman RB Jeremy Mason: My first five star player I recruited. The dude is a powerback and it was nice to bulldozer people an drag people for that extra couple of yards.

3) Senior you will miss the most (that player that will make your team totally different when he is gone).
    • FS Freddie Hackett: I user the the FS and I have had a wonderful time playing center field with him. He wasn't very fast or agile so it helped improve my stick skills in coverage.
    • First game against Fuzzy. I had six turnovers that game and I had two rare fumbles by my RB. I had high expectations in being able to win at home where QB Mike Curry excelled. Things didn't go my way but I got my revenge in the ACC Championship game!

• With the young team I had my expectations were low. I only hoped to make it to the ACC Championship and not actually win it. Being the runner up in the Orange Bowl is a really good step toward my goal of winning a national title before NCAA 13 comes out.
    • Freshman MLB Luke Smith & Junior SS Jeremy Hutchinson. First Luke Smith, this guy took away the starting position from Sophomore(RS) Jamaal Stewart. Smith flew to the ball and always finished off his tackles. Yea his play recognition and man skills were sub par but he did his best sticking it to the TE or WR that caught the ball. Hutchinson used his zone coverage skills to his advantage and led the team in picks, 6. He also did a fantastic job in man coverage against UNC in the ACC Championship game as well. I will hate to see him go after next season.
    • Sophomore(RS) MLB Jamaal Stewart. The guy fell on his face hard. He is 4 points higher in overall rating compared to Luke Smith but the guy couldn't tackle or cover. He didn't show any leadership like Smith did but he better get his ducks in a row or he will be riding the pine pony.
    • I miss the preseason power rankings from CoachRedd. I will start a race for the bcs once the bcs rankings come out. I will update it every week breaking down the movement in the standings, who they play and my thoughts on each game.
    9) Please note any B1G vs ACC Challenge opponent you specifically want from the other conference.
    • It doesn't matter to me. I'd like to face Kapono and his QB running attack. I want to compare it to my style of play with the QB.
    • I like it a lot. The guys on here get the job done in playing their games in a reasonable amount of time. We only had one time where we got held up because of an user so I would say it was a successful season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I have no idea who is good, so I'd like a challenge. And Kasper could you update the current roster on the league description page? I don't really know who's who.

Edit: and yeah I'll play Clemson. How many user games are played OOC usually, 2?

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Jesus.. alright.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

In After Midnight, Boom29 did a weekly worst for a season where we'd make fun of whoever sucked the most for the week. I might not do it every single week, but I may do a few weeks at a time whenever I get bored.

And I'll try to be as mean as I can as long as you guys can handle the criticism.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

JQwon13 ......

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

1) Favorite game you played? You wouldn't have to ad necesarily won, but just a game that you thoroughly enjoyed.
    • PSU vs Oshiomogho - I was down early (14-3, 17-3?) and was able to pull within 4 at 24-20 with a chance to win. I came out on the losing ending, throwing a game ending pick at the 10 yard line. :(
    • Sophomore Brandon Parham - this kid is going is going to be damn good next season. He is really balanced and can get around the corner with his speed or break a LB's tackle. As a SO (RS) he is 87 overall, so it should be interesting to see how he improves in the offseason.
    • RB Ryan Moore - this guy has been my offense for the last 4 seasons. He started as a freshman and I believe holds the record for most yards in a career. When the game was in the balance and I needed yards, he would almost always pick them up. He will be missed.
    • Game with sawemoff - I took the lead 21-20 with 40 seconds left and jacked up the kickoff and it went out of bounds. On the next play, I called a zone for some reason (I was having success with the man all game) and my safeties got confused and his WR was wide open by 10-15 yards and scored. :(
    • I expected a small dropoff after I lost my two top WRs because of the transfer failed after I convinced them to stay, but unlike last season, I couldn't win the close ones - I was 2 plays away from a 9-3 regular season.
    • Freshman WR Charles Ortiz - this guy came in as a freshman and racked up 529 yards and 7 TDs. He wasn't Markell Cameron, but filled in nicely.
    • Senior QB Darren McIntosh - This guy threw 21 INTs... that's all that needs to be said. He was really inaccurate, especially over the middle. I don't know how many times a WR was open and he threw it over his head, in front or behind him and it resulted in an interception. After the Bowl Game, Crawford is a much more reliable passer and I'm lucky he will be around another year.
    • I miss JQwon13's crushies (sorry Kasper). It took too long last season... I think it was Week 8 before they were finished. ;P
    • I want another shot at sawemoff. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that defense collapse with 40 seconds left.
    • I am a big fan of the dynasty. Hell, its probably the best dynasty I have been in since the online dynasties were introduced. This one has a good group of guys that, I feel, have made me better at the game. I love the forum banter, but with CoachRedd and others hanging it up until NCAA13, it has slowed down a bit. Keep up the good work Kasper.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

1) Favorite game you played? You wouldn't have to had necesarily won, but just a game that you thoroughly enjoyed.

I always enjoy my yearly tussle with Oshiomogho . Throw offense right out the window. It's a knock down, drag em out, defensive slugfest and I love it. I don't know that either of us have ever scored 20 against the other in the 4 times we've played. This year was another just like it. Oshi beat me despite not scoring an offensive touchdown, 16-14. He finished with a 137 yards of offense and I had 119. There were 11 turnovers. It was glorious.

I'd like to say Matt Lee. My 88 OVR true senior WR. But I'm a defensive guy. So it's a tie between my stud junior OLB Nathan Brown and my freshman phenom CB Nate London. London is gonna be a bad man. 96 spd and 97 acceleration as a frosh.

LT Cole Patterson. My stud WR will be easily replaced as I've got two guys right behind him. Replacing my 85 OVR LT will be another story.

Well I crapped games away in the final minute against Oshi, BPHusker and Kasper so any of those. BUt to be honest, Kasper just beat me. The game screwed me with a fumble on my potential game winning or at least game tying drive at the end against BP. So I'd take the mulligan against Oshi as that one was clearly on me. Going to the air on my final drive when all I had to do was run clock was beyond stupid. That interception still haunts me.

:doodie:

DT Luke Vincent. He was a big DE that I had to move to DT due to lack of depth but he played phenomenal. He was a good pass rusher and a great run stuffer.

QB Joe Walker...Although that's probably on me somewhat for bad decision making. But you can ask BP and Philstyle3005 , Walker was terrible at times. He would miss his targets by a ridiculous margin.

Maybe fuzzyl0gic but don't really care

Kasper likes balls.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I enjoy every user game I play, a lot more fun than the CPU. I'd say my favorite is against fuzzyl0gic though. We always have really good games. It was a little more one sided this past season than normal, but he more than got me back in another league haha.

WR Sean McDougal- Really good WR who will probably light me up next season in the Michigan vs Michigan St. game.

I'll miss every player on that Michigan roster, including all of the incoming Freshman. Going to be a crazy class for the Wolverines.

Nothing really. I can't remember exact mistakes I made in any of the games, but I know I made my fair share. Nothing really sticks out to me though since none of the mistakes ever cost me too much.

I expected an undefeated/ 1 loss season.

@Oshiomogho- He had missed the conference championship the last few seasons. Was good to see him back in it this season.

Kasper kind of surprised me. I was expecting him to be undefeated coming into our game, but then again, he was playing with a new team he didn't put together so you never know how that's going to work out.

I like how it is currently. It's nearing the end of the year, so I'm just glad to see guys are still having interest in the game. Don't want to do anything that would make people start to lose interest.

Doesn't matter. The Spartans will play whoever.

Very fun league with a solid group of guys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

My favorite game i played this year would have to be against the Michigan Wolverines, it was a great game. I was losing 14 0 to begin a game and i came back to take a nice lead but in the 4th qtr i couldn't hold it i made a horrible punt from my own one and he took it back 15 yards and kicked the GW FG. That was a tough loss for me.

Leanard Wright- Great Multi Dimentsional back

Ray Dodd he was a great wr had the height and speed to be a #1 Wr on any team in the country.

Game against Philstyle(Michigan)

Well i lost all 3 user games 1 got simmed i wish i couldve played them again

Jeremy Hart

Averay Gray- He got burn alot this year of slants, posts, streaks, etc

More user Games

Oshiomogho

I like it a lot around here even though Kasper says im barely here ;) i read everything you guys write, its just that i don't write nothing, but trust me i see everything

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oh, that's why you ask me what I'm talking about in the chat box all the time when it's OC related- see I confused it with you not reading the forums, that is my fault.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

14. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

My favorite game was against Michigan, even though I didn't win. I had to abandon the run game and air it out, we both threw up a lot of points in that one.

Jed Espinoza

Once again, Espinoza. He carried the offense this season (1700+ yds rushing 14 TDs), and I've never seen a back with the ability to just plow defenders over like he did. He will be missed greatly.

CCG against Clemson, turnovers killed me.

I did a piss poor job this year going 9-4 with a very talented team. The secondary was our weakness (besides Hardy throwing INTs), and hopefully next year we can execute better.

WR Ervin, he got the starting position mid-way through the season and made a big impact in the passing game. He wasn't that fast, but he caught everything thrown his way.

QB Hank Hardy. He has the attributes to be a great pocket passer, but I did a terrible job with him this year.

More activity.

PSU, Nebraska

I'm very comfortable, we have a great group here.

• Like Like x 1